Prep & Landing

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » December 22nd, 2009, 2:15 pm

No, Surfnspy, The Wild is not Disney. It was made in Canada by a group called CORE and Disney only distributed it. That's why there was a fuss when Disney wanted to add it to the official list of "animated classics", because Disney themselves did not produce it. Supervised, maybe, but that's not the same. The point I was trying to make is that while Eisner may have been a control freak, at least Disney had standards while he was in charge and after he left, they seemed to have no standards. This is changing, thankfully, but they have a lot to make up for.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » December 22nd, 2009, 6:34 pm

The problem with that logic, Eddie, is that most of those projects were probably still greenlit by Eisner, even though he left the company before they were released (as was noted in a previous post). Heck, even the stuff that most people generally seemed to like, such as the "Pirates of the Caribbean" sequels, were still also "Eisner projects" at the end of the day, regardless of how much he may or may not have supervised them.

Honestly, I don't know enough about the subject to know when the Eisner era "ends" and when the "John Lasseter" era "begins." But PatF at least at nothing whatsoever to do with him (Eisner), at least from my understanding.

As for "The Wild," I'll say nothing negative about it here, since the director has been known to show up here from time to time. ;)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by surfnspy » December 22nd, 2009, 6:50 pm

Don't tell me how The Wild was made.

I produced it and was the executive on it at Disney.

I bought the pitch.
I developed the screenplay.
I hired the director.
I hired The Core.

So no, you don't know what you're talking about.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » December 22nd, 2009, 11:44 pm

surfnspy wrote:I produced it and was the executive on it at Disney.
If that's true, than answer me something: The Wild and Madagascar are awfully similar. Who had the story idea first?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » December 23rd, 2009, 12:06 am

I think that has been discussed ad nauseam here.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 23rd, 2009, 6:41 am

I was just waiting for surfnspy to come back with that. :)

Eddie, it is true...please don't push it.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by surfnspy » December 23rd, 2009, 3:03 pm

If you've been following along these past few years, you'd know the answer.

I'm tired of talking about it.