Sym-Bionic Titan

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Sym-Bionic Titan

Post by EricJ » November 25th, 2010, 12:32 pm

droosan wrote::| .. wasn't it you who could speak no ill of Genndy Tartakovsky in The Secret of Kells thread, EricJ..?
(Definitely NOT.) :?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » November 27th, 2010, 7:14 am

Well; okay, then.Image

------------------------------

Next week's episode of Sym-Bionic Titan ("Fortress of Deception") is being touted in CN promos as the 'season finale'. :shock:

Since this will only be episode 11 of what had initially been announced as a 20-episode series, this is a bit of a surprise.

Hopefully, this is a situation similar to what happened with The Venture Brothers, earlier this year .. and we'll see the series resume, after a brief hiatus.

-------------------------------

:arrow: In slightly happier S-BT news, Cartoon Network has just posted last week's episode, "Lessons in Love", for streaming via the CN website (it should be viewable there through at least December 3rd). I highly-recommend it as the finest episode yet, in the series. 8)

An aside to GeorgeC: If you check out the clips "Combat Training" and "Manus vs Manus" from the playlist below the episode window, you'll see the series' enjoyable homages to Gunbuster. :mrgreen:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » February 2nd, 2011, 9:07 pm

Short notice .. but Sym-Bionic Titan resumes its first season tonight :!:

New episodes will now premiere @ 7:00 PM EST/PST on Wednesdays (instead of Fridays), and will be 're-run' a few times throughout the week. When a new episode premieres, the previous episode is usually made available for streaming on the Cartoon Network website.

Form TITAN..! :mrgreen:

:arrow: CORRECTION: According to CN promos, the new Wednesday shows are considered the 'second season' of S-BT .. so, it appears that season one did end with the eleventh episode.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » February 8th, 2011, 11:33 pm

Another quick 'heads-up' for fans of this show:

:arrow: Sym-Bionic Titan episode 13 ("Demon Within") will only be aired once this week -- tomorrow night (Wednesday, Feb 9th) at 7:00 PM EST/PST. There is no re-broadcast scheduled for the weekend. I'm not really sure why. :?

So -- if you wanna 'DVR' or otherwise catch the newest episode on TV -- that'll be the lone opportunity, until the 're-runs' come along this spring.

Of course .. this episode should also become available on CN's website for streaming, sometime around February 16th.

-------------------

Next week's February 16th episode ("I Am Octus") does have one re-broadcast scheduled: for Saturday morning, February 19th @ 9:30 AM EST/PST.

Still .. this situation is kinda frustrating, considering that stuff like Johnny Test airs multiple episodes on CN every day of the week. :?

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » February 17th, 2011, 5:21 pm

I've been kinda tempted to check this show out, but having not seen any episodes so far, I'm guessing I'd be kinda lost if I started watching it now. Guess I'll rent it on DVD someday. ;)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Darkblade » March 18th, 2011, 8:11 pm

I heard that genndy wants to go beyond 20 episodes.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » March 19th, 2011, 4:42 am

Hopefully, we'll find out for sure via Cartoon Network's Upfront event next week (which is basically a press conference where they'll announce new projects, renewed series, etc).

I also hope to see the series continue -- especially since Mr. Tartakovsky's desire to go beyond 20 episodes would seem to indicate that the current season may not come to a 'definite' conclusion. :o

------------------------

The 'second season' (which, as I'd noted earlier, is technically still part of the originally-announced 20-episode first season) has, thus far, been plagued by early re-runs and inconsistent secondary air-times. The online streaming of previous episodes is still made available, but not with the efficient regularity they'd had last year. I can't imagine that this situation has improved S-BT's viewership ratings. :?

