Land Before Time series

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member
Location: I'd rather be way out there beyond this hidden town, Barnaby.

Land Before Time series

Post by PixarVixen » April 25th, 2006, 2:13 am

Just when you thought you couldn't get enough Land Before Time...LOL

While looking up Rob Paulsen's voice acting credits on IMDb.com, I discovered that there will be an animated TV series of The Land Before Time.

I found this article on ICv2.com:

August 12, 2005
"Universal has announced that it has commenced production on 26 episodes of a Land Before Time TV series, which will air on Cartoon Network beginning in 2007 and then be released on DVD. The series will have 2D animation and 3D backgrounds.

The property, which was based on a 1988 feature directed by Don Bluth and executive produced by George Lucas and Steven Spielberg, has spawned ten direct-to-video sequels. As a group, the features have sold over 60 million units worldwide and accounted for over $1 billion in sales.

A new feature, Land Before Time: Day of the Flyers, will also be released on DVD in 2007. Universal will also launch a new licensing program for merchandise based on the property."

I don't know if this is old news to everyone on here, but it was new to me.

~~=oP
[img]http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff356/PixarVixen/sigs/SyndromeOlympictoss.jpg[/img]
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]
[size=75]avatar by Robert Iza[/size]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » April 25th, 2006, 3:17 am

You'd think they would have just made a TV series after the 2nd movie (Chomper ruled okay?) instead of all the CRAP.

God, I had to sit through a song from that new day of the flyers, during the little 20 minute thing before the movie/previews start in the theaters. It was torture.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member
Location: I'd rather be way out there beyond this hidden town, Barnaby.

Post by PixarVixen » April 25th, 2006, 3:25 am

I saw that too. It was before Doogal.

And yes, Chomper did rule.

~~=oP
[img]http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff356/PixarVixen/sigs/SyndromeOlympictoss.jpg[/img]
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]
[size=75]avatar by Robert Iza[/size]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » April 25th, 2006, 8:19 am

My parents used to get me all the sequels to this when I was a kid...After a while we stopped, thank goodness.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 25th, 2006, 8:01 pm

"Flip, flap, flip, flap and fly! Flip, flap, flip, flap and fly!"

Yep. I've heard it.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 3rd, 2007, 2:21 am

TAG Blog wrote:The Land Before Time, after a nineteen-year run at the studio, has now shuddered. One theatrical, thirteen or fourteen direct-to-video features, and one season of half-hour shows. Finished.

Nobody there no more.
Finally....! :)

I love the original, and like all the sequels, but enough. And I'm happy the series is getting the boot, too. It was horrible.... (Aside from Chopper, because as stated above, he ruled!)

Code Horror

Post by Code Horror » September 4th, 2007, 3:26 pm

Well guys, I read that Universal has now put The Land Before Time series to rest, so no more sequels overall.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Whippet Angel » September 4th, 2007, 6:42 pm

May it finally rest in peace........ :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 4th, 2007, 8:37 pm

Indeed!

Now its just a matter of time, before they release all 13 movies (one more one the way, apparently) in a nice little boxset. I would SO buy that! :)

Code Horror

Post by Code Horror » September 5th, 2007, 2:26 pm

But after Number 13, it's finished and frankly I was getting sick of tired of the Land Before Time sequels.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Land Before Time series

Post by Daniel » October 24th, 2020, 1:04 pm

James Horner's complete score coming to CD. Yay! Deep emotions and nostalgia. Beautiful score.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 24th, 2020, 2:03 pm

Although going the usual route of recycling many themes and things he would use again many times elsewhere, Horner's score is perhaps the highlight of this film. I’ll be up for this one. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re:

Post by JustinChan » November 12th, 2020, 1:10 am

Breake Horror wrote:
September 4th, 2007, 3:30 pm
Well guys, I read that Universal has now put The Land Before reading these testimonials for phenq Time series to rest, so no more sequels overall.
It is an undeniable truth that kids love dinosaurs. There's just something about these gargantuan prehistoric proto-reptiles that fascinates young people like nothing else — and long before Jurassic Park could scare the pants off budding baby paleontologists, there was the 1988 animated feature The Land Before Time, which has since been canonized as a classic for generations of tricera-tots. It was so successful that it spawned more than a dozen direct-to-video sequels, plus a television series and even a video game — not to mention kicking off a dinosaur media obsession with films like We're Back and Dinosaur, and television series like Jim Henson's bizarre puppet sitcom Dinosaurs. 
Last edited by JustinChan on November 16th, 2020, 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 12th, 2020, 11:31 am

Here's the site from which the above post plagiarized from. Good read!