End of Toon Disney

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

End of Toon Disney

Post by ShyViolet » August 7th, 2008, 4:05 pm

You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Goodbye toon disney

Post by gaastra » August 7th, 2008, 6:36 pm

From jerry beck himself.

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/disney/bye-bye-toon-disney

Toon disney will now be an all action network with both animated and live action shows.

Goodbye goof troop and talespin.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » August 7th, 2008, 8:47 pm

Eh. Toon Disney hasn't been very good lately anyway.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 7th, 2008, 10:31 pm

Goodbye goof troop and talespin.
I didn't even realize they were still showing these. Wow...what a disappointment. :(

They're falling into the Cartoon Network syndrome of mixing live-action on a "toon" channel (ugh) which I guess they already were, but for some reason it seems worse now.

I really thought that they'd be trying to get away from that whole "Fox Family/Saban/Jet-X" vibe, and back to classic Disney....
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » August 7th, 2008, 11:57 pm

I've never understood why cable TV channels feel a constant need to 'reinvent' their programming every few years. :roll: It's like they're afraid that if they show too much of 'the same old' programming, that audiences will tune them out, stop watching, or whatever.

Meanwhile, most radio stations thrive on broadcasting 'the same old' programming every day. Some radio stations even broadcast practically the same playlist, in practically the same order, for weeks on end .. and they've no shortage of listeners (or commercial sponsors).

Boomerang is one of my favorite channels, basically because it's simply cartoons, 24/7. Sure, I've seen most of their programs dozens of times .. and I even own several of their series in complete DVD 'boxed sets'; but that's never seemed like a 'downside' to me. Being able to kick back and watch an episode of The Jetsons, or a Pink Panther cartoon, or the recent Justice League series -- at any random time of day -- is pretty darn cool, IMHO .. and assures that Boomerang is basically the 'default' channel on my TV. 8)

Disney could rake in the pay-channel dollars again, if they'd only start a Vault Disney channel .. showing nothing but classic Disney shorts, animated features/series, and their classic (pre-1990's) live-action films and TV shows in constant rotation. You know; basically, what The Disney Channel was during the 1980's. :wink: :idea:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » August 10th, 2008, 12:08 am

I agree, a "Vault Disney" channel would be great. As for XD, it really depends on the quality of what they're showing. It's too bad my niece won't be able to watch Recess anymore, though. I've been trying to get her hooked on that kind of stuff so maybe she'd watch more than just Hannah Montana (who, IMO, has been completely overhyped to a rediculous level that may not be healthy to impressionable young minds).
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » August 10th, 2008, 9:49 am

Now every time someone writes "XD" here, I'm gonna think they're making a smiley face rather than talking about a Disney station...;)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 10th, 2008, 10:26 am

XD

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » August 11th, 2008, 6:53 pm

droosan wrote:I've never understood why cable TV channels feel a constant need to 'reinvent' their programming every few years. :roll: It's like they're afraid that if they show too much of 'the same old' programming, that audiences will tune them out, stop watching, or whatever.
To be fair, I got bored of Cartoon Network showing the same 50 Looney Tunes over and over again and the same 10 or 12 Popeye and 8-10 Betty Boops over and over again.

There's only so much most of us can take of that. Blame it on Broadcast Standards & Practices and the People-in-Charge having no stones whatsoever.

On the other hand, I don't like the fact that CN and Disney Channel have completely abandoned everybody over 30 that grew up on the classics.

There's no venue left for better than 90% of the Disney, WB, and MGM classics. Heck, the other studios get the complete shaft and NOBODY'S seen Mighty Mouse, Heckle and Jeckle, or any of the other TerryToons, Screen Gems, UPA, and Fox cartoons for over 20 years now!

Again, people running the networks are either completely unaware of the rich back-catalog of films the studios have rotting in vaults or just don't think there's value in anything over 20 years old.

The sheer ignorance and stupidity of the situation is what will ultimately destroy many of these films. You almost wish all the copyrights would expire and SOMEBODY could get into the vaults and release these films on public domain DVDs or YouTube ASAP.

All the letter-writing campaigns and Internet polls have not changed a darn thing in better than 10 years for most of these films. It may be sheer ignorance of the existence of most of these films and our lawmakers' ill-advised extension of copyright laws is what dooms the majority of these films to pulpy oblivion...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » August 14th, 2008, 12:14 am

Awwww noooo, I loved watching Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers and etc. I wish we still had all cartoon channels (or mostly) that didn't stink. I wish I had Boomerang since it sounds like its the only thing left like that. :( Thanks for the news. At least I won't be surprised when its gone.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Foxtale/almostthere_signature_smaller.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by UmbrellaFish » August 14th, 2008, 8:00 pm

I knew it was coming, live-action films during the movie hours, Jetix taking up half the schedule. It was a shadow of it's former self anyway, so I'm not crying. "Aaron Stone" sounds interesting anyway, and as a "Gargoyles" fan, I'm praying that it gets some more airtime on this new network.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » August 15th, 2008, 9:09 am

Good points all. Welcome to the forums!
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by CSAD71 » December 18th, 2008, 11:59 pm

Not to Cause waves but im so tired of the boos over Gargoyles not getting Aired on Disney XD. Look at us Darkwing Duck fans we have not seen DARKWING DUCK IN OVER 4 Years on Toon Disney in rotation and then in 2007 when Toon Disney Returns it back, it is only one day in January for 2 Hours.an now it's been over A year, So please count your blessings that Gargoyles (that in my view should of gone off Years Ago) Aired for over 14 Years on TV.

In closing, no offence but I feel your Prayer is in Vain poster whoever you our,cos I didn't get time to catch your name, The Divine One dont Hear Prayers about things like Gargoyles getting aired on Disney XD.

please understand this, The Divine One would perfer you Prayed for your Neighbor to get Assistance for Food and Shelter and to have perfect Peace and Love and Sound Mind,and for this Nations Troubles and Poverty ect. again no offence to you
or anyone else meant.

I just feel this way about this,and learned this from my own faith walk in spirit and heart,love,towards perfection.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Darkblade » December 19th, 2008, 7:55 pm

Why does it feel like ALOT of bad stuff is happening in 2008? Is Disney trying to prove themselfs that they suck more?