The Simpsons

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 27th, 2006, 8:55 pm

The trillian dollar bill episode was classic too. Also it had Homer putting it into a soda machine and the machine rejecting it again and again--eight years before Chicken Little came out! :P :) (J/K)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 28th, 2006, 12:02 am

ShyViolet wrote:The trillian dollar bill episode was classic too. Also it had Homer putting it into a soda machine and the machine rejecting it again and again--eight years before Chicken Little came out! :P :) (J/K)
Omg I completly forgot about that :) I rememeber when I went to go see Chicken Little in theatures I said 'Simpsons did it' like that one South Park episode *classic* Oh and I love your signature! It made me rememeber one of my favorite quotes:

Lisa: Come to Homer's BBBQ, the extra B is BYOBB
Bart: What's that B for
Homer: that's a typo

I think thats it, I didn't cheat and google it :P but I love that line!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 29th, 2006, 6:35 am

Oh and I love your signature!
Thanks. But I have to say that I DID cheat--I used a Simpsons site for that.

:wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

GeorgeC

Oh, this is a GOOD Simpsons spoof of SW!

Post by GeorgeC » October 4th, 2006, 2:28 pm

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/stor ... 100466.asp

Heh! The use of the music was a great choice. The choreography of the fight is dead-on, too.

Too bad I got so bored of recent Simpsons that I skipped watching this on Fox.

Thank you WWW for YouTube and Google Video! :lol:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 6th, 2006, 1:23 am

I loved that Simpson episode. And its sad some fans have stopped watching, they don't know what there missing :). That scene has to be one of my favorites, I just loved how skinner was jumping around, so out of character. But wow! that music and action was so well done. The rest of the epsiode was funny as well, but that was beyond expectations. Woot for Matt Groening keep it up! :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

The Simpsons: Season 9 DVD Discussion

Post by Daniel » October 13th, 2006, 1:22 am

Source:
Tv is Shows on DVD
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=6494
Posted by Gord Lacey 10/11/06
A few weeks ago we broke the news that The Simpsons Season 9 would be released on December 19, and now we have tons of info for fans of the show. The set, which will come in either a Lisa head, or a regular package (sorry, no artwork yet), will retail for $49.98 US, or $69.98 CAN.

The 4 disc set will include all 25 episodes (550 mins) from the ninth season of the show. Specs are familiar to collectors of the series; full frame video (1.33:1), English Dolby Digital 5.1, and French/Spanish Dolby Surround audio tracks, with English and French subtitles.

Other Extras include:
The Simpsons Movie Exclusive Sneak Peak
A Riff from Matt Groening
Deleted Scenes: The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson, Lisa's Sax, Treehouse of Horror VIII, The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons, Lisa The Skeptic, Bart Carny, The Joy of Sect, Das Bus, The Last Temptation of Krust, Dumbbell Indemnity, Lisa The Simpson, This Little Wiggy, Simpson Tide, Girly Edition, Trash of the Titans, & King of the Hill
Season 9 Featurette
Animation Showcase: Principal & The Pauper, Lisa The Simpson Act 1
Illustrated Commentary: All Singing, All Dancing - by Matt Groening, Yeardley Smith, Mike B. Anderson, Pete Michels
Illustrated Commentary: Lost Our Lisa - by Matt Groening, Yeardley Smith, Mike B. Anderson, Pete Michels
Deleted Scenes Intro by: Mike Scully
Deleted Scenes Gallery with optional commentary by: Matt Groening, Mike Scully, Josh Weinstein, David Mirkin, Al Jean, Steve O'Donnell
Promotional Spots: Butterfinger "Alien" May 1998, Butterfinger "Hit a Homer" May 1998, Butterfinger - "Philosophy" July 1998, CC's Chips Australia - "Parachutist" - June 1998, CC's Chips Australia - "Homerdini" - June 1998
Sketch Gallery (10 Images)
Special Language Feature: 4 extra languages in: Polish, Portuguese, German, Japanese

Episodes on the set include:

Disc 1:
The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson
The Principal and the Pauper
Lisa's Sax
Treehouse of Horror VIII
The Cartridge Family
Bart Star

Disc 2:
The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons
Lisa The Skeptic
Realty Bites
Miracle on Evergreen Terrace
All Singing, All Dancing
Bart Carny
The Joy of Sect

Disc 3:
Das Bus
The Last Temptation of Krust
Dumbbell Indemnity
Lisa The Simpson
This Little Wiggy
Simpson Tide
The Trouble With Trillions

Disc 4:
Girly Edition
Trash of the Titans
King of the Hill
Lost Our Lisa
Natural Born Kissers
Hope this is the right section :wink:

As mentioned they released information on the extras and specs for "The Simpsons" season 9. Some sound great :) espicially the sneak peak for the theatrical movie!! :D

I was also wrong, I predicted a Bart box but sadly its a Lisa one :( next time I know it :)

All the episodes that are featured, I love espicially "The City of New York vs Homer Simpson", and I know ShyViolet does as well.
:wink:

On the link I posted they also have a list of audio commentaries. I thought it was a waste quoting it, so if your interested check it out :wink:

Have fun discussing :)
Last edited by Daniel on January 1st, 2007, 7:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 13th, 2006, 7:19 am

All the episodes that are featured, I love espicially "The City of New York vs Homer Simpson", and I know ShyViolet does as well.

Yes I do. :wink: :) This is SO awesome DJ....thanks!

