X-Men: The Animated Series

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Does anybody know where X-men Evolution was animated?

Post by Once Upon A Dream » November 24th, 2008, 9:56 am

Yeah,it's the best X-Men animated series.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Does anybody know where X-men Evolution was animated?

Post by GRUNT » November 27th, 2008, 11:31 am

I know I'm going off topic, but I hope no one minds if I just give a little shout out to Evolution :P

As I mentioned, I'm going through the series again, and I'm just so blown away by how much life there is in this series. Tons of little mannerisms all lovingly given screen time...it really shows, so much more than the current 'Wolverine and the X-men', where characters don't really HAVE character. :(

I'm just feeling so nostalgic at the moment, looking back at Evolution, and comparing with 'Wolverine'. I ask myself if this is the direction tv cartoon series is heading - cheaper stuff with lousier animation and less love. But then, I'll get surprised. A show like Avatar: The Last Airbender will come along. Or even the new Spectacular Spider-Man, and it'll restore my faith in quality animated TV programs.

Spectacular Spider-man is pretty good, but I'd rank Evolution and Avatar (not to mention DC stuff) as fairly higher on the scale of awesomeness. I just hope that sometime soon, we get a new series that's up there with Evolution and Avatar.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

X-Men: The Animated Series coming to DVD!

Post by Rodney » January 23rd, 2009, 6:05 pm

This has got to be at the top of my list of unreleased cartoons. Most of them are under the Disney banner. I can't believe they finally are doing it. Here's hoping to the complete series being released chronologically. Check the news here:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/X-Men- ... nced/11203

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » January 23rd, 2009, 7:54 pm

Holy cow pie! I love love LOVE that show! The first season is still one of my favorite TV storylines of all time. I'll definitely be getting these. Thanks large for the heads up, Rodney!
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » January 23rd, 2009, 9:05 pm

FINALLY.

I'm not that big of a fan, actually, but I'd still be interested in picking these up, and I can't believe it's taken them so long to do a tie-in release with the movies. I suspect that some rights issues had to be resolved first.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Darkblade » January 23rd, 2009, 10:05 pm

Nice find Rodney, About time I hear some news on this to its DVD release date....I loved this show as a kid.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

X-men 90s cartoon comes to dvd---In america!

Post by gaastra » January 24th, 2009, 11:39 am

Disney and marvel made up and we get two boxsets of the 90s x-men cartoon.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/X-Men- ... nced/11203

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 24th, 2009, 4:53 pm

Yah...Rodney's been getting excited about this in our private reviewers' section. No doubt we'll be getting screeners in on these titles and Rodney will be able to give us the full lowdown on content and quality! :)

BTW, merged our two threads on this news into Rodney's comments.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » January 24th, 2009, 5:41 pm

I just hope that this means that more animated Marvel will be coming afterwards, as suggested by the X-Men packaging's reference to it being part of a Marvel collection.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » January 25th, 2009, 11:45 am

Maybe now we'll get full seasons of Spider-Man. I've read an interview with the head producer, John Semper, where he talks about all the restrictions Standards and Practices put on them (some of them ridiculous). That the show turned out well is a testament to his craftsmenship.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Rodney » January 26th, 2009, 11:01 am

Yeah, Disney has been holding on to several Marvel properties. Hopefully they'll eventually release Spider-Man as well. One thing at a time though. Disney famously gets excited about a project and then when things don't go with their excessive expectations they balk on future ones (Gargoyles V. 3, the final volumes of their Disney Afternoon shows..., etc...). In short, don't get your hopes up that they'll release everything.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » January 26th, 2009, 3:51 pm

The first season is 13 episodes, which four cheap disks could cover--and includes Cable, as seen on one the Vol. 2 cover--so it may be that The Tick has finally convinced Disney of boxsets (and not just cheap three-episode movie-leech cash-ins, like "Spidey vs. Venom")...
But that they may also be going the cautious "New Warner" route of not releasing COMPLETE boxsets, and going by Superfriends-style half-boxes, with lower prices to risk.

If so, a lot of persuasion would be needed to keep them going past Season 1 (especially through the disappointingly crappy Season 2 to the canonic uber-cool of Season 3), but even having Season 1 in complete form at least one bootleg disk I can retire.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 26th, 2009, 8:18 pm

Darn...we still need that final Tick volume (with the missing episode that seemingly has had no problem turning up in the UK discs).

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » January 27th, 2009, 3:42 pm

So, did the UK reinstate the Galactus episode, or the Cindy Crawford/Superman vs. Mole Men episode?...

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 27th, 2009, 4:26 pm

I think the answer was in my post above!