Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

CN getting a piece of Live-action

Post by Darkblade » January 31st, 2009, 11:11 pm

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Zach » January 31st, 2009, 11:13 pm

They mise well call it Live Action Network, before it's over with.

It says:
Even with all the live-action development, Cartoon Network is not pulling back on animation. "This does not replace that in any way," Sorcher said. "This is a complement, an expansion."
I don't think it is much of a complement. The channel is meant for cartoons, not live-action material.

This is Animated News article material. :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Rodney » January 31st, 2009, 11:25 pm

Hmm...weird decision for them. I'm sure there's plenty of people at their company that think this is a wise decision. Disney and Nickelodeon both do it. I think they want a piece of the pie. They'll probably later launch a CN-Toon Network (redundant isn't it?).

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Zach » January 31st, 2009, 11:29 pm

Yeah, but Cartoon Network was all about cartoons for a long period of time. But yeah, of course they'll think it was a wise decision.

Yeah, they'll probably end up replacing Boomerang with a live action channel or something. Hey, Disney sure did it with one of their channels. :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » February 1st, 2009, 1:29 am

Well, their LA stuff couldn't possibly be worse than the disney channel. DC used to be great, but now it reeks. What happened?
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Zach » February 1st, 2009, 2:32 pm

Well... Disney Channel has been getting very good ratings. And I'll admit that I'm a Disney Channel fan.

But Disney is going to replace Toon Disney with Disney XD. So I wouldn't be suprised if Cartoon Network ends up replacing Boomerang.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 1st, 2009, 5:26 pm

This has been coming for years. It was in 2002, I think, that we pitched a live-action comedy show to CN, so they were actively looking for such properties as far back as then.