With that said .. the series' storytelling & animation is still 'top-notch', and has been greatly-rewarding to those of us who have been following the show. :)

------------------------

This week's online streaming episode -- "Escape from Gallaluna" -- is effectively 'episode zero', since it chronicles the day which precedes the first episode of the series .. showing us how Ilana, Lance and Octus first met -- in addition to an awe-inspiring alien fleet invasion and an incredible 'Errol Flynn-esque' sword-fight! :mrgreen: We also get to see Ilana's previous bodyguard .. who is a thinly-disguised tribute to the most famous animated bodyguard. :mrgreen:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » March 19th, 2011, 2:12 pm

:arrow: Late-breaking Sym-Bionic Titan news .. :!:

Starting next week, S-BT premieres will be moved to
Saturdays @ 9:30 AM EDT/PDT

Most troublingly of all, there will be no re-broadcasts of any episodes on CN during the week. None. :?

Presumably, the episodes will still make their way into the online streaming queue.

------------------

I would say that this does not augur well for the show continuing into a 'third' season. :|

But there has been no official announcement on that subject, just yet. So, I'll remain hopeful.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » March 23rd, 2011, 7:09 pm

Sym-Bionic Titan was not mentioned at all in today's Cartoon Network 'Up Front' event.

In this case, no news is likely bad news. :(

CN has not announced that S-BT is 'cancelled' .. but they haven't placed it on their 'renewed' list, either.

There is also a second 'Up Front' event scheduled for later this month. I'm not really sure why they split it into two events, this year. But there is a slim hope that something 'concrete' could be mentioned with regard to S-BT, there.

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » March 24th, 2011, 12:17 am

Well, Batman: The Brave and Bold wasn't executed... It's part of the new synergy between DC Comics/WB and Cartoon Network.

They're talking a total of 65 episodes for the series before it's done. Superman and Wonder Woman are still to come... I think most of the remainder of the episodes have been recorded but the bulk of Season 3 (the final 13 episodes) hasn't been finished yet.

But for the Grace of Smurf, this series wasn't cancelled by the sons-of-smurfs at Cartoon Network.

Again, I ask... What the smurf are they thinking when they make schedules and cancel good smurfs in favor of smurf that isn't fit to be released on smurf!

Sorry about Sym-Bionic Titan, by the smurf. It was smurfed out well before the smurf could be smurfed!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » March 24th, 2011, 1:02 am

All this smurfing is getting smurfing ridiculous.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » March 24th, 2011, 1:21 pm

Nope; it's now pretty much official. Three more episodes, and Sym-Bionic Titan is done.

According to TAGblog:
Sym-Bionic Titan, Genndy Tartakovsky's adventure show that premiered last Fall, is wrapping up its last episodes. As a Cartoon Networker told me:

"Genddy's moved on to Sony Pictures Animation. Titan got competitive ratings with other action shows, but what shut it down was it didn't have enough toys connected to it. If you don't have the, the studios don't want to renew for another season."

I'm looking forward to seeing what Mr. Tartakovsky creates at Sony. Here's hoping the rest of the S-BT design staff can land on their feet in other projects, soon.

And I'm more than a bit disappointed in CN's shabby treatment of an excellent show. :cry:

GeorgeC

Re:

Post by GeorgeC » March 24th, 2011, 3:57 pm

Randall wrote:All this smurfing is getting smurfing ridiculous.

Yeah, I'm getting tired of the smurf, too. I was just seeing how long I could smurf around before I got tired of smurfing altogether!

Instead, I'm posting Star Wars images from a joke site!

P.S. -- With all sincerity, sorry for your loss, Droo. I know how it feels to have an entertaining show cancelled before its time. The Lords of CN can be cruel toon-masters at times.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 26th, 2011, 10:26 am

See some other posts for friendly words of "advice" on curbing the smurfing and Star Wars references all the time, George.

No more smurfing/keep SW stuff to the SW thread. Or with my ever-so-more limited time online it's just going to start getting deleted as opposed to merged/sorted appropriately.

Ooh...get me! I'm grumpy! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ELIOLI » March 26th, 2011, 10:37 am

When I heard this news...
I was dissapointed..
You can see my short reply on cartoonbrew of my thoughts.
If anyone would like to know,We go by the name Some Girl and we actually speak more on there than here. Don't know why. :|
http://www.elioliart.com/