I'm trying to find a name of an old Nickelodeon cartoon...

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

I'm trying to find a name of an old Nickelodeon cartoon...

Post by johnbegayjr » November 14th, 2007, 6:34 am

To all,

I'm trying to find the name of an old Nickelodeon cartoon that ran in the 1980s. What I remember most about it was that the cartoon was based in London, England and featured a detective or some crime-fighting duo or team. I know that there was a rather big character in there but I don't remember the names of any of the characters or of course, the title of the show itself. If this show is familiar or sounds familiar, please post a reply and would like to be able to find out the name to this show. Thanks.

- John :?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 14th, 2007, 7:09 am

Hi, and welcome!

Were these characters animals or humans?

Anything more you can tell us...animation style...possible source?

:)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » November 14th, 2007, 10:57 am

Might it have been Danger Mouse ..? It was the first regular cartoon series broadcast on Nickelodeon (well before there was such a thing as "NickToons"). It was, of course, a 'pre-existing' Cosgrove-Hall cartoon from England. Actually, most of Nickelodeon's content prior to 1990 was 'pre-existing' shows borrowed from Canada, England, and Scandinavia.

If the cartoon in question was Danger Mouse, you're in luck; the complete series is available on DVD. 8)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Yep it was "Danger Mouse"!

Post by johnbegayjr » November 20th, 2007, 7:42 pm

I clicked on the link and recognized the one character from that show I still barely remember 20 years later. Thank you so much for the link. I've been able to find just about every cartoon that I remember from my childhood at this point and even some video on YouTube. Thanks so much for responding!

- John