Hanna-Barbera DVD sets for 2007

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Hanna-Barbera DVD sets for 2007

Post by Randall » October 4th, 2006, 9:22 pm

At his blog, Earl Kress has revealed the tentative plans for H-B sets for 2007. He does stress that these are only under consideration, and that various factors may play a role in whether or not we do see these in 2007, but for now these are the titles we may hope to see:

Birdman and the Galaxy Trio
Space Ghost and Dino Boy
Wait Till Your Father Gets Home (Season 1)
Wally Gator/Touche Turtle/Lippy the Lion (Complete)
Scooby Doo, Where Are You? (Season 3)
The Banana Splits Adventure Hour
Quick Draw McGraw

To me, Quickdraw is an absolute must to get out, as it feels like the third in a trilogy that includes Huckleberry Hound and Yogi Bear. I'd also be quite excited for Space Ghost and even Birdman. Scooby "Season 3"... I wonder if he means the Scrappy shows, which would be more like "Season 6" or thereabouts. I have no big interest in the others, but would probably get them since I haven't seen them before.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 4th, 2006, 9:49 pm

There's a couple that spark my interest, such as the Quick Draw Mcgraw set. Not only is it funny, but I've been waiting for this one for awhile. The other one I'm interested in is Wally Gator, I wasn't a HUGE fan of it at first, but after seeing multiple samplings on Boomerang, I love Wally now :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: Hanna-Barbera DVD sets for 2007

Post by Ben » October 5th, 2006, 7:32 am

RandCanuck wrote:Wait Till Your Father Gets Home (Season 1)
Oooohh! Another great HB theme tune! Love that one.

Rand knows that I'd love to get all of these, but just can't justify it with the amount of other stuff I buy. I'd never get around to watching them!

So far, I only have Hon Kong Phooey from this collection, though Johnny Quest, Penelope Pitstop and Yogi Bear are very tempting.

Any other single season sets? Those might be where I catch up on some of these.