DCOM

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video

What do you think of Disny Channel Original Movies?

They're great!
11%
ummm... ok i guess...
No votes
Some are ok. others are not.
56%
I HATE them!!
33%

Total votes: 9

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

DCOM

Post by animated_guy » May 19th, 2006, 9:49 pm

so what does everyone think of disney channel original movies? i just saw a trailer for "wendy wu:homecoming warrior" and it looks o-kay. not anything EXTRAVAGANT or anything. what do you think about DCOM's?
~a-G :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member
Location: I'd rather be way out there beyond this hidden town, Barnaby.

Post by PixarVixen » May 19th, 2006, 11:53 pm

Uggh. I am SICK TO DEATH of Disney Channel original movies. There's no need for them.

The only one I even cared to glance at was Brink! back in 1998 because Erik von Detten was hot. >P

~~=oP
[img]http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff356/PixarVixen/sigs/SyndromeOlympictoss.jpg[/img]
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]
[size=75]avatar by Robert Iza[/size]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » May 20th, 2006, 11:28 am

Most of them stink - I'll admit there will be one on every once in a while that I can stand, though. But again, 99% of them stink.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 20th, 2006, 12:35 pm

I'm just annoyed that the animated ones are framed for 1.78 widescreen but shown on TV and then released to DVD in cropped 1.33!

BTW, anyone remember "Bad Baby"? It was an early 1990s pickup that Disney showed a few times, with the voices of Jim Belushi and Kathleen Turner.

The IMDB has lamost nothing on it and it's never been seen since, but I remember it being quite funny:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0146457/maindetails

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » May 21st, 2006, 10:01 pm

"High School Musical" is supposed to be really good. I haven't watched it, but maybe I will someday.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by animated_guy » May 21st, 2006, 10:47 pm

High school Musical was good, at tad bit corny once in a while... but other than that, good songs, a good cast, and a good plot. it comes out on dvd in a day now that i think about it...
~a-G :wink:
[img]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e167/gerardo7412/800px-Ratatouille_Trailer.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by animated_guy » June 2nd, 2006, 11:08 pm

has anyone seen the trailers for "wendy wu:homecoming warrior" well the plot sounds okay but the first thing that came into my mind when i saw this was "CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP"
[img]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e167/gerardo7412/800px-Ratatouille_Trailer.jpg[/img]

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 3rd, 2006, 2:52 pm

A bit off topic, but I just saw Confessions Of A Teenage Drama Queen and Mean Girls (don't ask).

Weren't they both the same movie? A young girl (both Lindsay's Lohans) move from the sticks to make friends and enemies in high school, come up against the "cool crowd" of girls and work their magic to a happy ending.

Both were fun in different ways, but I couldn't believe the similarities. BTW, and while I'm owning up to seeing these films, I also caught What A Girl Wants (Amanda Byrnes finds she's a British aristocrat's daughter) and Ella Enchanted recently.

Despite a saggy middle, I found Ella loads of fun and may pick it up on DVD, but why am I enjoying these sweet little movies all of a sudden? Oh, wait, it's probably because all the action movies are all the same and animation seems to currently simply be variations on a theme.

So many films...so little choice!

Anyway, thanks for listening, and now back to our original DCOM programming... :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » June 3rd, 2006, 3:49 pm

Oh, wait, it's probably because all the action movies are all the same and animation seems to currently simply be variations on a theme.
They're not bad enough to make me want to watch crappy teenage girl movies.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » June 4th, 2006, 10:34 pm

I saw "What a Girl Wants". And "Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen". :)

I wanna see "Ella Enchanted" so bad. I've been reading the book lately, plus I love Anne Hathaway. :D
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member
Location: I'd rather be way out there beyond this hidden town, Barnaby.

Post by PixarVixen » June 6th, 2006, 12:43 am

I love Anne, too. She was great in The Princess Diaries.

And I still have yet to see Mean Girls. I love movies in which the unpopular girl gets revenge on the snobby girls. Heeheeheehee.

~~=oP
[img]http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff356/PixarVixen/sigs/SyndromeOlympictoss.jpg[/img]
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]
[size=75]avatar by Robert Iza[/size]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » June 6th, 2006, 7:38 am

And I still have yet to see Mean Girls. I love movies in which the unpopular girl gets revenge on the snobby girls. Heeheeheehee.
I don't like movies like that....Predictable and stereotypical.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Phil » June 6th, 2006, 8:13 am

Meg wrote:I don't like movies like that....Predictable and stereotypical.
That's just 'cause you're popular. :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » June 6th, 2006, 8:14 am

HA! Yeah right!

You're a funny lil' bugger. *pats head*

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by blackcauldron85 » June 6th, 2006, 9:54 am

Back in the early '00s, I'd watch any and all D-Coms. I had a better attention span back in high school. I love "High School Musical", but some are corny, and I'm sure if I watched them now, I'd be entertained, but disappointed...but, some are really good. "Double Teamed" and "Johnny Tsunami" and "Rip Girls" and "Miracle in Lane 2" come to mind as some of the better ones.