Masters of Horror

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
Code Horror

Post by Code Horror » September 22nd, 2006, 11:17 pm

Mickey wrote:
Code Horror wrote:kids aren't terrified people, they don't give a dang about Horror films, profanity, etc.
Some children - and parents/guardians - do not like those things, I assure you.
That's their problem, not yours but look, kids aren't cowards, kids aren't stupid, let them watch whatever they want and who knows, maybe they can be involved in the entertainment business thanks to these sort of films.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » September 22nd, 2006, 11:30 pm

Code Horror wrote:kids aren't cowards, kids aren't stupid, let them watch whatever they want

Doesn't that logic seem a little uneven to you, Code Horror? I realize kids aren't cowards or stupid. But just let them watch whatever they want? If my five year-old nephew wants to see Cannibal Holocaust, should I let him watch it?

Code Horror

Post by Code Horror » September 22nd, 2006, 11:54 pm

Mickey wrote:
Code Horror wrote:kids aren't cowards, kids aren't stupid, let them watch whatever they want

Doesn't that logic seem a little uneven to you, Code Horror? I realize kids aren't cowards or stupid. But just let them watch whatever they want? If my five year-old nephew wants to see Cannibal Holocaust, should I let him watch it?
If your don't get scared, yeah let him see it besides I've heard some dude took his kid to se The Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake and I saw two 10 year old kids watching The Omen, these kids are not the scared, offended sterotypes you think they are but kids today aren't like that.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » September 23rd, 2006, 12:55 pm

Personally I think parents who take their small kids to see those types of movies are stupid. Children don't need to see that kind of stuff, even if they AREN'T scared.

And seriously CH, why do you mouth-off to the mods when they tell you not do or post something? They're the ones running the show, and fighting about it is a bit short-sighted if you really want to stay here.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 23rd, 2006, 2:27 pm

Okay, I'm fed up with this.

I should have deleted the clips at the top of this post, but the truth is...I'M JUST NOT THAT INTERESTED IN THIS GENRE STUFF.

That's why I help run a site called ANIMATED News instead of HORROR MOVIE NEWS.

Code Horror...why not go start that up and leave us happy folk to our fluffly bunnies and singing princesses?

Kids should not be subjected to these types of films, even if they "want" to see them. These types of entertainments are not made for their eyes. I couldn't believe it when I went to see "Constantine" and a family came in with a baby and a two year old kid - how messed up is that kid gonna be in the future!

I've asked you time and again, and now it seems you are affecting our long time readers.

END IT OR MOVE OUT. There will be no further warnings.

Code Horror

Post by Code Horror » September 23rd, 2006, 2:54 pm

Just one more thing to say, a kid won't be messed up after seeing a Horror film, they'll still turn out fine,look at me I've watched New Nigthmare on The Terminator at an early age I turnbed out fine, do you see me on the news killing people? Heck no, the only way a kid will be messed up if it's the parents, they're mostly the influence on their own children. Jesus christ, you people sound like the Parents Television Council but like the PTC, you people crack me up. But yes, kids shouldn't see this stuff but when you say kids would be messed up after seeing Horror films or they would make kids kill people, it'd be a joke like I said kids aren't stupid.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 23rd, 2006, 3:16 pm

Okay. Point said and taken.

Now see ours. And move on.