The Simpsons

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 21st, 2007, 1:48 am

Heh, maybe that's what were suppose to assume. The meteor came down, destroyed the new comic book store and Marge got bored of mainting a new gym, thus giving up the place to Comic Book Guy... Eh, its something. :P

Seriously, this is the first time, in a long while, that everything wasn't resolved. And to think, it was written by Matt Selman! :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » November 21st, 2007, 10:28 am

Ino it was a big bust. They could always pull something like in a future episode Comic book guy, storeless stays at the Simpsons house because someone finds him living in the street and pities him. ;) Where have we heard that plot before lol. But I don't think they'd stoop that low. I just think that they ran out of time to tie loose ends. Or maybe someone in production got confused about what they said was a dream and what wasn't? (unlikely)
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Foxtale/almostthere_signature_smaller.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 23rd, 2007, 6:59 pm

Or, maybe they DID tie all loose ends, but they decided otherewise since it helped the eppy? Yeah, very unlikely. But that would be SO cool, if CBG lived with the Simpsons.

Gah, Sunday can't come fast enough! I'm so exited!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » November 26th, 2007, 12:36 am

I guess it'll be a long time until we know what happened to comic book guy now. We didn't see him in this sunday's episode, only Sideshow Bob. I totally forgot about the episode where he gets a wife and son until I saw this episode.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Foxtale/almostthere_signature_smaller.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 26th, 2007, 2:53 am

Ah, that would be "The Italian Bob", an episode from season 17. It wasn't bad, but it felt too rushed, like it should've been a 2 parter. Still awesome, though.

Tonights episode was good! I mean, it did have flaws, like Opal again, (I admit, last weeks made me chuckle) but wow, this was like the best Bob episode since the classic era. The Krusty song a highlight.

Did you catch the episode before or after the new one, Foxtale? :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » November 26th, 2007, 9:57 pm

Yeah I did like this one a lot too but I felt last night's episode was a little rushed as well. (I actually thought of that today when I was driving somewhere lol)
I watched all three episodes yesterday. Well I just saw part of the one after the premiere it but I remember watching that one awhile ago and not being too thrilled.

I like the episodes with side show bob, he is such a great character. I just didn't like "the Italian Bob" episode that much but then again I forgot most of it.

A lot of the newer episodes aren't that bad, it's just they move way too fast. Watching an old episode versus an new episode the pacing of the old ones just seems to fit better in most cases.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 27th, 2007, 11:26 pm

What did you think of "He Loves to Fly and He D'ohs"? (the episode before the premiere) Yeah, "You Kent Always Say What You Want" wasn't that great. (It was the 400th eppy, btw!) Thought the ending was kind of a cop-out (shock!) but eh, loved the first and second act.

Agreed about last nights eppy, title:
"Funeral For a Fiend"
just when Bob is about to do away with Bart, the Simps family come, darn! Really did love seeing Cecil again though, and seeing Bob's mom and dad.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 13th, 2008, 9:50 pm

Like promised, season 10 is on sale again, this time at Circuit City! (1/13-1/19) Actually, all ten are on sale. Seasons 1-6 are $19.99, while seasons 7-10 are $24.99.

Now than, where is season 11!? ;) It would've been released before Xmas, but since the movie took its spot... I wonder when Fox will at least issue an announcement.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » May 17th, 2008, 1:52 pm

So yeah Simpsons Attaraction in Universal Studios, what kind of a ride is it? Anyone have any more links to it other than the one on the news page?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » May 18th, 2008, 1:02 am

I read a great article on it a while back, but I can't seem to remember where I saw it... However, this sheds a little more light on the subject.

In other news, The Simpsons were picked up for another season. I would be glad, but season 19 has left me cold. :( Last weeks eppy could've been SO much better.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » May 18th, 2008, 1:23 am

The show ran out of steam years ago. The movie was great, but I'm happy that they're not rushing to do a sequel. Their stance seems to be that if they have an idea that would merit doing another movie, they'll go for it but we shouldn't hold our breath and I think that's exactly as it should be.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » May 18th, 2008, 1:36 am

My feelings are the show started to go downhill (again) when work started on the movie. Not saying that's the reason for the decline, though, but a funny coincident.

Btw, the season finale for Simps is tomorrow. Hope it leaves on a high note.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » May 19th, 2008, 7:46 pm

Well, I saw the season finale and thought it was FANTASTIC! Definitely one of my favorites from the season. I can't begin to describe how together the episode felt. Gives me a little more hope for season 20. :)

Here's a cool video regarding last weeks episode. Major spoilers if you missed it. (character dies)

:cry:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » May 20th, 2008, 1:42 pm

*spoils it for self*

Oh no, aw, now I have to watch the episode.

I still don't think the newer episodes have the same impact/charm as the older ones, I feel like they are trying to be too conservative in their approach and end up repeating themselves.

But I will have to watch it still.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » May 23rd, 2008, 10:09 pm

I don't think that will help much with this episode, but there was some genuine emotion, albeit most was in the clip.

Going back to The Simpson's ride, has anyone caught the promos? Here it is in case you haven't:

The only difference is the ones circulating around recently state 'now open' at the end. Pretty cool, and nice animation.