Scooby-Doo and Guess Who?

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Scooby-Doo and Guess Who?

Post by Daniel » June 21st, 2019, 3:49 pm

Trailer launched for the next series installment:

This is going to be good! I'm liking the retro-ish design. A nice return. Be Cool was just too ugly, and average especially on the heels of Mystery Incorporated. Was that show a masterpiece!

Most of all this show looks fun! Already they have a few of my favorite characters and celebs. And some not so faves... Wanda Sykes, ugh! Here's hoping for Carly Simon down the road! ;)

The premier date shown is for Boomerang's streaming service. Will be premiering on Cartoon Network in July and TV Boomerang later. Voice cast is set in stone, same as usual. This includes current Velma. Oy. :roll: :(

AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: Scooby-Doo and Guess Who?

Post by Randall » June 22nd, 2019, 2:21 am

Well, that looks promising. I can see now why they're reissuing the 1970s Scooby-Doo team-up show. (BTW, the Blu-ray, including all the new-to-video eps, just got a sale price on Amazon - $30.)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 22nd, 2019, 3:24 am

You know, with all their "ooh" titling, it’s only a matter of time before we get Scooby-Doo & Tigger Too! ;)

(And then the inevitable Scooby-Doo & Tigger Too 2: Electric Poohgaloo! ;) ;) )

I did see the Movies set had dropped. Tempting! I may yet hold out for now, but that and Jonny Quest are both pretty good pricing right now. Here’s hoping for a Black Friday half-off though! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 22nd, 2019, 12:43 pm

“And I would’ve gotten away with it too, if it hadn’t been for those meddlin’ kids!”

Hope they include the classic line. Lol. :wink:

And, wow, Boomerang...that takes me back. I LOVED how they showed old Smurfs (80s cartoon) reruns. :). Do they still?

EDIT: Oh ok they’re a streaming service. Just wondering, is that show available?
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » June 22nd, 2019, 1:01 pm

Ben wrote:
June 22nd, 2019, 3:24 am
You know, with all their "ooh" titling, it’s only a matter of time before we get Scooby-Doo & Tigger Too! ;)

(And then the inevitable Scooby-Doo & Tigger Too 2: Electric Poohgaloo! ;) ;) )
Groan. Leave it to Ben... :roll:
Ben wrote:
June 22nd, 2019, 3:24 am
I did see the Movies set had dropped. Tempting! I may yet hold out for now, but that and Jonny Quest are both pretty good pricing right now. Here’s hoping for a Black Friday half-off though! :)
I was not that strong. Jonny and Scoob ORDERED! :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » June 22nd, 2019, 1:19 pm

I'm waiting for Wally Gator, next week .. then I'll get all of those, and the new Popeye set.

ShyViolet wrote:
June 22nd, 2019, 12:43 pm
“And I would’ve gotten away with it too, if it hadn’t been for those meddlin’ kids!”

Hope they include the classic line. Lol. :wink:
There was a programming block on the Boomerang TV channel awhile back called "Those Meddling Kids," which consisted of episodes of Scooby Doo, Clue Club, Chan Clan, Jabberjaw, Speed Buggy, Captain Caveman, Josie and the Pussycats, and etc..! :)

I haven't yet subscribed to the Boomerang streaming service, so I dunno for sure whether they have The Smurfs. But I'd be surprised if they didn't have what's available on DVD, at least; it was certainly a staple of Boomerang TV, along with The Snorks.

addendum: woot! 1500th post! Still a lightweight, compared to most..! :mrgreen:
Last edited by droosan on June 22nd, 2019, 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » June 22nd, 2019, 2:09 pm

Yep, The Smurfs are on there! Here's a link of all the shows they currently have. They offer a free 7-day trial when you sign up. There's also a section for free episodes. They have a few gems from time to time!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » June 22nd, 2019, 3:09 pm

Cool. 8)

Looks like they have a bunch of Smurfs holiday specials (listed under "Movies"), too..! I don't recall seeing most of those available on DVD, even via Warner Archive.

I've just got some sort of 'mental block' that keeps me from subscribing to streaming services, though. Maybe I'll get over that, someday. :|

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » June 22nd, 2019, 5:27 pm

Aha, so THAT'S why Warner restored all those lost-rights New Scooby-Doo Movies from the 70's for the "almost complete" boxset!

You'll notice that '19 Scooby now meets Wonder Woman rather than Batman & Robin, now that Warner's put her in front of their DC Comics movie/TV franchise.
(And Sherlock Holmes, because Warner's pushing the Robert Downey Jr. movie along with their other cult titles, but at least the book character is public domain...So, going by the usual Tom & Jerry patterns, I gather they also meet Willy Wonka and Beetlejuice at some point in the new show?)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » June 23rd, 2019, 11:50 am

Tom and Jerry met Beetlejuice? When did that happen?

Although not featured in the trailer, Scooby and the gang will be meeting up with Batman at least. Based on The Animated Series model with Kevin Conroy voice to match! Sweet!

Congrats on the 1500th post, Droo! Took you long enough. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » June 23rd, 2019, 6:13 pm

Daniel wrote:
June 23rd, 2019, 11:50 am
Tom and Jerry met Beetlejuice? When did that happen?
...ANNNNN-y minute now. :roll:

(Although rights from the earlier cartoon will probably be too tied up, so we're more likely to get "Tom & Jerry Meet the Goonies" first, or something with the Gremlins.
We've already had official Judy-canon Wizard of Oz taken care of, so there's that.)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » June 23rd, 2019, 6:56 pm

Gotcha!

You know who would be cool to cameo? The Powerpuff Girls! It would be reminiscent of those old Cartoon Network bumpers. Be even cooler if they managed to get the original voices.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » June 25th, 2019, 12:13 am

While we're at it, they could go to Dexter's Laboratory and sniff out a mystery monster there. Ah, the possibilities...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » June 26th, 2019, 4:20 pm

Indeed. They could even meet up with Johnny Bravo again! Gordon Ramsay could be fun too.

Here's an article that share's a few additional cameos not shown in the trailer. Probably one I most looking forward to is Steve Urkel. I'm a big fan of Family Matters so that will be nice nostalgia moment, and it will be interesting to see how close Jaleel can match his Steve after all these years. His Sonic didn't age too well.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » June 26th, 2019, 5:07 pm

Daniel wrote:
June 26th, 2019, 4:20 pm
Here's an article that share's a few additional cameos not shown in the trailer. Probably one I most looking forward to is Steve Urkel. I'm a big fan of Family Matters so that will be nice nostalgia moment, and it will be interesting to see how close Jaleel can match his Steve after all these years. His Sonic didn't age too well.
Oh, I'M looking forward to NBA star Chris Paul, Ricky Gervais and singer-songwriter Sia!

(Still, thanks for the heads-up that Warner's going to try and nostalgically "revive" Family Matters for a black demographic. We can start building those blast shelters.)