Tick S2 and Pussycats on DVD release schedule

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
GeorgeC

Tick S2 and Pussycats on DVD release schedule

Post by GeorgeC » May 23rd, 2007, 1:28 am

www.theDigitalBits.com , 5/22/2007

"Buena Vista has set the animated The Tick vs. Season Two for release on 5/6 (12 episodes on 2 discs - SRP $34.99 - for the record, the press release notes that "Episode 15 will not be included on this release"), with Darkwing Duck: Volume Two following on 8/7 (27 episodes on 3 discs - SRP $34.99). ....Mickey Mouse Clubhouse: Mickey's Treat (on 8/28).

Finally, Warner Home Video... Our friends over at TVShowsonDVD.com have also learned that the studio will be releasing Josie and the Pussycats: The Complete Series on DVD on 9/18."

Nothing here I'd personally want to get.

The best season of The Tick to get is Season One (minus the Mindy Moleford aka "Tick vs. the Molemen" episode). The episodes with Micky Dolenz as Arthur are by far the best of The Tick episodes.

Big pass on Josie and the Pussycats. It's a limper, even lamer version of Scooby-Doo.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » May 23rd, 2007, 8:12 pm

Yeah, nothing here of interest for me either.

I was never into The Tick, because it just seemed boring. Though, that was years ago, so who knows if I would like it today.

Josie and the Pussycats I watched not too long ago, but I didn't like what I saw. It was, like you said, a lamer version of Scooby Doo. Two of the guys even looked like Fred and Shaggy! The latter having the same Va, correct?

And I hate the girl with the hissing cat. She was just mean (to put it mildy ;)) and they don't even react to her harsh critisism. Like, if she's gonna be that grouchy all the time, why does she even bother hanging out with them? Because of the guys? One of the worst character ever.

What I do remember liking, was the theme song! Oh heck, anytime they sung! That was the most entertaining part, IMO.