Charlie Brown Specials

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 1st, 2007, 7:41 pm

Are you referring to the announcement for "It's The Easter Beagle, Charlie Brown"? Forgot to post it. Love it! :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 1st, 2007, 8:25 pm

Yes! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » December 1st, 2007, 10:34 pm

And since the Warners are starting out by essentially repackaging the Paramount disks (except for the documentaries), that means we get Easter repackaged with "It's Arbor Day, CB"

(And no cracks about the title, it's one of the funnier specials!) :D

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » December 1st, 2007, 11:24 pm

Yes, the Arbor Day one suprised me when I first saw it. It's pretty good.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » December 2nd, 2007, 3:22 am

What about the fourth one?
The whole world is keeping it secret from me. Or are you referring to the "Christmas Tales" thing?
Last edited by Christian on December 3rd, 2007, 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » December 2nd, 2007, 3:16 pm

Randall wrote:Yes, the Arbor Day one suprised me when I first saw it. It's pretty good.
Sally: "This is my report for school: Arbor Day is the day when all the ships come into the 'Arbor--HAHAHAHA!!.......Yes, ma'am."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 4th, 2007, 3:48 am

Christian wrote:Or are you referring to the "Christmas Tales" thing?
Nope, had a feeling that was of the three. The one I was referring to, was "It's Christmastime Again, Charlie Brown". Its like the 'real' sequel to "A Charlie Christmas", though its been treated pretty badly. Its not all bad, but it doesn't match the heart of the original.

"Hockey stick!" 'nuff said. :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » December 4th, 2007, 4:26 am

Daniel wrote:
Christian wrote:Or are you referring to the "Christmas Tales" thing?
Nope, had a feeling that was of the three. The one I was referring to, was "It's Christmastime Again, Charlie Brown". Its like the 'real' sequel to "A Charlie Christmas", though its been treated pretty badly. Its not all bad, but it doesn't match the heart of the original.

"Hockey stick!" 'nuff said. :(
Like "Be My Valentine", "Christmastime" was around the time the 90's specials were just falling back on just transcripting newspaper-strip story arcs (you can hear the four-panel rhythm in the jokes), without a real Schulz-written original script--
Not that it isn't funny, just that the 70's-80's humor was a little "quirkier" than the innocent 60's specials when they were just starting out.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » December 5th, 2007, 12:59 am

I actually like "It's Christmastime Again, Charlie Brown." I don't think of it as a sequel, just more Peanuts/Christmas material.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » December 5th, 2007, 1:11 am

Charlie Brown: " Would you like to buy a Christmas wreath?"

Girl: "It isn't even Thanksgiving yet!"

CB: "Would you like to buy a Thanksgiving wreath?"
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » February 7th, 2008, 8:15 pm

Great review of Be My Valentine, Charlie Brown, Rand! I'm happy your thoughts on the special and the two bonus eppy's mirror my own. I got it on release date, without owning the previous edition and am very happy with it. And personally, I love the slipcover! The added bump on the pencil outlines make it even more unique. :)

Likewise, good review on A Charlie Brown Valentine! It's not one of favorites of the new era, but I still enjoy it. I only wish Chuck wouldn't have said "little red hair girl" so many times! ;) -- btw, it's airing on ABC this Saturday (2/09) @ 8:00PM.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » February 7th, 2008, 9:18 pm

Thanks, Dan. I can't wait to review the upcoming ones, and look forward to hearing more about the first boxed set!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » February 17th, 2008, 9:24 pm

Ditto, I hope we get news soon...

Oh, and FYI, "It's The Easter Beagle, Charlie Brown" comes out this week! For those interested, Best Buy has it advertised for $14.99. Since I don't have the Paramount disc - have the VHS only - I'll get it. It's a favorite of mine, and I love it when Snoopy looks into the egg. :lol:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » February 17th, 2008, 11:03 pm

Easter Beagle is on its way to me now. You should see a review here soon! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » February 21st, 2008, 1:48 am

Can't wait! :)