Thundercats

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » August 1st, 2011, 7:29 pm

Vote Popeye... He's for a strong defense, legalized steroi-- er, "cabbage" use, and doesn't objectify flagpoles! He loves brush handles like Olive Oyle and Taylor Swift!
Eh, the last campaign on the Spinach Party ticket had some setbacks, from the usual influence, and a suspicious deadlock in the Midwest states:
Olive tried the Hillary strategy of running on her own ticket, but...lord, what a surreal fever-dream that was:
As for the 'Cats, hey, what kinda pilot episode was this?--No nude scene for Cheetara, like in the original series! :P

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 11th, 2011, 2:34 pm

I'm lost. As always.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » August 11th, 2011, 11:16 pm

Not quite sure what's your question:

A) George wanted to take one Betty Boop sig and go off on a Popeye tangent, and got his wish,
and
B) ...Well, she DID have one!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Thundercats

Post by gaastra » January 11th, 2020, 10:54 am

CN stealth snuck thundercats roar onto thier app after the HUGE backlash.

OK. Took the hit and watched the first episode. What did I think of the new thundercats? First of all who was this aimed at? It is full of injokes making fun of the 80s show but kids never saw the 80s show so they won't get the jokes and 80s fans hate this show plus it's so kiddie dumb! So who is this show aimed at? They use music and effects from the 80s show also but it just comes across as cringy.

Anyways what did I think? I didn't even make through the first episode! Yes I had to turn it off BEFORE the episode ended it was so awful! Got to lion-o swinging around on a vine making monkey faces sticking his tongue out and yelling every second and could not stand it anymore. Lion was a dumb ditwit moron who screaming every second making ugly faces the full time! Looks like they wanted to do the "kid in adult body" as the joke but they didn't show him as a kid turning into a adult so if you never saw the 80s show (like kids today) you don't get the joke and he just comes across as a dimwit loser.

Tygra is meg from family guy and is there to get annoyed by lion o and get beat up and have things fall on him. Panthro is cyborg from teen titans go! Really he acts just like him! Cheetara sounds like gwen from ben 10 and acts like her. She also looks like a guy! (Seen as one of the most beautiful females in cartoons and they made her look like a guy) snarf acted like a pet in what I saw, jagga went around saying "I'm a ghost! Boooo!" (ugh) and the kids acted like hyper kids.

The jokes were awful and worse the animation was awful! A five year old could make better animation! Plus their faces morf into ugly mutant looking faces every second. Ugh!

Thumbs down. The show can't make up it's mind who it's aimed at, jokes rubix the amazing cube would reject and awful awful awful animation a 5 year old on paint could do better.

Pass.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 11th, 2020, 11:48 am

I didn't even know this was a thing. Googled and saw pics and with what you described... looks like a train wreck. Reminds me of Steven Universe.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » January 11th, 2020, 4:11 pm

gaastra wrote:
January 11th, 2020, 10:54 am
Thumbs down. The show can't make up it's mind who it's aimed at, jokes rubix the amazing cube would reject and awful awful awful animation a 5 year old on paint could do better.
Pass.
Warner owns the 'Cats, and thought "If it worked for Teen Titans Go..."
Because of their old Cartoon Network trauma, you see, that whispers in their ear that they can't do a "serious" DC Heroes series for very long before people will snicker and point and giggle and make Superfriends jokes, so it's safer to beat them to the cutesy deconstruction Millennial-kitsch Brony-jokes first.
And the 'Cats weren't DC, but they were 80's, close enough.

(And Rubik the Amazing Cube had jokes? I don't remember that. :? )

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » January 11th, 2020, 4:31 pm

I didn't say they were GOOD jokes but they blow this shows jokes out of the water!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » January 11th, 2020, 8:48 pm

gaastra wrote:
January 11th, 2020, 10:54 am
CN stealth snuck thundercats roar onto thier app after the HUGE backlash.
If you look up the history since the My Little Thundercats: Swords Are Magic pics were first posted, the "fan backlash" was off the charts since the announcement--Followed by the usual saber-rattling fan-bashing by the director and producer.
Then followed by more than a year of delayed release rumors, that the show was eventually going to air in '19, '20, or even '21, and even causing some fan sites to (wishfully) wonder whether it'd finally been cancelled.

One suspects this show is not premium on CN's radar.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » November 22nd, 2020, 7:39 pm

It's getting reported it just got cancelled.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 23rd, 2020, 1:31 pm

If true, I'm not crushed. Saw one episode and didn't think much of it.