Duckman!

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Duckman!

Post by Stego » September 19th, 2008, 10:36 pm

I'm so totally jazzed that this witty series is finally coming to DVD:
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/releases/Du ... s-1-2/7847

I picked it up (physically, not purchased) in the warehouse where i work today and was a bit crushed that i couldn't purchase it yet. In the immortal words of Bugs: "It's the suspense that gets me."
"When cartoonists draw, they should strive to create enduring images. These images are extremely important, and we have to keep growing and getting better." -Charles Schulz

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 21st, 2008, 8:19 pm

How come? It was released this past Tuesday. Unless your warehouse is picky or something. ;)

No joke, I picked up my copy on Friday. I haven't watched it yet, though. Season 3 and 4 are confirmed for DVD, BTW. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Stego » September 22nd, 2008, 8:11 am

Yeah, i realized that not long after posting. Silly me... Thanks for the heads up on the next installment, but i think i'm gonna wait till Spring cuz apparantly they are putting out a "complete series" package.

Since you have the first part, how are the extra features? (assuming you started watching them :) )

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 22nd, 2008, 7:52 pm

Wouldn't know, haven't started those yet. I probably will later today.

As for the complete series set, it's my understanding that it's not going to come housed in a new box, but rather just sealed together. Don't know if that matters to you and that's why you're waiting, but that's the last I've heard. Of course things could change, so I'll keep you posted if I hear anything. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Stego » September 27th, 2008, 2:14 am

pricing was supposedly going to drop a bit...and yeah, i thought that they might repackage them in some way. maybe i won't wait after all...in the meantime, i'll just have to save my $$ a bit cuz i can't really afford it just yet.

thanks in advance for keeping me posted!!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 27th, 2008, 6:43 pm

No problem. But yeah, I keep hearing conflicting rumors about the series set and want something official from possibly TSoD, since I don't believe they've mentioned it yet. Still, I have heard it's going to cheaper, so better to wait and get it regardless... was just pointing out what I said earlier incase you were curious.

BTW, yes, I have started the bonus features. I watched the first three episodes and the first one, "I Duckman", has the only audio commentary. It was entertaining and they do reveal some interesting tidbits, but do be warned it mainly consist of pointless chatting, ie., "great scene/line". Still neat and very much worth listening to.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Darkblade » February 26th, 2009, 11:03 am

I love this show, Duckman is awesome.