The Fairly OddParents

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

The Fairly OddParents

Post by Daniel » February 2nd, 2008, 7:55 pm

Before I get started, we actually do have an old thread where this could be discussed, but since it deals with the cancellation of both itself and Danny Phantom and the thread didn't turn out good, I felt this warranted its own new thread.

Anyway, it's finally coming back!! :) I've been seeing commercials non-stop for the season premiere movie, entitled --
Fairly OddBaby.
Hidden because if you haven't seen the commercials and didn't see the Nick preview for '08, it's a pretty huge spoiler.

Thoughts about the movie -
Cosmo and Wanda having a baby... If this were any other show, I would probably being saying; oh god, that's like the 'jump the shark' moment, but the show has already done everything, change - even if it's a baby, might be a good thing. At least I hope.
I'm just so happy one of my favorite shows is coming back, even if the last seasons weren't as great. Hopefully the movie will see a return to the early years. Btw, the premiere date is Febuary 18th @ 8:00PM.

So, any fans?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Otis8 » February 2nd, 2008, 8:09 pm

So exited :mrgreen:

Yeah I heard that it was coming back, but I haven't seen the commercials.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » February 2nd, 2008, 8:14 pm

Well, there's this.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » February 5th, 2008, 10:59 am

We'll I'm totally behind on the news lol. I didn't know they were planning on canceling both show (my two fav new, nicktoons).

Getting off that topic I am not sure what to think of the new surprise. My first thought is also omg they are trying to bring them back to try and "jump the shark." (Like you said before Daniel.)

When I read the title of the next episode/movie thing
I thought that his parents were having another baby. That would add a new spin on it as well. He would have to deal with losing his godparents or hiding them or sharing them or something. This new twist may lead to something good but I am skeptical about it.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Foxtale/almostthere_signature_smaller.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » February 7th, 2008, 3:17 am

Judging by the lack of replies, I'm thinking we're the only fans, so I think we can drop the spoiler tags. Just be warned to be careful from here on out if you're actually trying to avoid any spoilers. :!: (less then two weeks, anywho. ;))

When Nick first *hinted* that a baby would be added to the cast, I had a feeling it was going to be Cosmo and Wanda's -- they showed Cosmo as a baby, like... uh? :P And I thought if they gave Timmy a brother or sister, it wouldn't be too original. I mean, Timmy had already wished to have an older brother in an eppy and in the end didn't even like the fact he was ignored by his parents and that Tootie had a crush on his bro.

Of course, neither senerio wasn't even in the future when it was shown on the TV movie Channel Chasers. But that's being nitpicky, this happens on a lot of shows, like The Simpsons. (Maude was in "Lisa's Wedding", but died in season 11.)

To be honest, I don't think much would've happened if it were Timmy's parents who were having the baby. For instance: in the episode where Timmy turns into a baby, Cosmo and Wanda said something like, it's ok if babies see them, because their so small they wouldn't remember.

But yeah, lets hope for the best! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: The Fairly OddParents

Post by gaastra » February 24th, 2022, 7:35 am

And the boys first wish is not to have his leg healed?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » February 25th, 2022, 3:20 pm

"Fairly Odder", Well, it ain't lying! Looks terrible.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » February 23rd, 2024, 1:35 pm

Another series. Yes the live one got canned. And yes, no timmy and new child again.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/fairl ... 63634&ei=7

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » February 23rd, 2024, 3:36 pm

Footage of it actually leaked a few months ago. I've only seen a clip and the theme. Eh. I'll watch the first episode proper to give it a chance but don't have high hopes.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » February 23rd, 2024, 9:51 pm

When I told my daughter about this news (she was a big fan of the show when she was a child) her response was: "They need to let fairly oddparents die šŸ˜­ theyve already beat the poor thing to death"!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » February 24th, 2024, 2:13 pm

Yeah, I would agree with that. They were already pushing it with the baby, pretty much went off the rails with the dog, and Chloe didn't really help much. The recent live-action series was also a disaster.