Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member
Location: I'd rather be way out there beyond this hidden town, Barnaby.

Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends

Post by PixarVixen » February 18th, 2007, 2:54 am

After 2½ years, the long awaited 1st season of Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends will be released on a 2-DVD set on March 6. The list price is only $19.98! :D

DVD features
- all 13 first season episodes plus the pilot movie
- character commentary
- interstitials
- never before seen footage
- closed captioning

audio
- English: Dolby Surround Stereo 2.0
- Espanol: Dolby Surround Stereo 2.0
- Francais: Dolby Surround Stereo 2.0
- subtitles: English, Francais, Espanol

aspect ratio: Standard [4:3 Full Screen Transfer]
run time: 299 minutes

The character commentary should be a hoot. I can hear Bloo now, commenting on how he managed to get his lines right on the first take. I can then hear Mac correcting him. Haha.

~~=oP
[img]http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff356/PixarVixen/sigs/SyndromeOlympictoss.jpg[/img]
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]
[size=75]avatar by Robert Iza[/size]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » February 18th, 2007, 3:47 am

A fan of Fosters, Vixen? Yeah, me to! :D I love this show. Its perhaps, one of the most clever and original shows ever!

I love Bloo, Coco, Ed, Wilt, Frankie... and the list continues! :P

I'll definetly be picking up the first season, when it comes out!

Btw; I think its funny to mention, you made this thread, the day after, The PowerPuff Girls gets a release date for its first season. Its funny, because they both have the same creator, Craig M! :lol:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Whippet Angel » February 18th, 2007, 11:56 am

FINALLY!!!!! :shock:

love this show..... I've been waiting forever for the DVD's. Hopefully the following seasons won't take too long (most of my favorite episodes are from season 2)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » February 19th, 2007, 1:45 am

You can say that again, Angel!

Yeah, I hope the following seasons, are released soon after. Not too soon, but you know. ;)

Thus far, all the seasons are equally good, IMO. The first season, is just a little less. Everyone was just getting settled, voice wise, (as evident of Bloo's voice. :shrugs:) but other than that, its all good! 8)

It also has one of my favorite episodes, the mall one! :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Whippet Angel » February 19th, 2007, 6:22 pm

Ah, "Store Wars"........ One of my favorites as well ^___^

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » February 19th, 2007, 6:33 pm

Ah, that's the pun title! :P

You to? How cool, Angel!

If memory serves, wasn't that the first episode, after the pilot movie? I think so. But yeah, love "Store Wars". :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PixarVixen » February 20th, 2007, 12:49 am

Correct, Daniel! :) "Store Wars" was the first regular episode.

My favorite episodes are "Berry Scary" (the first one I ever watched), "The Trouble With Scribbles", "Partying Is Such Sweet Soireé", and "Challenge of the Superfriends"...but ohh, they're ALL so good. 8)

Brandon Neeld once told me he saw an episode that featured a small blonde boy with a giant imaginary robot friend. He said this was a nod to Brad Bird and The Iron Giant. Does anybody recall this? Which episode was he talking about? I'm dying to know.

~~=oP
[img]http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff356/PixarVixen/sigs/SyndromeOlympictoss.jpg[/img]
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » February 20th, 2007, 1:54 am

Yes, I knew it. :)

Hmm, that sounds like "Hiccy Burp". Bloo gets the hiccups and when there's going to be a contest or something, he challenges a blonde kid, but with a tiger friend. (I think) So I don't recall a robot? If by chance, that is the episode, I really don't see a nod to the Iron Giant.

Again, I think, I'm thinking of an entirely different episode. So maybe, Angel, can be of some help. If not, tell Brandon, to get over here! :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » February 20th, 2007, 3:05 pm

Personally, I don't see why "Foster's" is so popular. It's not very funny and most of the episodes I've seen are painful to watch. Now "Powerpuff Girls" on the other hand was a stroke of genious (parodying superheroes at the same time it tried to be a serious, yet comedic, superhero show itself) and I'm very happy to hear that it will be coming out in a boxset. Now if only they'd do the same for "Dexter's Laboratory"...
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » February 20th, 2007, 3:32 pm

Because eddy, its original! ;) When you were younger, didn't you have an imaginary friend? Doubt it, but a lot of kids have.

Personally, that's one of the main reason why I like the show. Seeing what happens, after a kid out grows his imaginary friend, and how they adapt to living in fosters.

I won't lie, there are some episodes, that even I can't stand. Perhaps, those were the ones you've seen? That, or maybe, its not your kind of show? Either way, no biggie! ;)

Btw, I completly agree, about The Powerpuff Girls! :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Whippet Angel » February 20th, 2007, 3:54 pm

Eeep, that sounds vaguely familiar, but I can't remember.............
Daniel wrote: he challenges a blonde kid, but with a tiger friend. (I think)
Hmm.... Sounds more like a nod to Bill Watterson :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » February 20th, 2007, 4:27 pm

Ah, well. Time for plan B.

OMG, that's what I was thinking to! :D Its a nod to the comic strip, Calvin and Hobbes.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Whippet Angel » March 5th, 2007, 7:22 pm

Ack, one more day..

Grr...... Sometimes I just can't stand working at a place where we get new releases prior to the release date. I was oogleing over it today, but I can't take it home til tomorrow..... :|

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 6th, 2007, 2:04 am

Aww, sorry to hear that, Angel!

Still, your lucky to have seen it before everyone else, so that has to count for something! :P

Out of curiosity, how's the packaging?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PixarVixen » March 6th, 2007, 8:25 pm

It's here! It's here! It's finally here! The 1st season of the greatest cartoon is on DVD today! :mrgreen:

EPISODES
- "House of Bloo's"
- "Store Wars"
- "The Trouble With Scribbles"
- "Busted"
- "Dinner is Swerved"
- "World Wide Wabbit"
- "Berry Scary"
- "Seeing Red/Phone Home"
- "Who Let The Dogs In?"
- "Adoptcalypse Now"
- "Bloooooo!"

The first disc includes the episode "Store Wars", which you have the option of watching with character commentary.

The second disc has all the fun stuff. For those times when you want random silliness, there are exclusive promos like Coco's Can Can and beatboxing Bloo (my fave). You can view a gallery of friends at Foster's and learn their names, who imagined them, and what they love to do. And don't worry that none of the episodes show the gags during the end credits. There is a reel of them in the extras.

For 2 discs of Foster's fun, $15.92 is nothing to shake a paddle ball at. 8)

~~=oP
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]