Wonder Showzen

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Wonder Showzen

Post by ShyViolet » April 15th, 2005, 10:32 am

This show is the sickest, most twisted thing I've ever seen in my life. (And no, I don't mean that in a good way).

It's basically a parody of Sesame Street that's on very late on MTV2. (it was originally called "Kid's Show".)

They use animation sequences as well as puppets, like Crank Yankers. (Except this show makes Crank Yankers look like Strawberry Short Cake.)
There are many warnings at the start of this show that it is NOT intended for children (it's rated TV-MA) but there are many children who act in it. It's child exploitation plain and simple. The makers of this show should be arrested--I'm not kidding.

There are graphic referances to sex, EXPLICIT violence and an all around feeling of UNPLEASANTNESS. It's way, WAY beyond anything on adult swim, and even more disturbing for the fact that it's modled an innocent program...

I can't even express how sick this show is, you have to see it for yourself.
Last edited by ShyViolet on November 1st, 2006, 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » April 24th, 2005, 9:06 pm

It's MTV...!

You're surprised by this? I'm not!

MTV showed years ago that it cares nothing for standards of taste and decency... They'll do, say, and show anything for a buck!

Sure, they're protected by the ACLU and every other crackpot organization that thinks you have ABSOLUTE free speech and don't have to worry about the consequences of what you say or show, but it's B.S. and most of us know that.

Don't give them your time or money...

Too many people already do and that's why Viacom and MTV are still going strong today.

I agree that they're cesspool vendors, but if people are really concerned about this, don't let your kids see their shows and don't give them your money. Heck, if I had MTV-2 and was really mad about what they showed, I'd just delete that channel from my TV's memory and that would settle that.

As it is, I DO kind of get a vicarious thrill for a minute or two when I flip by MTV and see how DUMB and outrageously out-of-touch with reality most of the celebrities who appear on that channel are. VH-1 is a bit better by degrees, but not really much.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » April 24th, 2005, 9:17 pm

MTV sucks anyway.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 24th, 2005, 9:34 pm

What really bothered me was not just the fact that kids watch this show (hey, they also watch South Park, which is also TV-MA) but that kids are IN this show. Real kids. (and they all look like they're under 12) Saying profane and disturbing things. Commenting on sick cartoons. Acting in a show intended exclusively for people over 18. Doesn't that strike you as a little...well, almost ILLEGAL, even for MTV?

In South Park there are kids in "weird" situations, but they ARE NOT REAL CHILDREN. Two grown men provide the voices, the children are only drawings. Although I"m not crazy about the fact that that show puts kids in undesirable situations involving sex, violence, profanity, etc...I know that it's all make-believe, and that no real children are involved. (well, other than the ones who watch it). WonderShowzen is different. These are real children and acting in an adult-orientated show. The "warning" at the start even says: "WonderShowzen is in no way intended for children. If you let your kids watch this show, you are a bad parent." Well, what about the parents who let their kids act in this pile of festering, reprehensible garbage?
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 25th, 2005, 11:10 am

You know, I don't know WHEN the last time was when I saw a full-length MUSIC VIDEO on MTV... :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 25th, 2005, 6:07 pm

It's pretty much just reality shows now, with unbelievably vapid people..... :?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Wonder Showzen

Post by ShyViolet » July 12th, 2005, 3:35 pm

http://www.laweekly.com/ink/05/33/tv-abele.php

This article describes this show and its VERY offensive content. If you are easily shocked, you probably shouldn't read this.

This show is seriously sick and in my opinion, the creators should be in jail.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » July 12th, 2005, 4:27 pm

I saw this show not too long ago.

oh my god.
I love it.
I LOVE IT.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Russell_Reyes » June 15th, 2006, 4:41 am

lol. the kids probably dont get it anyway... my favourite movies in kindergarden were Dumb and Dumber + the Nutty Proffessor, i completely forgot/didnt care for the naughty scenes...

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 15th, 2006, 12:38 pm

ShyViolet wrote:This show is seriously sick and in my opinion, the creators should be in jail.
Macaluso wrote:I saw this show not too long ago. oh my god. I love it. I LOVE IT.
I don't really need to say anything here, do I? ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » June 15th, 2006, 2:14 pm

Not really 8)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » June 15th, 2006, 2:14 pm

Not really 8)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 15th, 2006, 9:11 pm

lol. the kids probably dont get it anyway...

Kids get a lot more than people think they do... :roll:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » November 1st, 2006, 7:13 pm

I saw part of this again....I still think it's horrible. I know it's on DVD as well.

I don't think the creators should be in jail anymore. Not the jail with visits and classes and TV. The solitary confinement kind.

Take about, oh, 50 or 60 years to reflect on why you produced something that is the equivalent of having your eyes sprayed with battery acid, why you made a mockery of a dead man's singular achievment , and why you chose to involve small children in it.

(No offense to Mac or those who like it, it's just how I feel. I just think that this show goes way too far.)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 1st, 2006, 7:39 pm

Here's a shocker! I don't like this show either :shock:

I gave it a chance before because I like that kinda humor, or anything for that matter, but this show is just wrong!

I wish they would cancel this show, its so sick. I can name things I remember, but I won't :?.

And I agree it goes to far, again examples but I won't.

The thing is I hate this show, but love Drawn Together :? I don't know why :roll: maybe because DT is a cartoon and makes fun of pop culture all the time, while WS makes use of real kids that I find demoralizing. Whatever the reason I just can't like it......

But its MTV what should I expect? Another incarnation of Beavis & Butthead...... No I wouldn't want that either ;)