King of the Hill is (un)cancelled

Post by Darkblade » January 6th, 2009, 7:39 pm

Thats right, and the Cleveland show takes it

Get ready because family guy is going to take over tv. :evil:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: King of the Hill is cancelled

Post by eddievalient » January 6th, 2009, 11:54 pm

Darkblade wrote:Get ready because family guy is going to take over tv.
And what, may I ask, is wrong with that? Family Guy is a good, consistently funny show. Not like The Simpsons or South Park, which have both gone seriously downhill the last few years. The Simpsons Movie was excellent, so I know the writers have still got it; that the show is so bad now just shows how lazy they are. But Family Guy never went downhill. It was a little uneven at first, but once they found their groove, they never lost it. I admit I don't watch too regularly, but I can honestly say I've never seen an episode I didn't enjoy on some level and that's more than I can say for most shows.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » January 7th, 2009, 3:30 pm

family guy WAS a good consistently funny show. Now it rarely is funny, and they drag out a joke into a five minute conversation between 2-3 characters. I especially hate what has happened to Stewie, despite the fact that they always intended to have Stewie become gay. He was a lot better when he was this evil genius baby wanting to take over the world and kill Lois. I think the show has gone very downhill since coming back from being canceled.

American Dad is hilarious, and I wish I could watch it more. I however, can't see how they can make a show based on Cleaveland. CLEAVELAND. Of all the characters to make a terrible spinoff for, you go Cleaveland?!

King of the Hill is awesome.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 7th, 2009, 3:35 pm

I used to think that as well, but not anymore. Family Guy started going downhill after the first few episode when the show was resurrected in 2005. It's just so mean-spirited at times. And the way they've changed Stewie, pretty dramatic. Not to mention how they drag out jokes, and do we really need more Peter Vs Chicken fights? Herb!? I still love it, but it doesn't come close to season 2-3.

But yes, having three shows by Seth is too much. I'm still a little bummed King of the Hill got canceled, I tell you what. Great show. Although there is still hope, Fox could renew their contract, unlikely, or ABC could pick it up to coincide with The Goode Family. -- I would be fine with that, as long as it continued. Hill is one of the few shows that has stayed consistent through out the years, something I wish The Simpsons could do better. (though I blame that more on style, then actually being "bad")

As for Cleveland, I'm torn. Making a spin-off on one of the most boring characters seems risky. I hope they can flesh him out more, he certainly would be a change of pace from FG and AD. But... living next to Bears, really!? :?

Edit: Wow, looks like me and Mac are almost on the exact same page. (as in, opinion)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Darkblade » January 7th, 2009, 5:09 pm

Eddievalient- Why is it a problem? Cleveland cans my favorite show and Im ticked about it. Im nothing against Family guy or Seth but I personally think Seth should have just left that idea in his head. I love family guy but however I would rather see a spin-off of either Peter, Stewie, Brain or quagmire.

Daniel- Some of the new episodes of family guy are not bad some of them are like "Random but good" and others are like "<B>[DELETED]</B>!" I dislike American dad because I was wondering if Seth was on something when he thoughted of that. 3 shows of seth is too much...more than I can bear I mean bare.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » January 8th, 2009, 7:48 am

Personally I've never held much of a liking for Family Guy - to me, the style of humor and delivery of the jokes always fall flat or feel awkward, the visuals are uninspired and boring, and the characters have never done anything for me except cause some mild aggravation. The fact that Seth Rogen has not only one, but three animated shows on television is distressing to me because there are so many people out there with more talent and better ideas than him.

I definitely seem to be in the minority on this, but hey, that's just how I see it.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 8th, 2009, 2:09 pm

Meg wrote:Seth Rogen
MacFarlane!

;)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 9th, 2009, 2:48 pm

Language Darkblade. Final warning, and all that. :)

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » January 9th, 2009, 11:02 pm

Guys,

We can all make this place a more pleasant place to visit by watching the language... Please do what Ben suggests and stay away from four-letter words, character assassination, and general potty language. There are better ways to express yourself so that you don't look like you're ignorant or worse.

