Legend of the Three Caballeros Cartoon coming soon!

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Legend of the Three Caballeros Cartoon coming soon!

Post by EricJ » July 3rd, 2018, 4:53 pm

Dacey wrote:Sort of related, but with DisneyToons closing, does Disney have any TV animation studios left anymore?
Sofia the First and DuckTales Redux are credited to "Disney Television Animation", which seems to provide much of the cable work. Think that was true of most of the Disney Afternoon, while the Toons studio was for the direct-videos.
Whether that's the production office or the studio depends pretty much show to show.
So I'm assuming DisneyToons (the Australian studio back in the day) stopped doing traditional animation with Cinderella III then?
I'm equally assuming they were casualties of Michael Eisner's purge of 2-D studios, except for their business of replicating classic movies, which was shut down during the Lasseter era.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 3rd, 2018, 8:17 pm

Walt Disney Television Animation still exists, based in Burbank I believe, but that’s mostly just always been a development office, with physical animation production taking place elsewhere. A lot of the Disney Afternoon shows were done in Japan, and DisneyToon itself was a label that fronted work done by physical studios in Australia, France, Canada and Japan.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » July 8th, 2018, 5:05 pm

Watching the show on youtube I really enjoyed this series. Love the classic animation style and Donald is great in it. Love the cameos like peter pig, pete and his first son from the old Donald shorts, donalds lookalike, buzz buzz, and humprey the bear! Plus the comic only ducks getting cameos! I'm not going to lie I enjoy this more then the ducktales reboot! Disney needs to put this on Disney xd!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » July 31st, 2021, 1:58 pm

TV debut August 7 on Disney XD. Shame it was a one and done.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » August 2nd, 2021, 9:17 am

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 2nd, 2021, 3:10 pm

So this is the same show from a couple of years ago that eventually turned up on D+ (and that I *still* need to catch up on!!) making a showing on XD? It’s not disappearing from D+ is it?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » August 2nd, 2021, 3:30 pm

Not that I've heard. Doubt it will since the same thing happened with "101 Dalmatian Street" and that's still on the service.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » August 2nd, 2021, 5:54 pm

Yeah, was about to say, catching up on it was one of the first shows I put on my list when the service premiered, and I, er, still haven't. :oops:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » August 2nd, 2021, 9:26 pm

I have watched the first few, and liked them.