AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » May 11th, 2006, 10:16 pm

...oh my god thank you ;_;

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » May 11th, 2006, 11:17 pm

Uh, weren't we talking about Mickey?

Oh, wait a minute, this is my first post in this thread. Never mind.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member
Location: I'd rather be way out there beyond this hidden town, Barnaby.

Post by PixarVixen » May 11th, 2006, 11:53 pm

Hahaha. You know, technically, we're still talking about Mickey. After all, he was the star of Runaway Brain. ^__~

~~=oP
[img]http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff356/PixarVixen/sigs/SyndromeOlympictoss.jpg[/img]
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]
[size=75]avatar by Robert Iza[/size]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 12th, 2006, 3:15 am

I watched the short again and Mickey looks so good in 2d. Not saying he can't be in 3d but man, that short looks just beautiful. I like the modern spin on the characters that's still respectful to them and doesn't trash them in favor of being "kewl" (whatever that means) like House of Mouse does. *groans inwardly*

I have to say that with Mickey I'm very prejudiced because the only voice of his that makes sense to me is Walt's. (the last time he did Mickey was Fun and Fancy Free) I think there were another couple of guys who did him too, but I can't remember. However I HATE whoever does his voice now. It sounds so fake to me! I can accept it but it's no substitute for the real thing--Walt Disney.

The new Mickey voice is 1000 times worse than listening to whoever it is that does Kermit's voice now. :roll:

I love Prince and the Pauper but Mickey's voice just makes me cringe....especially "Prince Mickey." :roll:

If you ever get Mickey Mouse volume II check out the footage of Walt performing Mickey's voice! :D
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » May 12th, 2006, 7:53 am

However I HATE whoever does his voice now. It sounds so fake to me!
UGH. Same here.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 12th, 2006, 7:57 am

I also think that whoever does Bugs Bunny's voice in the SpaceJam and Loony Toons: BIA leaves a lot to be desired, but he's not as bad as the Mickey voice. :(

Who Framed Roger Rabbit was Mel Blanc's last performance as Bugs I believe. I think he died shortly after.

Also, in that scene when he's falling through the air with Mickey and Eddie Valiant, (Valiant doesn't have a parachute) I think whoever does Mickey is NOT who does him now in House of Mouse, Runaway Brain, and Prince and the Pauper. Does anyone know who it was?

BTW Meg, thanks much for finding that short! :) :)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 12th, 2006, 8:47 am

Hey Vi... Wayne Allwine WAS Mickey in WFRR!!

For anyone who wants the Runaway Brain short in crisp, clean, surrround sound heaven, check out the Treasures tin, Mickey In Color 2.

Jim MacDonald took over from Walt on Fun And Fancy Free, while Walt only did Mick one more time, for the 1950s Mickey Mouse show intros (you can hear the toll years of smocking have had on his voice too).

Wayne Allwine has done Mickey since the late 1970s, through Mickey's Christmas Carol, Roger Rabbit, Prince And The Pauper, etc... I agree that he can sometimes come over as being "off model" as it were, but sometimes gets it spot on.

Guess it's on how he's directed I suppose. I remember Roy Disney had a thing where they looked at how the voices were being done as they were getting into parodies of themselves.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 12th, 2006, 2:23 pm

Hey Vi... Wayne Allwine WAS Mickey in WFRR!!

For anyone who wants the Runaway Brain short in crisp, clean, surrround sound heaven, check out the Treasures tin, Mickey In Color 2.

Jim MacDonald took over from Walt on Fun And Fancy Free, while Walt only did Mick one more time, for the 1950s Mickey Mouse show intros (you can hear the toll years of smocking have had on his voice too).
Oh well I guess I totally got that one wrong... :wink: :oops:

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Matt » May 12th, 2006, 6:27 pm

Its not the best kids show in the world, looks like it was just thrown together. Compaired to other CG children shows like Rolly Polly Oilie (sp) or The Backyardagins (sp) the CG is rather poor. But my two year old loves the show, and thats what counts. Though he's liked Mickey for months now, he was hooked on House of Mouse, so I got him the Mickey Christmas movies, and some of the Disney treasures.