Sabrina the Complete series- Not Quite Complete?

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Sabrina the Complete series- Not Quite Complete?

Post by Smig » June 7th, 2008, 9:21 pm

I just won one of the copies of SABRINA; THE COMPLETE SERIES form the contest corner. I especially loved the episodes with the GROOVIE GOOLIES and based on my memories I have of this show, it seems there is at least one- maybe two Goolie-based episodes mising.. One of them cenetered around Aunt Hilda punishing Mummy for interferreing with her playing records loudly by turning him into a walking zombie broadcasting radio programs! (I just remember them, I don't explain them)And the other had Reggie actually breaking into Horrible hall and finding a "Family Portrait" Of sabrina with the Goolies..Did anyone else notice this, or are they hidden in there somewhere and somehow I missed them?

Smig

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » June 7th, 2008, 11:45 pm

I have no idea. I was surprised to find Goolies on the set at all, considering that their rights are owned by someone else.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 8th, 2008, 8:52 am

Welcome to our boards Smig, and congrats on winning the disc.

Rand would be the one to ask, but since I doesn't seem to have an answer, I would maybe try looking up episode lists online and see if there are any that don't match what's on the set.

Not being an Archies nut, I wouldn't be able to tell you why a couple of shows were potentially held back, but I wonder if rights were an issue and that they could only negotiate to use the Goolies episodes they have on the set?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » June 8th, 2008, 2:19 pm

Randall wrote:I have no idea. I was surprised to find Goolies on the set at all, considering that their rights are owned by someone else.
Given that they made up about half the existing episodes, it would be rather hard to do the "Entire series" wiithout.

As for the "missing" episodes, TV.com lists one or two more entire seasons, although this may have been under some title-repackagd "Hour" that threw off BCI's episode listing, like Warner's "Superfriends" confusion.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Smig » June 14th, 2008, 8:25 pm

Just to let you all know-I found the cartoons i was thinking of..I had a minor glitch with my player and for some reason it kept skipping over the episode with those two cartoons..The problem was taken care of, So I guess it CAN be called "Complete"

Sorry 'bout that..

Smig