The Disney Family Singalong

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

The Disney Family Singalong

Post by Daniel » May 9th, 2020, 3:55 pm

This aired a couple of weeks ago on ABC. If you haven't seen it's on Disney+. Thought it was good. Enjoyed most of the performances. Nice escape. It was so well received they're doing it again tomorrow for Mother's Day! Here's the full list:
D23 wrote:The Muppets will raise the curtain on the show, followed by a vocal warmup with Tituss Burgess, and the updated roster of performances will include the following:

“A Whole New World”—Idina Menzel and Ben Platt
“Almost There”—Chloe x Halle and Anika Noni Rose
“Baby Mine”—Katy Perry
“Beauty and the Beast” – John Legend and Jennifer Hudson
“Hakuna Matata”—Seth Rogen and Billy Eichner feat. Donald Glover and Walter Russell III
“Part of Your World”—Halsey
“Poor Unfortunate Souls”—Rebel Wilson
“Remember Me”—Miguel feat. Christina Aguilera
“Step in Time” and “Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious”—Derek Hough, Julianne Hough, and Hayley Erbert
“Try Everything”—Shakira
“When I Am Older”—Josh Gad
“You’ll Be in My Heart”—Disney on Broadway stars Merle Dandridge, Heather Headley, Adam Jacobs, Caissie Levy, Kara Lindsay, Kevin Massey, and Josh Strickland
“Your Mother and Mine”—Sabrina Carpenter feat. Lang Lang
“Zero to Hero”—Keke Palmer feat. Dancing with the Stars Pros Lindsay Arnold, Alan Bersten, Witney Carson, Val Chmerkovskiy, Jenna Johnson, Sasha Farber, and Emma Slater

… and more surprise performances!
The Muppets! Nice enough roster. Think the one I'm most anticipating is "Baby Mine". "Almost There" seems a bit crowded, kinda wish it was just Halle to gouge what we will be getting for the Mermaid remake. Another take on "Poor Unfortunate Souls". I don't have much hope for that one. Not of fan a Rebel, and seriously doubt she'll be as good as Latifah.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: The Disney Family Singalong

Post by Bill1978 » May 9th, 2020, 5:52 pm

Rebel performed as Ursula at the Hollywood Bowl live concert production of Mermaid in 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AypyABiVDes

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » May 10th, 2020, 9:33 am

What started as Disney/ABC's version of a Hal Gurnee's Network Time Killer (just wanted to see who'd remember those from the 80's) has now become their #1 "What can we SHOW, during the lockdown, when everyone has to film from home?" franchise.
They've already dug Millionaire back up again, and they're hoping movies will be next.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » May 10th, 2020, 2:45 pm

The "Who Want to be a Millionaire" reboot was actually announced long before the whole pandemic started, and the date had already been set.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by carolinama » June 12th, 2020, 6:10 pm

ooh friend thanks for the list, I will try to see it as soon as possible, it looks very good, disney plus is a good platform

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Hales » October 6th, 2020, 1:55 am

The Disney Family Singalong. Nearly 13 million people across the nation were united in song by "The Disney Family Singalong,"
EVisa Requirements for Azerbaijan get information

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 3rd, 2020, 2:38 pm

A Holiday edition is slated for later this month. Hope they use "As Long As There's Christmas" from Beauty and the Beast: The Enchanted Christmas.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » November 3rd, 2020, 6:52 pm

Think it's just general Christmas songs--How many did they HAVE, besides that one and Lady & the Tramp's?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 3rd, 2020, 8:25 pm

EJ doesn’t know his Disney Crimbo songs very well, do he?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » November 3rd, 2020, 11:58 pm

Okay, apart from Minnie's cover of "Santa Baby", enlighten me.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 4th, 2020, 4:21 am

The From All Of Us To All Of You special and album, for starters, one of the most iconic. And Kris Kringle (with a jingle jingle jingle), Peace On Earth from Lady/Tramp (nicely done in the new film), Merry Christmas Day from MCC (and, a little cheat, the Muppets' Christmas songs now owned by Disney), and the Disneyland Christmas Adventure album, along with a number of traditional carols sung by the Disney characters (and other covers, like Minnie's Santa Baby).

But that Jiminy special and album is the big one. There were also some fun holiday-themed songs on there, like Jingle Bones, that a young Tim Burton might have heard as a kid (hello Nightmare)! Think of The Skeleton Dance celebrating the festive period!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » November 4th, 2020, 2:14 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if they use Making Christmas from Nightmare. Or is that wishful thinking?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 5th, 2020, 2:34 pm

It has Christmas in the title, sure!

Probably a pipe dream, it would be amazing if Angela Lansbury did a new version of "We Need a Little Christmas":

Given the year we've all had, we definitely do...!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 5th, 2020, 7:51 pm

Daniel wrote:
November 5th, 2020, 2:34 pm
Probably a pipe dream, it would be amazing if Angela Lansbury did a new version of "We Need a Little Christmas":
What’s wrong with the one she already did!?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 6th, 2020, 3:54 pm

Not a thing. It's perfect, I even have it on my Crimbo playlist! Just that these specials only use new virtual recordings, so thought it would be cool to see her all decked out and remake it. That's all. :)