Blazing Dragons retrospective

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Blazing Dragons retrospective

Post by James » March 14th, 2020, 12:17 am

So what did you think of Dan's retrospective piece on Blazing Dragons? Any fans get hit with some nostalgia? I don't remember this at all but found it a fun read!

https://animatedviews.com/2020/the-blaz ... rry-jones/

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Blazing Dragons retrospective

Post by Daniel » March 14th, 2020, 4:46 pm

I don't remember it either but this explains why: "having a brief run in the United States on Toon Disney in the early 2000s." Didn't have the channel at the time. Nice read, though.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » March 14th, 2020, 5:50 pm

Thanks, guys. Really happy how this one came out.

I've actually been thinking a lot about Blazing Dragons for twenty years since first playing the video game way back when. Always been a big fan of the point-and-click graphic adventure genre and was delighted to see one on Playstation at the time, especially with the involvement of Terry Jones and Cheech Marin.

I happened to be living in Pennsylvania during the animated series' brief run on Toon Disney, which I managed to get. Thing was, on top of the apparent censorship that I didn't know about until later, it aired at like 4am or some extreme hour at night/morning. So one really wanted to watch it in order to do so, which I willed myself to do on a number of occasions. It was around early 2002, I think, when the show got pulled.

Interested in seeing if we can get some further discussions about the series going here. 8)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 14th, 2020, 6:32 pm

As I said when you proposed doing this retro, this was the first time ANYone else has ever mentioned this to me outside of those of us that saw it. And I’m sure I didn’t see every episode as I seem to remember it got pushed about a bit in the listings — despite my trying to videotape each one (literally because of the perceived Python connection), I often only just got in from school when it was or had started, so that made making nice clean tapes of the show rather impossible. I thought I did remember Jones having a voice in the series but guess that’s just memory tricks as I guess he only did voiceover for the game, which I dint think I ever saw. I’m not even sure I saw the second season, but I do recognise the different designs, so maybe I did see it, or even the game, somewhere. Long, long forgotten, though, until you brought it up again!