Space Themes Need To Return To Our Own Solar System

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Space Themes Need To Return To Our Own Solar System

Post by Beau Goldly » September 29th, 2006, 2:09 pm

How did the Moon and THIS solar system get removed from the screenplay database? It's as if we need to be light years away from this planet in order for imagination to work. The space shuttle program has become a government "thing" rather than imagination in all its glory. Take a look at how many people actually watch a launch (or return). I remember (yup, that long ago) Armstrong on the moon. Every eye was on the tube.

Nowadays we have to have a Stargate to inspire imagination. Thank goodness for Richard Branson and his Virgin Galactic actually building a Space Base in New Mexico. A Moon Hotel, er, Moon Motel, uh, Lunar Lodge may be a reality. But it really should be a movie.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Now That Stargate SG1 Is Cancelled From Sci-Fi Channel...

Post by Enos Pevey » September 29th, 2006, 2:28 pm

I guess I'm not the only one who agrees.

Now that they have cancelled SG1 I am looking forward to some Space Sci-Fi comic relief. Sci-Fi channel seems to have neglected that area for a while (C'mon, Dr Who is more than worn by now). LunarLodge looks like it should be a winnner and pre-production notes seem to indicate a pretty positive fan base. Stargate Atlantis is ok and Galactica is definitly one of the best dramas out there. But the constant Space themed drama-horror-devastation-destruction shows are getting old.

I am tired of watching BBC comedy reruns from the 70's 80's and 90's.

LunarLodge should fill that void (providing the pilot gets picked up).

Whadda ya think?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by bawpcwpn » September 29th, 2006, 6:19 pm

In movies they always seem to be in deep space. They never fly around Pluto and the Sun and earth. I want to see spaceships fly around earth and then around saturn then zoom out into deeper space.
"But I'm your No. 1 Fan!"
- Buddy a.k.a Syndrome