Mickey Mouse Clubhouse

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse

Post by ShyViolet » May 7th, 2006, 11:09 pm

Mickey's Clubhouse. I haven't watched it though. But it looks....nice. :wink:

http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_hill/ ... /2248.aspx
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member
Location: I'd rather be way out there beyond this hidden town, Barnaby.

Post by PixarVixen » May 7th, 2006, 11:20 pm

Cute! It's about time they did something with Mickey and the gang. I was beginning to think that Disney Channel wasn't showing anything Disney anymore. LOL

~~=oP
[img]http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff356/PixarVixen/sigs/SyndromeOlympictoss.jpg[/img]
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]
[size=75]avatar by Robert Iza[/size]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 8th, 2006, 12:25 am

You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PixarVixen » May 8th, 2006, 12:34 am

LOL Why? :?

~~=oP
[img]http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff356/PixarVixen/sigs/SyndromeOlympictoss.jpg[/img]
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 8th, 2006, 12:38 am

I don't know...I don't HATE it or anything, but Mickey's eyes just look dead. :roll:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » May 8th, 2006, 12:54 am

If by cute you mean really ugly then yes.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PixarVixen » May 8th, 2006, 1:03 am

What's so ugly about it?

~~=oP
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » May 8th, 2006, 8:08 am

Mickey's Clubhouse DOES look a lot better than the other CG Mickey's Disney has done (the best part about the new one is how his ears are always the same). Still, this character was made to be 2-D and will, IMHO, never look as good in CGI.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » May 8th, 2006, 8:49 pm

He looked good in Kingdom Hearts II.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 9th, 2006, 6:00 pm

...and Mickey's Philharmagic...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 9th, 2006, 6:23 pm

I still don't understand it.... :shock:

I keep hearing about how Disney wants to get kids today to be interested in Mickey and the gang again...so they keep trying to think of ways to "update" him....Please!

Why can't they just do what they did in the mid 80's....put the classic shorts back on Disney Channel....for crying out loud, ANY kid can understand those shorts. I watched them from age 3 on, I hardly knew ANY English and I had no problem. I mean the Playhouse is a good idea but at the same time I think it's such a waste...Mickey is a great character and he doesn't need to be sanitized this way.

If you ask me they're WASTING money not showing the shorts. It's a golden opportunity. It's like showing a million adverstisements for Disney merchindise. It's the heart of what makes Disney great. Kids will become attached to the classic characters and will actually want the clothes and toys.

Only some families and of course hard-core collectors are going to spring for the DVD Treasure sets. (plus unless you order on-line they're hard to find.) I just don't understand why they can't show them on television. :(

(Plus episodes of Fraggle Rock would be great too!)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » May 9th, 2006, 8:15 pm

When I was little, I watched a lot of old Disney shorts and WB shorts on T.V. They were sweet.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PixarVixen » May 10th, 2006, 4:06 am

When I was young, I made sure that I watched Disney Afternoon every morning before school. Yeah, I know...Afternoon in the morning...Hahaha.

But anyway, those were the only shows I would watch on the Disney Channel, back when they were on. Now that channel means almost nothing to me. I don't even know if Toon Disney still has all the good shows on it anymore.

~~=oP
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 10th, 2006, 10:04 am

Now that channel means almost nothing to me.
Same here. The only time I've watched them at all in the past year was for the Tick and X-Men on Jet-X. Pretty sad, isn't it?
I don't even know if Toon Disney still has all the good shows on it anymore.
I think the only ones they MIGHT have are Aladdin and Little Mermaid in the "Princess Power Hour." If they even still show that.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 10th, 2006, 12:03 pm

Toon Disney stopped broadcasting here in the UK this part March.

We now have something fairly cool: Disney Cinemagic, which plays all the classic features and rubbish sequels, and live-action Disney flicks. Best thing is in-between the movies, we get the good Disney TV shows (Little Mermaid, Aladdin, Tarzan) and a great many "Classic Toons".

Why only "fair"?? Well, the movies are pan-and-scanned if wider than 1.33:1 (basically up to 1955 material) and there's a big Mickey head in the lower left corner that takes up a lot of space.

BUT...so far I managed to catch up with Freaky Friday, Haunted Mansion and the Homeward Bound pics that I never saw, as well as some of the DTVs that I had been avoiding or only seen parts of (Hunchback, Pocahontas and Cinerella sequels that basically pooh all over the intentions of the originals and in the end became quite traumatic to sit through).