Comments on Legion of Superheroes designs...

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
GeorgeC

Comments on Legion of Superheroes designs...

Post by GeorgeC » May 3rd, 2006, 11:21 am

First of all, are we certain this show ISN'T called "Superboy AND the Legion of Superheroes?"

Secondly, it also looks like the Murakami curse has struck again. A Japanese-American creator feels the need to emulate his ancestral homeland's design aesthetic and comes up with a fusion hybrid that very few people are going to be happy with. As much as I generally liked the guy in real life (met him at the '99 Chicago Con), I've always felt his designs were weaker compared to Bruce Timm's and a number of other character designers on BTAS/STAS/JL/JLU.

Folks, this is Teen Titans with a big dose of Superman. It's not going to please everybody, but I suspect the reception could be as bad as it was for Teen Titans generally speaking when it comes to comic book fans.

God know I don't like these designs any more than I did the ones for Teen Titans.

And the JLU/the whole Timm-Dini-verse got cancelled for this?

AV Team
AV Team

Re: Comments on Legion of Superheroes designs...

Post by Josh » May 3rd, 2006, 1:35 pm

GeorgeC wrote:First of all, are we certain this show ISN'T called "Superboy AND the Legion of Superheroes?"
At this time, I find the television series only referred to as The Legion of Superheroes. Of course, that can change.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 3rd, 2006, 4:30 pm

Um...Mickey...George was making a subtle point.

Like the way you've been posting so many news stories lately...are we sure the site isn't called "Mickey and Animated News".

Sorry, a bad example as you know I think you've been doing a grand job lately, but that's the way George meant it.

I think. :)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » May 3rd, 2006, 10:20 pm

You know, I really wondered if that's what George meant. Still, since there is a comic called Superboy and the Legion of Superheroes (http://tinyurl.com/ecgwx), I wasn't sure. :)

By the way, "Mickey and Animated-News"? Hmmmm... Has a nice ring to it. *makes note for next staff meeting*

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 6th, 2006, 8:01 pm

Harrdy-ha-harrrr... :roll:

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » May 7th, 2006, 1:36 am

Glad you liked the joke, Ben. :wink:

By the way, a little update for our readers: Actually, I did bring up "Mickey and Animated-News" at the recent Animated-News staff meeting. Unfortunately, the name was met with a 4-1 vote of disapproval. "Ben and Those Other Guys" didn't do too well either.

More on this story at 11. We now return you to the topic, "Comments on Legion of Superheroes designs..."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 7th, 2006, 8:42 am

Ben wrote:Harrdy-ha-harrrr... :roll:
Little Yosemite Sam reference there, for those who caught it!

I still think Ben And Those Other Guys is a good title. Maybe for my next project? Wanna write that one, Mickey? Then again, you're likely to turn in a draft that reads "Mickey And Ben And Those Other Guys"...

Okay...move along now...there's nothing more to see here...back on topic...

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » May 7th, 2006, 2:41 pm

Ben wrote:I still think Ben And Those Other Guys is a good title. Maybe for my next project? Wanna write that one, Mickey? Then again, you're likely to turn in a draft that reads "Mickey And Ben And Those Other Guys"...
Nope.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 7th, 2006, 7:02 pm

Nope you don't wanna write it? Or nope, you would stick to the brief and not call it "Mickey And..."??

Shame...big pay cheque!! ;)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » May 7th, 2006, 8:07 pm

Oh, well, uh, in that case... :D