Creature Comforts

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Team
AV Team

Creature Comforts

Post by Josh » June 4th, 2007, 12:39 pm

Just wanted to send everyone a reminder that the US version of Creature Comforts will premiere on CBS tonight at 8 et/pt. Collected by Herc at Ain't It Cool News, reviews for the show seem to be mostly positive. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jeroen » June 4th, 2007, 1:27 pm

Oddly enough, I find the US version funnier (from what I've seen) then the UK one, even though I have a love for all British Comedy.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » June 4th, 2007, 2:05 pm

Can't wait!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » June 4th, 2007, 4:03 pm

I can't wait either! Looks cute and real funny.

Hopefully, I'll like it!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by rebelrex » June 6th, 2007, 4:28 pm

haha - that clip looks great. ill need to try to catch the show next time its on! :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » June 7th, 2007, 2:11 am

Well, I saw it.

I thought it was funny, but not that funny. It had it moments, but to me, it seemed to far apart.

An "ok" show, but not for me.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by YCougar » June 8th, 2007, 2:38 am

I liked it - it wasn't packed with funny, but that would have been exhausting. I'll keep my eye on this one, because there were some great things peppered in there and I'd like to see more. Besides, claymation on primetime warms my heart.
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a388/ninja_otter/SKsignature.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » June 10th, 2007, 10:54 pm

As a longtime fan of all things Aardman, I thought Creature Comforts was really good (though I've never seen the british version of the show to compare it to). In particular, when the porcupines came on and one of them said that the other had a fear of needles, I cracked up and my sister gave me a funny look. Really, I have never seen an Aardman production that I didn't enjoy (my personal favorite is the short film Wat's Pig, a great epic story told in about ten minutes) and this is just one more notch in their very distinguished belt.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

HELP SAVE U.S. CREATURE COMFORTS!!!!

Post by Chaya » July 7th, 2007, 5:15 am

Because I had been away from home last week, I had missed my new favorite TV show Creature Comforts; so, naturally I went to see if I could find the latest episode online only to discover that there wasn't a new episode and on the official CC website there's an announcement posted which states that CBS will most likely cancel the show claiming that CC's ratings were poorer than expected. This seems rather odd to me because I know that CC took the #1 spot in the ratings for a scripted program and I think it's pathetic that CBS would be cancelling the show only after airing 3 episodes. If the ratings were as poor as CBS claims them to be, it's not because the show was bad but rather because the marketing and scheduling of the show was horribly managed. If you are a fan of the show, there's alink
on the official CC website that will allow fans of creature comforts to leave feedback for CBS to request that they not cancel the show! HELP SAVE CREATURE COMFORTS!!!!!
"May traditional animation live long and prosper!"

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 8th, 2007, 9:51 am

It's still going to come to DVD! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by YCougar » July 8th, 2007, 8:41 pm

Man, I was so peeved when they took that off the air... logged on and sent a complaint that evening, which I never do! :P

But if it's coming to DVD... now that's something I could get happy about.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » July 9th, 2007, 3:58 am

For once, I'm glad I'm not a fan of something. And no, not because its bad, but because I know I would try to 'save' the show, too. And quite frankly, I've participated in way to many. :P

Anyway, all this is to see the remaining episodes air, yes? Best idea I have, is to suggest moving it to another night. Why? Because its getting killed on Mondays. What with NBC's dating shows (is it 2002 again?) and Fox's encores of Hell's Kitchen, is it any wonder why?

Even though I don't love the show, I feel for the fans, and I really hope their voices are heard. And IF they're able to get it moved to another night (that's what I would hope for) and the ratings increase, than there might even be a chance for a 2nd season. Heck, a 2nd season could be possible, if there's enough outcry just to see the remaining episodes air.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 9th, 2007, 9:52 am

We got a second season here.

Is this not just the UK version redubbed with American accents, or was it animated from scratch?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jeroen » July 9th, 2007, 12:09 pm

Animated from scratch me thinks, dubbing would be really lame.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by YCougar » July 9th, 2007, 12:24 pm

What purpose would there be in redubbing? No, as far as I've been able to find, this is completely new. Though I have been searching Youtube for some of the UK version... it's good stuff, both versions.