The Simpsons

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: The Simpsons

Post by Randall » October 8th, 2019, 8:35 pm

I can't remember what happened to my Homer head. I kept it for a while, but likely threw it out eventually.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 21st, 2019, 9:28 am

Not to keep hammering on the “Simpsons isn’t as good as used to be!” button, (I did watch a little bit of some newer eps lately and was actually entertained), but this is a very, very thought provoking (and detailed) run-down by a gigantic fan who loves the classic era. It’s not a rant, and it’s not snippy either: it’s actually quite balanced and very watchable. Recommend! :)

https://youtu.be/KqFNbCcyFkk

(Love the clip from “Do the Bartman”—which was just so well directed. Not a surprise, considering Brad Bird was at the helm! :) )
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 21st, 2019, 7:59 pm

It was an ok video. Didn't really say much about the last couple of years, though. One prime example is it mentions Barney going from an alcoholic to a coffee drinker. While true, a few seasons later he fell off the wagon and is pretty much like his classic self again. Thankfully.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 30th, 2019, 8:13 pm

Apparently Simps will begin airing on Disney+ on November 12, the day it launches. (In North America and the Netherlands. I assume it’ll be all thirty seasons.)

Funny promo:

https://www.nme.com/news/tv/disney-plus ... er-2562239

:)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 31st, 2019, 3:29 pm

Funny indeed. Marge makes a great Bo. First time I saw it I thought for sure Lisa was Elsa but she is in fact a glacier.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jaldelan » November 1st, 2019, 7:01 am

in the malibu stacy episode marge is trying to convince lisa to settle down about the doll and says "let's settle this with a big bowl of strawberry ice cream," then lisa pulls the doll's string and it says the same thing. why did this piss off marge/change her mind about letting lisa pursue the issue?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 1st, 2019, 2:36 pm

I would say it's because Marge realized she was part of the problem.

Hope you stick around but I foresee a link being added...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 11th, 2019, 2:41 pm

Aha, I knew a link would be added! Called it. ;)

Anyway, some good news. Martin, Sherri and Terri will NOT be retired from the show, Grey DeLisle is taking over their roles. I'm happy. I admire the show for wanting to respect the actors, but it's never fun losing characters...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » November 12th, 2019, 2:48 am

That’s good to know, and definitely makes sense considering the whole Martin issue. Although personally I’ve always preferred Nancy’s performance over Russi’s (not that she didn’t also do a great job, I just felt Nancy was better at bringing out Martin’s obnoxiousness lol) it would just be plain WEIRD to have Martin suddenly sound like Nancy again! :shock:)

Also, here’s another interesting mini-doc (from I guess the mid nineties since they play the Simpsons rendition of “It’s a mad, mad, mad, mad, mad World from “Homer the Vigilante”).

https://youtu.be/-s80afw0KgU

Cool to see Charles Solomon interviewed! (Never realized until now how much he resembles Leonard Maltin. Lol.)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 12th, 2019, 5:01 am

Link removed! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » November 12th, 2019, 6:05 pm

Funny old “Who Shot Mr. Burns?” contest commercial from Fox during summer 1995. Lol. :)

https://youtu.be/aBWeiw3ovH4

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 15th, 2019, 12:41 pm

Ah, the memories. That was one long summer!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » November 15th, 2019, 3:59 pm

So true. And I remember being SO SURE that Smithers did it. Lol. :roll:

“Yeah, Smingers did it!” :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 15th, 2019, 6:45 pm

Ha. Same here. Guess since he was the most obvious choice, and when Burns was having the scuffle in the parking lot I thought I heard him mutter Smithers.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » November 15th, 2019, 8:16 pm

For that ending to work you'd have to ignore all the Simpson DNA evidence. And that would be downright nutty!