Total Drama World Tour

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » November 30th, 2009, 2:01 pm

:arrow: Coming this Thursday: the season finale of Total Drama Action ..

DUNCAN vs BETH

in .. "Mutiny On The Soundstage"

As with the TDI finale, we can expect to see the whole Total Drama cast return to cheer these two on .. as they battle in a 'pirate movie'-themed challenge for One Million Dollars!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » December 5th, 2009, 11:23 am

:!: Just a note that Cartoon Network will air the entire Total Drama Action series (minus the TDA: Aftermath episodes) in an all-day marathon tomorrow (Sunday, December 6th) .. 8)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » December 7th, 2009, 2:35 pm

It seems the 'seaon finale' of Total Drama Action ended in a tie .. prompting the need for a second 'season finale' this Thursday.

Meanwhile, Cartoon Network (and, presumably, Teletoon, as well) is encouraging viewers to vote for who they want to see win. :shock:

As I'd mentioned in (a 'hidden' portion of) an earlier post, Total Drama Island had two different fully-animated outcomes for its season finale; most countries saw one winner, while some others saw a different result .. and a few South American markets even aired both endings.

So it is possible that viewer voting could actually affect who wins! :idea:

Even though the 'tie' is pure 'ratings stuntery' (as is also the case, of course, with most live-action reality shows), I did enjoy the fact that Duncan's physical superiority -- which led him to an early lead -- actually became a bit of a drawback in the latter half of the challenge, where Beth's penchant for gossip and trivia allowed her to catch up. 8)

The subplot involving Chef's desire to leave the show was also well-handled -- and even a tiny bit worrisome, given that Chef had much less of a speaking role in some of the latter episodes of TDA.

I'm guessing something major will happen between Geoff and Bridgette in the 'final finale' -- since she will be a competitor in Total Drama: the Musical, while Geoff won't .. :idea:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » December 11th, 2009, 2:41 am

TDA: Aftermath IV .. 21 minutes of 'stalling', followed by 1 minute which revealed the winner; as (apparently) voted-for by the fans! The winner was ..

DUNCAN..! :o .. who, in my observation, definitely has a more 'vocal' fandom than Beth.

I had been convinced that Beth would be the ultimate winner, since she does not appear in the promo for Total Drama: The Musical, while Duncan does (albeit in just one shot). However, it's possible that Duncan was 'planted' in that promo, precisely to give that impression. :twisted:

It was nice to see that Courtney and Duncan have apparently made-up .. and that Beth was finally able to prove that her 'boyfriend' really does exist! :)
Cartoon Network and Teletoon are making the alternate ending scene available online, so that fans of the losing character can see how things would have turned out, had the voting gone their way.

All-in-all, Total Drama Action was an enjoyable and worthy follow-up series for Total Drama Island. Here's hoping Total Drama: The Musical will be just as fun! :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Total Drama World Tour

Post by droosan » March 11th, 2010, 6:58 am

Fresh TV has just announced that season 3 of Total Drama Island has been retitled, from Total Drama: The Musical to Total Drama World Tour.

re-titling: it's not just for Disney, anymore! :lol:

No word yet on a premiere date for this third series .. nor whether there may be a 'special' episode which would tie-up the loose ends of Total Drama Action while laying the groundwork for Total Drama World Tour (as was the case for TDI/TDA with the Total Drama, Drama, Drama, Drama Island special)

----------

:arrow: I decided to post this as a new thread, mostly because the existing Total Drama thread (in which I'd used 'hidden text' to conceal a fair amount of spoilers and speculation) has 'unhidden' all that information, and this apparently cannot be edited with the new forum software. :| This thread is mostly intended to be for discussion of the third season of the series, anyway .. so, I'd prefer it to exist separately.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Total Drama World Tour

Post by droosan » March 11th, 2010, 7:06 am

As a recap, here is the promo created for Total Drama season 3:

Looks like several campers from season 1 will be back, along with a couple of new contestants whom we've yet to meet.

Even with the title change, I'm sure the 'musical' element will still be part of the challenges.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » March 12th, 2010, 3:59 am

Here's a peek at 'model poses' for the two new characters:

.. hunky schemer Alejandro, and hyper TDI/TDA 'fangirl' Sierra (who, it seems, has a major crush on Cody).

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » March 30th, 2010, 4:30 am

The special 'bridge' episode between Total Drama Action and Total Drama World Tour will air on Cartoon Network next week: Tuesday, April 6th at 8:00 PM ..!

.. strangely, this episode has not yet been scheduled for Teletoon; which means Canadian audiences will probably not see the episode until after it has aired in the U.S.

If the special between TDI and TDA can be any guide, this Reunion Special will set-up the 'situation' and form the teams for the third season. There may also be a kooky challenge involving all the cast members (past and present).
I predict something drastic will happen between Geoff and Bridgette -- since she will be a contestant in TDWT, whereas Geoff will not. Likewise for Duncan & Courtney.

I also wanna see whether Harold continues to distrust Owen over his role as a 'mole' in the final rounds of TDA (although, several subplots of that sort have gone 'forgotten' on this show).
It's gonna be Totally Dramatic..! :mrgreen:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 5th, 2010, 11:30 pm

That's tomorrow, wow, talk about fast! Just DVR'D it, thanks for the news Droo. I don't really watch CN anymore, outside of Adult Swim, so would've never known... Well, probably when it was too late. ;)

Can't wait for the special, ditto the new season. Since its been retitled, I guess we'll never hear Chris officially say "The Musical!" (repeatedly!) Darn, would've been funny. Definitely intrigued by the new camper Alejandro. He looks like what they tried to make Justin be last season... hopefully with better results.

