The Simpsons

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » February 6th, 2007, 6:24 pm

Espicially the christmas one. It makes perfect sence (for the Simpsons) the town didn't want to continue being mad at them, so they took their stuff. And I liked that particular dish towel ending.
I do have to admit I liked that one too for some reason--even though I think it basically started a trend of "gritty" Simpsons episodes that seemed to end on a downbeat note more so than episodes in other seasons.

Homer: "Hello...jerk. We may never find you, but one thing is for sure...you do exist."

Kent Brockman. "Strong words. Strong, bewildering words."

:lol:

There are eps I like in future seasons too--particularly the one where Homer becomes a genius. :) It has a really sweet ending, if sad. :cry:

Why else would they call it HBO? The B stands for Batman.

So true. And you know what other Batman movie they constantly show?
Batman and Robin! :lol: :roll:

Wow, its about time the pets get some attention. Thanks for the notice, Vi!
No prob Dan! :)

BTW I like how your sig is from Cinderella III! :)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » February 7th, 2007, 7:54 pm

ShyViolet wrote:I do have to admit I liked that one too for some reason--even though I think it basically started a trend of "gritty" Simpsons episodes that seemed to end on a downbeat note more so than episodes in other seasons.
Maybe because, it was a Christmas one? That, and how they spoofed it's a Wonderful Life again. The first, being when Ned almost loses the leftorioum. :lol:

If anything, I felt the Simpsons always ended in a weired way. Not gritty, but in a "huh?" Way. That's how it felt for a few of the episodes, anyway.
ShyViolet wrote:There are eps I like in future seasons too--particularly the one where Homer becomes a genius. :) It has a really sweet ending, if sad. :cry:
Gasp. ;)

Aww, that was a sweet episode. And again, one of my favorites!
ShyViolet wrote:So true. And you know what other Batman movie they constantly show?
Batman and Robin! :lol: :roll:
Eww, me no likey! I prefer my Freeze and Ivy, in cartoon form! :P
ShyViolet wrote:BTW I like how your sig is from Cinderella III! :)
How did you know? :lol: Yeah, I need to get the whole quote, one of these days.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

The Simpsons Season DVDs

Post by ShyViolet » March 27th, 2007, 2:52 am

....is being released on DVD on June 12, 2007, according to amazon. :)

http://www.amazon.com/Simpsons-Complete ... 159&sr=8-1

They also have the cover for th 11th Season! :)

There's no date yet, but I'm guessing around Nov/Dec 2007.

http://www.amazon.com/Simpsons-Complete ... 159&sr=8-1
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jeroen » March 27th, 2007, 6:41 am

I hope those covers are not final, they look so plain

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 30th, 2007, 5:01 am

Did anyone ever get to watch this??

It's soooooo funny!!! :lol:

And a bit weird...:?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 1st, 2007, 2:20 am

You hit the nail on the head, Vi! When I watched that video for the first time, it really was funny, but it was soooo weired seeing them actually do it. :P

Anyway, I'm with Z about the covers. They are kinda plain, but I really hope they keep the focus of the pets for season 10! It just needs more pazaz and it will look better.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jeroen » April 1st, 2007, 7:27 am

So funny :D
I remember dan and harry being on conan and doing some role stuff.
I have a video of that on my pc somewhere

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jeroen » April 1st, 2007, 7:54 am

Here's the third part of the videos you posted Vi

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 2nd, 2007, 2:57 am

Just as funny as the first two. :lol:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 16th, 2007, 5:06 pm

Here's the episode list for season 10;
"Lard of the Dance" - A new student who acts twice her age enrolls at Springfield Elementary. Homer and Bart start a grease selling business.

"The Wizard of Evergreen Terrace" - Homer sets out to become an inventor after Lisa tells him about Thomas Edison.

"Bart the Mother" - Bart accidentally kills a mother bird and decides to care for its eggs. (Fyi, Phil Hartman's last appearance.)

"Treehouse of Horror IX" -
Hell Toupee - A transplant of Snake's hair is mind controlling Homer.

The Terror of Tiny Toon - Bart and Lisa are transported into the TV, on The Itchy and Scratchy Show.

Starship Poopers - Maggie's real father is revealed to be Kang.

"When You Dish upon a Star" - Homer meets some celebrities living in a secluded area of Springfield.

"D'oh-in in the Wind" - Homer becomes a hippie.

"Lisa Gets an A" - Lisa forgets to study for a test and resorts to cheating.

"Homer Simpson in: Kidney Trouble" - Grampa's kidneys explode after holding it in for too long, and as a result he needs a kidney transplant.

"Mayored to the Mob" - Homer becomes Mayor Quimby 's bodyguard.

"Viva Ned Flanders" - Homer takes Ned Flanders to Las Vegas to teach him how to live impulsively.

"Wild Barts Can't Be Broken" - Chief Wiggum places a curfew on all kids, thanks to Homer and his bar buddies.

"Sunday, Cruddy Sunday" - Homer and a busload of Springfield residents go to Miami for the Super Bowl only to find they have phony tickets.

"Homer to the Max" - When a new television character named "Homer Simpson" turns out to be a laughingstock, Homer changes his name to avoid ridicule from the townspeople.

"I'm with Cupid" - Apu has a week of Valentine's Day surprises in store for Manjula, much to the discontent of Homer and his friends.

"Marge Simpson in: Screaming Yellow Honkers" - Marge develops road rage after buying an SUV.

