Favorite 80's Cartoon?

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Favorite 80's Cartoon?

Post by Daniel » July 22nd, 2019, 2:31 pm

Beverly Hills Teens rings a bell. If anything I see a little "Alvin" influence in it. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » July 22nd, 2019, 3:10 pm

The only cartoons on that list that I don't recall having seen are Visionaries, MoonDreamers and Inhumanoids.

I actually dug Bravestarr more than He-Man, at the time. Galtar and Blackstar were pretty fun, too. Thundarr the Barbarian (not on the list) was probably my favorite of that 'sci-fi/sword & sorcery mashup' genre, though. :mrgreen:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 22nd, 2019, 4:29 pm

Wuzzles!

Hands down for me. Great writing, fun vocals, totally underrated one-off single season perfection. As a companion, the Fluppy Dogs pilot/special is also a must for those fans of the start of the Disney Afternoon style of animated programming.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » July 23rd, 2019, 6:49 pm

Definitely a tie between DuckTales and The Real Ghostbusters.
:wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » July 24th, 2019, 3:13 pm

DuckTales is great, especially that theme song! Woo-oo.

For me, my favorite 80's 'toon would probably be Alvin and the Chipmunks. Though not as "cute" as The Alvin Show, it was a worthy follow-up.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » July 24th, 2019, 9:49 pm

Yeah, how can anyone not love a song that opens with the line: “Life is like a hurricane, here in Duckburg!” lol. :wink:

Yeah, 80s Alvin definitely had some good episodes, particularly the special where they find their real mom. :cry:

I only saw the original Alvin show when they showed the “Christmas don’t be late” special on TV. I thought the different look/feel/voices was kinda strange, but I remember liking it too. :)

(The Simpsons parody: “Melvin and the Squirrels” was hilarious though. “Mel-vin!” :lol: )
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 13th, 2021, 8:36 am

One of my favorite moments in Real Ghostbusters, from the episode “Ragnarock and Roll.” Just so well written and touching.

https://youtu.be/jQ0W3gb_ruE

(A Straczynski episode of course! :) )

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 13th, 2021, 9:34 am

Bump! ;)

I probably said it way back when this thread started, but Wuzzles was underrated, overlooked and sadly forgotten. The Gummis made more of a splash within a year, but the Land of Wuz provided some very nicely animated episodes, and remains a unique Disney property that they could still do something with all these years later, maybe even in…whisper it…CGI…! And I still don’t get why we never got a Bernard And Bianca series!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 13th, 2021, 10:46 am

I think an Oliver one might have been great too! :).