Slacker Cats

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Slacker Cats

Post by rebelrex » August 20th, 2007, 1:12 am

I'd heard something about this new series, and peeped the premiere a couple of weeks ago. It's pretty good, and produced by Film Roman, also...

A couple of voices from Family Guy, as well...with Sinbad and Harland Williams...

Here are a couple of clips:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UctPSkur ... ted&search
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xxNiI22 ... ted&search

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » August 20th, 2007, 3:58 am

Hey rebelrex, good to see you back! :)

Correct if I'm wrong, but wasn't this past Monday (8/13) the series premiere? Anyway though, I saw it, and to be blunt, I was a little shocked by it. Its not the kind of show I would've expected from ABC Family. Fox/CN yes, but ABC? Just feels weired.

Ignoring that for moment, I don't mind this kind of humor, since I love stuff like Family Guy and Drawn Together, so I watched the show with an open mind. It didn't do anything for me. The animation is great, the designs cute, but it just felt boring.

That's just my impression from the pilot, though. I'll probably give this another chance.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » August 20th, 2007, 11:41 am

The style looks like it's ripped from Family Guy...

Code Horror

Post by Code Horror » August 20th, 2007, 1:44 pm

Meg wrote:The style looks like it's ripped from Family Guy...
Well ironically enough, somebody from Family Guy is in fact the executive producer of Slacker Cats.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » August 21st, 2007, 12:38 am

Where did you hear that? The only person from Family Guy, is Alex Borstein. (The voice of Lois)

As for the style, I would say the humor is much more ripped then the look. The look is more reminiscent of The Simpsons, which ironically is produced by Film Roman as well.

Code Horror

Post by Code Horror » August 21st, 2007, 2:53 pm

Daniel wrote:Where did you hear that? The only person from Family Guy, is Alex Borstein. (The voice of Lois)

As for the style, I would say the humor is much more ripped then the look. The look is more reminiscent of The Simpsons, which ironically is produced by Film Roman as well.
Let's just say I have my resources anyway, Seth Kearsley was previously a director who worked on Family Guy, he is in fact the executive producer of Slacker Cats.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 21st, 2007, 3:37 pm

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » August 21st, 2007, 4:32 pm

Yup, everything checks out. Code horror was right.

And after checking SK's IMDB page, it seems he only directed 3 episodes from the new era; no wonder he didn't sound familar.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by rebelrex » August 22nd, 2007, 7:06 pm

Daniel wrote:Hey rebelrex, good to see you back! :)

Correct if I'm wrong, but wasn't this past Monday (8/13) the series premiere? ...
Hey D!

Yeah, I've been swamped with work the past few weeks...so much so...I forget what week it actually is!! :lol:

So...yes...you're right...it was 8.13!!

And, I thought I'd heard some stuff about their being an exec. producer from F-guy also. Interesting...

One of the voice cast was on MADtv as well as F-guy, also!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » August 22nd, 2007, 9:42 pm

Ah, that would explain it... ;)