DuckTales Reboot

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Team
AV Team

Re: DuckTales Reboot

Post by Dacey » March 7th, 2017, 11:09 am

For the sake of simplicity, I think we can call DuckTales a "2D" show.

And is Tailspin the only Disney cartoon TV series to have an episode that was completely banned? Because, seriously, an episode of Tailspin was banned!
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » March 7th, 2017, 12:47 pm

Dacey wrote:And is Tailspin the only Disney cartoon TV series to have an episode that was completely banned? Because, seriously, an episode of Tailspin was banned!
You mean, before airing, or after?
One episode of "Buzz Lightyear of Star Command" later reportedly dropped out of syndication, an "anti-drug" episode where Buzz's female partner Mira starts using a new super-boosted power source, and her "down" times without it start looking a little too metaphorically close to the real thing.

So, what was the Tailspin episode?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 7th, 2017, 4:01 pm

droosan wrote:TaleSpin -- I often wondered what Rudyard Kipling would've thought of it.
I often wonder what he would have thought of 1967's The Jungle Book, too! ;)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » March 7th, 2017, 4:15 pm

Tailspin had two banned episodes. One which received a temp ban for pandas who supposedly depicted Asian stereotypes, but a permanent ban was issued after a single airing of one in which Baloo's plane was taken over by terrorists. Both episodes apparently made it to the DVD set, though.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » August 11th, 2017, 5:44 pm

From the front page, a pretty great piece on the man behind the DuckTales theme:

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/20 ... heme-music

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » August 13th, 2017, 7:39 pm

Site review: Ducktales is a blast of Saturday morning fun!

http://animatedviews.com/2017/ducktales/

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 2nd, 2020, 4:41 pm

Season 3 to be its last:
Drew Taylor wrote:I love seeing the #RenewDuckTales2017 hashtag but regretfully inform you that the show is very much done and has been done for a little while now. Not sure why Disney Channel has yet to announce this, but it’s the truth.

--How do you know S3 is the final one?

Because the offices haven’t been open for a while now (somebody told me when they closed up shop) and most of the key creative talents have moved onto other, equally exciting projects!
Such a shame, but I've been expecting this. Loved Della and Lena's arc and the show on the whole. Hopefully we get a decent finale.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » December 2nd, 2020, 7:07 pm

Given how ambitious the series has been, this sadly signals the end of an era for Disney placing anything resembling a priority on Disney XD or even Disney Channel programing, and indicates all of their future efforts will go to Disney+.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 2nd, 2020, 8:08 pm

Disney made the official announcement.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » February 19th, 2021, 4:05 pm

Promo for the final episodes:

Looks good! And a 90-minute finale!