Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Freakazoid!

Post by William » April 2nd, 2008, 12:59 am

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Tiny-T ... unced/9301

and

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Freaka ... ement/9300

The Steven Spielberg productions Tiny Toon Adventures and Freakazoid! are coming to DVD in Season 1 sets.

The 4-Disc TTA S1Volume1 will go for US$44.98, while the 2-Disc S1Freakazoid! will go for US$26.99.

Cover art can be found at each article's respective page.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Tiny Toons and Freakazoid comind to DVD July 29

Post by Macaluso » April 2nd, 2008, 1:04 am

FREAKAZOID?!

no way

NOW WAY

this is awesome news

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » April 2nd, 2008, 1:26 am

*jumps up and down* Woohoo! I've been waiting forever to get Tiny Toons on dvd! It's probably the best comedy cartoon WB did in the 90s (the only one that was pretty consistently good at any rate). I might think about Freakazoid, but seriously, only putting the first season out there is a ginormous cop out. There were only twenty-odd episodes of the show to begin with, it could have easily fit in one set.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 2nd, 2008, 2:44 am

LOVED Freakazoid!! :D Ah, Saturday mornings back then! :wink: In fact, just recently I watched the intro again, had to post it:

Yup, back in 1995 the Internet was more or less still considered "nerd territory." :? :roll: :P
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » April 2nd, 2008, 11:45 am

True, but even today getting superpowers from the internet is a funny idea. Speaking of funny ideas, here's the intro to the rarely seen halloween episode of Tiny Toons (which is good, by the way) :

This one was made after the show proper had ended, so we'll have to hope WB actually releases the full series this time (instead of dropping it like Animaniacs).
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 2nd, 2008, 1:55 pm

Almost as good as The Critic actually doing a spoof in real stop-motion! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » April 3rd, 2008, 3:38 am

I'm very pleased to see Tiny Toon Adventures coming to DVD, at last! :D I was in college when the series was originally broadcast .. but I never missed an episode (I still have most of the series in 'taped-off-the-air' VHS cassettes .. which, it seems, can finally be 'retired').

I'm hoping the Christmas & Halloween specials, and the excellent DTV How I Spent My Vacation will also be coming .. either included as bonus extras, or in their own separate DVD releases.

I'd also like to see the Animaniacs TV series completed (there's enough episodes left for at least one more 5-disc set, I think) .. and for its also-excellent DTV 'swan song', Wakko's Wish, to likewise (finally) be released on DVD. I've no clue why WB didn't release WW on DVD the first time around; the format had already been well-established for over a year, at that point .. :?

I'm not asking for too much .. am I? :P

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 3rd, 2008, 6:21 am

Nope, not at all!

I suggested on the front page that good sales for these might see that final Animaniacs make it out there. Indeed, a final set with Wakko's Wish (surely a selling point in itself?) would be great.

I hope the TTA discs include their three respective specials in the right placings chronologically through the run. The animation did get noticeably better as things progressed, especially in How I Spent My Vacation.

Looks like I can join you in moving my VHS tapes to storage in the loft, and hopefully this also means my Vacation LD can have a rest too!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » April 4th, 2008, 5:06 pm

How Neat! I loved watching both Tiny Toons and Freakazoid. I think Tiny Toons (like animaniacs) is going to be one of those shows that when I watch it now I will understand a lot more of the jokes that I didn't get when I was little. I hope they release everything, I loved the Vacation Special. I always watched it when it was on Tv.

Eddievalient- That clip is too cool. I definately don't remember that. ^.^
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Foxtale/almostthere_signature_smaller.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » April 4th, 2008, 11:37 pm

Luckily, my tape of the Vacation movie has never worn out (yet *knock on wood*). It's probably because I usually only watched it during the summer. For quite a few years I'd watch it on the first and last day of summer break (and a few times in between). Then I'd put it away until the next summer. Man, those were the days.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 5th, 2008, 9:40 pm

REALLY REALLY funny freakazoid clip: (cartoon crossover) :P

You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 15th, 2009, 2:01 pm

Season 2 is on the horizon for a April 21st release date. With only 11 episodes, they really could've made one big box set... oh well, nice to see it finish. And that "A look back at the creating the final episode" sounds promising. I hope it's really lengthy and in-depth. Love the cover art!

Still need to get season 1, though. ;)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 18th, 2009, 11:02 am

Interesting. I thought FZ went to more episodes than this. I agree an extra disc in Volume One could have made a great "Complete Series".

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » January 18th, 2009, 11:16 am

Bruce Timm has said that he much preferred Season 2, so I'm really looking forward to seeing the next set come out.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Freakazoid!

Post by Daniel » November 11th, 2020, 4:04 pm

First Animaniacs then Tiny Toons, now Freakazoid is coming back... on Teen Titans Go:

Never know, it could lead to a reboot! I would welcome that.