Another thing, if you're feeling really negative, DON'T SHARE IT WITH THE REST OF US!!! Seriously, I felt bad enough around Christmas time that I stayed away a while. Feel much better now.

Stay away from this site and others for a couple of day until you feel better, then come back.

There's a real vicious cycle online where people often behave and say things they wouldn't in real life. That's pretty nasty if you think about, and most of us are guilty of NOT being on our best behavior at one time or another.

(The things I wish I hadn't typed...!)

I got sick of reading and participating in negative campaign discussions about Disney and dropped out of animation groups for a while. I know other sites that are basically dead right now because tthe administrators had to pull out the big guns and rattle some heads to cool things down. By the time they did that, though, all the people who could have contributed positively had left so it was all too little, too late. That's what the site admins here are trying to avoid.

Look, I can sympathize with some of your positions -- I'm not a big fan of Seth MacFarlane and his shows to be honest --, but I'm not begrudging someone else that enjoys that stufff. There are many things I like that others don't.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 10th, 2009, 5:25 pm

Thanks George. I did get your message to me at the time, but you may have read elsewhere that I'm having computer issues and unable to carry out my usual activities here at the moment. I'm glad I wasn't able to oblige you since I've been very pleased to see you stick around.

As we've often said before, we really like to keep this place as clean as possible from all the things you mentioned, and where things must get a bit "adult" we try and make sure they are intelligent and legitimate comments.

So your acknowledgement - from everyone reading - and continued help with that goal is appreciated as we attempt to keep the AN&V Forum from falling into those traps.

Now then...back on topic...I can't say I ever watched King Of The Hill (the designs did little for me, though I loved the Beavis And Butthead movie), so I can't make an informed opinion on that program. But I have to admit - as my recent front page post confirmed - that Family Guy has slowly grown on me. It's not always successful (I thought the 100 episode special was a very miss and miss affair) but as I understand it the Cleveland character is to get his own show? Is this the one that Brian will be featuring in? I wouldn't have thought those two could quite manage to hold a show themselves.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Viscountesstiara » January 13th, 2009, 11:06 am

I am disappointed that King of the Hill was cancelled, but I'm more upset that they stopped releasing the DVDs. Now I can't even watch the remaining seasons, as FX just reruns the same old shows all the time. BTW, I never liked Family Guy.
Patiently waiting for "The Princess and the Frog."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » January 16th, 2009, 8:39 pm

King of the Hill was a great show that did not have the major decline other series seem to have after being on the air for many years. They stayed pretty true to the original spirit rather than transforming in to ridiculous plot lines like "The Simpsons are going to Antarctica" or "The Simpsons meet Bob Hope" (for example).

ABC has confirmed they will NOT be picking the series up.

http://www.thrfeed.com/2009/01/abc-tca-.html

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 16th, 2009, 10:09 pm

Awe man! :( I really was hoping they would secure the rights, the two shows would've complimented each other greatly... well, hopefully ratings are doing good for King on Adult Swim, there still might be hope of a resurrection -- although King hasn't ended yet, there's still a few new episodes left, of course with no real ending. Kind of ironic since the show has had like 2 fake endings. Lucky proposing and Lucky and Luane getting married. Beautiful swan song, too bad it came back.

Speaking of Bob Hope, in an episode from season 17 of The Simpsons we get to see him up in heaven with Maude. Such a sweet moment. But yeah, I know what you mean. Even when the show changed hands, (KotH) they stayed faithful and the decline was barely noticeable.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » January 17th, 2009, 8:36 am

I like the episode where Bobby is growing roses in his closet and he buys lights from a pot store not realizing it's a pot store. The snipe hunt episode was funny too.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 17th, 2009, 2:25 pm

"The Son Also Roses"! I'm a pun freak. ;) Love that episode.