King of the Hill is (un)cancelled

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Aaron_03 » March 12th, 2009, 11:34 pm

King of the Hill is always on Adult Swim.....

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » March 17th, 2009, 3:55 pm

*fox's two cents*

Family guy was funny but it is the only thing ever on tv anymore besides house, I swear. The newer episodes aren't as funny. >.<
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Foxtale/almostthere_signature_smaller.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 20th, 2009, 3:57 pm

Did you see the "Family Gay" episode? That was hilarious!

Though yes, not as consistently funny as the earlier episodes... I'm repeating myself. ;)

The Simpsons - while not as great as the classic years, is still not as bad as Family Guy. I often see it reversed, maybe in the funny department, but sometimes even then the jokes are just downright tasteless. There was a recent episode which showed Aqua Man and a man um, attacking a woman. That wasn't funny. It was uncomfortable, pointless and ran on too long. I hate when FG does that. :x Or when they have a genuine moment and follow it up with a horrible clip. One that comes to mind is when Quagmire is being sung to my Barry Manilow, after a weired - yet you could relate - moment, they follow it up with a Looney Tune clip of Foghorn. I didn't find it funny. At all. Though it still isn't as bad as the old Bugs Bunny and Elmer Fudd clip. I can't watch that scene ever when I see the episode. I either look away, change the channel, or avoid the episode completely. Yes, I find it that bad. I still can't forgive them for it. And the crack sound, gah...

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 24th, 2009, 3:36 pm

Perhaps part of the reason I find FG so funny, when they get it right, is because I don't slavishly follow the show?

If it's on and I'm channel hopping, I'm happy to watch and usually find something in there hysterical. But I don't catch every show, so perhaps I'm missing the more lame ones. I do know that this one time, at band camp, I was up at my Mum's and we were eating dinner with nothing much on TV and I saw it was on. I can't remember the episode, but after going on about how funny it was and her agreeing to it being on, it was the most unfunny half hour of animation I've seen!

But when they get it right...they get it so right: sporadically. ;)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: King of the Hill is cancelled

Post by James » March 20th, 2020, 9:38 pm

Mike judge on twitter: https://twitter.com/MikeJudge/status/12 ... 4541881344
ETkq4nOUYAA7jCQ.jpeg
ETkq4nOUYAA7jCQ.jpeg (59.77 KiB) Viewed 6960 times

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 21st, 2020, 12:14 pm

Cute. "Yep. Yep. Huh?? You say something Haaank?" Makes it feel like the characters are still alive.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 21st, 2020, 5:02 pm

I feel so dumb, at first i didn’t get it. Lol. ;) :oops:

But yeah, pretty funny!
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 18th, 2022, 4:04 pm

A revival is in the works from original creators! Although I have some reservations, this is awesome news, I tell you what. :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: King of the Hill is (un)cancelled

Post by Daniel » January 31st, 2023, 3:56 pm

Revival set for Hulu. Ho yeah!