I'm also really jazzed over that sneak preview of the movie! Plus, I always liked that episode "Bart Carny" with the Carnival guys....never really knew why though. It's just extremely bizarre. The whole thing about season 9 is that it's full of stories like that...just very strange stories. :roll:

I think this season also has the first appearance of Gil! One of my fave characters! To see where they got their inspiration for him, watch the Jack Lemmon/Al Pacino/Kevin Spacey movie "Glengarry Glenn Ross" based on David Mamet's play! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » October 13th, 2006, 1:27 pm

Now, when they say "Deleted scenes" from The City of New York vs Homer Simpson, do they mean REALLY deleted scenes, or are they gonna be the ones cut out because of September 11th, and the actual episode on the DVD is going to be edited? Becuase if that's the case, that will suck.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 13th, 2006, 3:19 pm

ShyViolet wrote: This is SO awesome DJ....thanks!
Aww your welcome :wink: I knew you would love the news! Since were both fans :)
ShyViolet wrote: I'm also really jazzed over that sneak preview of the movie! Plus, I always liked that episode "Bart Carny" with the Carnival guys....never really knew why though. It's just extremely bizarre. The whole thing about season 9 is that it's full of stories like that...just very strange stories. :roll:
Ya....lets hope its a REAL sneak peak! :shock: If its one of those teaser trailers I'll scream :P and I to love the carneys! They haven't shown that episode in a long time, so its gonna be newish :D
ShyViolet wrote: I think this season also has the first appearance of Gil! One of my fave characters!
Is it really? :( he's not my favorite, I like him he's just kinda repetitive. "Come on do it for your old pal Gil" than he does his random dance :shock: but he is funny most of the time :wink:

BTW....ShyViolet I almost positive one of Season 18's episodes is titled "Kill Gil" a play on "Kill Bill".

I wonder if its going to be a character development episode. He really needs one, and it might make his character better :) if not, he'll become more depressed than ""oh.....lets say Moe"" <<<<<<< that's from an episode! Know where its from anyone? :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 14th, 2006, 3:31 am

Know where its from anyone?

Yes, I do! :D (being the Simpsons geek that I am :wink: ) It's from that Lord of the Flies episode (forgot the exact name) where Bart's class forms a model UN that crashes on this Island and they build their own society.
It never ends properly, narrator James Earl Jones just says, "And then the children were saved by, oh, let's say, Moe."

Kinda annoying..almost as annoying as that Armin Tanzarian bs they pull in that SAME season! :?

Gil is kinda repetitive...I think he's funnier if you know where they took his character from. :P I still like him tho. :wink:
BTW....ShyViolet I almost positive one of Season 18's episodes is titled "Kill Gil" a play on "Kill Bill".
Wow, the truth is I stopped watching regularly about 5 years ago....I'll have to check it out! :o

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 14th, 2006, 3:26 pm

ShyViolet wrote:
Know where its from anyone?
Yes, I do! :D (being the Simpsons geek that I am :wink: ) It's from that Lord of the Flies episode (forgot the exact name) where Bart's class forms a model UN that crashes on this Island and they build their own society.
It never ends properly, narrator James Earl Jones just says, "And then the children were saved by, oh, let's say, Moe."
:D I knew you would guess it :wink:. The ending always confused me when I was younger, like how did Moe save them? Did he still have that big fan he got in the episode where Homer boxe's? Very confusing when its not suppose to make sence :P
Gil is kinda repetitive...I think he's funnier if you know where they took his character from. :P I still like him tho. :wink:
Maybe that's why :) I'm gonna have to check out the stuff you pointed out, and see if I find Gil more funny.
Wow, the truth is I stopped watching regularly about 5 years ago....I'll have to check it out! :o
:shock: I would've never guessed, what a shame though. You seem to be a big fan, yet you've stopped cold turkey. At least your a classic fan, that's better than nothing :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 15th, 2006, 6:06 am

The reason I stopped is more to do with time contraints and not always knowing when it was on. I did see a few eps here and there, once in a while. I keep meaning to watch it again, but always foreget. :P :wink:

Plus, this was before I got the DVDs. I so wanted them to show the old ones, that I didn't want to see any new ones. But now that I have my faves on DVD, I'm more open to new stuff. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 15th, 2006, 2:00 pm

Oh I see SV :wink: that makes sence :). And yay your open to new stuff

hint: the Halloween special is in a few weeks :lol:

Hopefully we'll have the cover art for this soon, I wanna see how cool it is :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 16th, 2006, 3:05 am

Actually in the pretzel episode of season 8 ("The Twisted World of Marge Simpson") there's a Gil prototype who is voiced by....Jack Lemmon! :) (He sells the business to Marge)
He's also a run-down struggling salesman type guy...it kind of helps you to understand Gil better. :wink:

h
int: the Halloween special is in a few weeks Laughing
Thanks, I'll keep an eye out! :) :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 16th, 2006, 2:03 pm

Oh the pretzel guy! :) I actually liked him better than Gil :shock: but to bad he died at the end.

Yes it does helps me understand Gil, a little more :P

And your gonna keep an eye out, yay! :wink:

EDIT: Wow Vi hasnt posted :? Anyway Tv shows on DVD's got the cover arts up! :P

Here's the regular Lisa box
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=6512

And Lisa's head
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=6514

Since I don't like the head ones I really like the regular one, espicially with 200 on it. Makes it more special :D

And I know Vi loves the regular one :wink: because the heads are so annoying :x