Dr. Katz!

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Dr. Katz!

Post by ShyViolet » May 7th, 2006, 7:55 pm

I saw on DVD Toons that Dr. Katz is coming to DVD.
:)
(A really cool 'Toon about a psychologist, his wacky patients (all played by well-known comedians) and his slacker 24-year-old son.

The comedians actually do a convincing job of "playing themselves" in a way that's natural and not nearly as annoying as you'd think. REALLY FUNNY SHOW. :P

It was always on right after the Critic (1 am -1:30 am) on Comedy Central (ah...pre-Daily Show days) late at night on the Animation Block. Right before Bob and Margaret.

*sigh*

BTW in the movie Independence Day there's a reference to it: Harvey Firestein is in this car trying to get out of the city and frantically trying to call "Dr. Katz's office." Ha. :)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 7th, 2006, 8:25 pm

Don't know if it's "really cool". Dr Katz is an acquired taste!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Rothlor » January 25th, 2007, 11:33 pm

Dr. Katz was a staple in my viewing diet when it was on the Comedy Channel here in Canada. If they have a DVD set, I would own it. The stuff between his son and the receptionist was pure simple genius. Love that show huge.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 26th, 2007, 1:17 am

There is a DVD set out now--I just saw several today in Barnes and Noble! :D Get'em while they're hot! :P
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!