"Make Room for Lisa" - A cellular transmitter is built on the Simpsons' house. Lisa develops stress when she is forced to share a room with Bart.

"Maximum Homerdrive" - Homer becomes a temporary truck driver and discovers the teamsters secret. Meanwhile, Marge and Lisa install a new doorbell.

"Simpsons Bible Stories" - Three stories involving the Simpson family members in biblical situations:

Homer and Marge as Adam and Eve
Milhouse as Moses
Bart as David from David and Goliath

"Mom and Pop Art" - Homer becomes an outsider artist .

"The Old Man and The "C" Student" - After costing Springfield the Olympics, Bart is forced to "volunteer" at the Springfield Retirement Castle. Homer starts his latest get-rich-quick scheme, selling springs.

"Monty Can't Buy Me Love" - Mr. Burns looks for ways to improve his image, by capturing the Loch Ness Monster.

"They Saved Lisa's Brain" - Lisa is the newest member of Mensa.

"Thirty Minutes over Tokyo" - The Simpsons go on a discount family vacation to Japan after they are robbed.
Sadly, this is the season many people consider to be the starting dowfall of the Simpsons, and for the most part, I agree. A little. ;)

Some of the episodes I don't like here, are, "Do'h in the wind", "Homer Simpson in: Kindney Trouble", "Maximum Homerdrive", "Monty Can't Buy Me Love", and "They Saved Lisa's Brain". Their just so blah! :x

Don't get me wrong though, I still like this season. Infact, aside from the episodes I just listed, most of the others I'm very fond of, such as "Lard of The Dance", and "I'm With Cupid" to name a few.

But what about everyone else?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 20th, 2007, 7:26 pm

Totally, Dan. :)

I'm not wild about this season either (and that's putting it mildly) but it IS the Simpsons and like you said, there are a few gems in there.

"Lard of the Dance" is also one of my faves. It's so good it's (almost) worth buying the whole season just to get that ep. :)

WISH so bad they had some of the "famous" or at least newer Simpsons episodes like, say, "Behind the Laughter" on itunes, like they do with SP!! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 22nd, 2007, 7:42 pm

Yeah, "Lard of the Dance" was one of the best of the season!

"Don't be such a Phoebe"

:lol:

So you are going to be getting this? Cool! :) Like we said, this isn't one of the best seasons, but its the Simpsons! Even at their worst, their still 10 times better than most cartoon/sitcoms these days.

But I think the reason why, Simpson fans in general, don't this like this season very much, is because when you look back at past seasons, there were probably 1 or 2 bad episodes a season. By comparison, this season has what, 7, 8? (I didn't list them all before) Huge difference!

Thank goodness they improve later on! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » May 7th, 2007, 3:42 pm

Here's the date, specs, and extras for season 10. Via, TV Shows on DVD:
5/07/2007

Here's the news that Simpsons fans have been waiting for - season 10. The 4-disc set, which contains all 23 episodes from the 10th season, will be released on August 7. The set will be loaded with extras (listed below), and will retail for the suggested price of $49.98 US, or $69.98 CAN.
The Full Frame (1.33:1) video will be accompanied by an English Dolby Digital 5.1 track, and Spanish/French Dolby Surround tracks. There will also be subtitles in English and Spanish.

Commentary tracks include: <snip>

Other Extras include:

A Line from Matt Groening
Deleted Scenes
Deleted Scenes Gallery with optional commentary
Animation Showcase: 5F20 - Lard of the Dance
Animatic/StoryBoard Compare (2 Angles = 7:22/each): 5F20 - Lard of the Dance
Animation Showcase: AABF09 - Homer to the Max
Animatic/StoryBoard Compare (2 Angles = 8:31 each) AABF09 - Homer to the Max
The Simpsons Movie - DVD Sneak Peek
Butterfinger Spot - 500 Easy Pieces
Butterfinger Spot - ABC's
Butterfinger Spot - Bonecracking - Knee Popping Revised
Butterfinger Spot - Bonecracking - Osteoporosis Revised
Butterfinger Spot - Bonecracking - Underwear Revised
Butterfinger Spot - Carnival
Butterfinger Spot - Two Of A Kind - New Packaging
Intel Spot - "Homer's Smarter Brain"
Smith's CC's CHIPS (Australia) - "Hot Foot" - September 1998
Smith's CC's CHIPS (Australia) - "Homer Saw" - September 1998
Smith's CC's CHIPS (Australia) - "Cliff Diver" - September 1998
Smith's CC's CHIPS (Australia) - "Streaker" - September 1998
Sketch Gallery 5 Images
The Crank Calls 5:40
A Glimpse Inside (aka A Bit From the Animators)

Episodes from season 10 include: <snip>

The set will feature the Bart head, with an alternate box also available. Amazon has box art on their site for season 10 which was created by a fan - this is NOT what will be used for the set.

Link to this page:
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=7284
Good amount of bonus features, eh? I'm curious about the "A line from Matt Groening" and espicially the movie preview!

And look, a Bart box! Finally! :) Good, I hated that Amazon cover.

Ps. if you want see what I snipped, check out the link. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by MickeyMousePal » May 9th, 2007, 2:34 pm

I'm also getting The Simpsons season 10 but when season 11 came out it started to go downhill.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » May 9th, 2007, 3:40 pm

Many would argue, that season 10 is when it started going downhill. ;)