On a side note, as I've been typing this, I couldn't help but smile everytime I saw Lindsay appear on your siggy. That kooky girl. Glad she's coming back. "Are you Tyler?"

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » April 6th, 2010, 10:29 am

Celebrity Manhunt's Total Drama Reunion airs tonight at 8:00 PM, on Cartoon Network! Here's the promo:

Looks like Heather's got herself a 'Gwen' wig! :mrgreen:

I think Celebrity Manhunt is supposed to be a 'rival' reality show (which would explain that other host).

but .. "Spring Break oh-ten..?" :|

------------

Yes, looks like Alejandro will be a fusion of Justin and Duncan -- he's definitely gonna take over the 'bad boy' role on the show.

I'm (obviously) glad to see Lindsay back, too. :) From the TD:M promo above, it looks like Lindsay and Bridgette might be the 'BFF's, this season. Here's hoping that Bridgette's 'laid-back' attitude would keep that friendship from becoming a 'Katie & Sadie' clone (as the Lindsay/Beth pairing often did).

Speaking of Tyler .. looks like he'll be back on TDWT, too. Lindsay had even forgotten his name by the end of TDA, so I guess we'll see if there's anything still 'there' ..

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 6th, 2010, 8:34 pm

Great promo, seeing Gwen beat up Heather is all kinds of awesomeness. She's actually a little cute wearing the Gwen wig... maybe just me. ;)

Katie & Sadie puppets, too funny!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Otis8 » April 6th, 2010, 8:38 pm

Any repeats? Totally didn't know. Cool to see Cody again I'm rooting for him!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 6th, 2010, 8:59 pm

Not anytime soon, though I'm sure they'll repeat it again. Maybe around the time World Tour premiers, which if the past two seasons are any indication might be around June. CN online will probably get it, too.

I'm personally rooting for Heather. (yes, I know, shame on me. ;)) Just love her snobby attitude. "Who cares about friends? In this world there are shepherds and there are sheep, and Lindsay is a major sheep. Baaa..." not one of the best examples, but one of my favorites!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » April 7th, 2010, 7:01 pm

Izzy's movie posters were awesome. And the four titles she parodies too. Excellent.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » April 8th, 2010, 6:17 pm

Yep; looks like June for the TDWT season premiere ..

And, hopefully, the 'Reunion Special' will be re-aired, sometime between now and then .. but, as of this moment, it's not listed anywhere on Cartoon Network's upcoming schedule. :? The special also has yet to be scheduled at all for Teletoon, so Canada hasn't had a chance to see it, yet. This marks a rare occasion where the U.S. has seen an episode of the show first.

-----------------

I thoroughly enjoyed the Reunion Special .. it was different than I'd expected, but in a good way. :)

Much 'spoilage' hidden here, so beware:
Unlike the special between TDI/TDA (which took place mere 'moments' after the end of the first season), Celebrity Manhunt's Total Drama Action Reunion is set some months after the Total Drama Action finale .. enough time for Heather to finally re-grow a full head of hair, anyway. :mrgreen:

Most of the cast's exploits were pretty fun .. but I had to agree with Chris' assessment when they finally convened at the Gemmie Awards: "You guys have changed, man." Fortunately, the last 15 minutes pretty much brings all the characters back to their 'normal' vibe.

Celebrity Manhunt turns out to be another Entertainment Tonight-styled 'magazine' TV show .. similar to what Geoff and Bridgette were doing with TDA: Aftermath. I'm guessing that Celebrity Manhunt will also figure into the third season; probably by filling the role which TDA: Aftermath played in the second season (conducting 'exit interviews' with ejected contestants .. and dishing the 'behind the scenes' dirt). Josh and Blaineley certainly seem better-suited to this than Geoff and Bridgette were.

I really liked Sierra; wasn't sure I was going to .. but the way she was sort-of snuck into a lot of the Celebrity Manhunt stories (followed by the 'reveal' that she was the secret source of most of those same stories) was brilliantly done. Her fruitless attempts to gather more dirt on the red carpet were actually kind of endearing. But the fact that she was the catalyst behind getting the cast's 'mojo' back sealed the deal: she's one of them, now. Alejandro didn't have quite as full a role to play in the special, but I liked what I saw of him.

In the Total Drama, Drama, Drama, Drama Island special, the team members for Total Drama Action were decided by a competition. Here, the characters whom the series creators determined weren't gonna be used for the third season simply walked away. Brilliant! :lol:

-----------------

Duncan actually made it onto the show! However, I'm betting he'll be one of the first booted off the third season, since A) he was the winner of TDA, B) Alejandro seems to be 'primed' for the bad-boy role, and C) He's most likely to refuse to sing, when that time comes.

However -- there is that whole 'Duncan-Courtney-Gwen' triangle thing, which they went to a lot of trouble to set-up ..

I, too, enjoyed Izzy's movie poster parodies .. but her Mission: Impossible-styled infiltration of the Gemmie Awards theater was even funnier! :)

How the heck could Beth and Lindsay afford a trip to Paris, if Duncan was the 'real' winner of TDA..?! The implication here is that both 'endings' were correct. :? Loved Lindsay's mugshot, though. She's so unhappy: :(

Harold's 'Ali G' impersonation, and the whole 'Drama Brothers' subplot, was kinda fun. It's a shame that Trent won't be on the third season, though .. since he is one of the few cast members who has actually been shown to have a penchant for song.

LeShawna's misadventures with Tyler had left me scratching my head. But the gags toward the end involving her bra were just sheeeer hilarity!! :mrgreen:
Definitely looking forward to Total Drama World Tour..! :D

Meanwhile, Cake Entertainment has published this informative 4-page ad slick for the third season. 8)