Hanna-Barbera Studios returns!

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Hanna-Barbera Studios returns!

Post by gaastra » September 30th, 2021, 10:56 am

Also hbo changed it's mind on removing the old cartoons from max. They get to stay.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » September 30th, 2021, 11:05 am

List of scooby films coming to hbo max. Also scoob will air on cn halloween.

Movies from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Library include: Lego Scooby-Doo! Blowout Beach Bash, Lego Scooby-Doo!: Haunted Hollywood, Scooby-Doo and the Goblin King, Scooby-Doo and the Samurai Sword, Scooby-Doo! & Batman: The Brave & the Bold, Scooby-Doo! & the Gourmet Ghost, Scooby-Doo! & WWE: Curse of the Speed Demon, Scooby-Doo! Abracadabra-Doo, Scooby-Doo! Adventures: The Mystery Map!, Scooby-Doo! and Kiss: Rock and Roll Mystery, Scooby-Doo! and the Beach Beastie, Scooby-Doo! and the Spooky Scarecrow, Scooby-Doo! Camp Scare, Scooby-Doo! Curse of the Lake Monster, Scooby-Doo! Frankencreepy, Scooby-Doo! Ghastly Goals!, Scooby-Doo! Haunted Holidays, Scooby-Doo! Legend of the Phantosaur, Scooby-Doo! Mask of the Blue Falcon, Scooby-Doo! Mecha Mutt Menace, Scooby-Doo! Moon Monster Madness, Scooby-Doo! Music of the Vampire, Scooby-Doo! Pirates Ahoy, Scooby-Doo! Shaggy's Showdown, Scooby-Doo! Spooky Games!, Scooby-Doo! Stage Fright, Scooby-Doo! The Mystery Begins, Scooby-Doo! The WWE Mystery
https://www.cbr.com/hbo-max-cartoon-net ... coobtober/

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » September 30th, 2021, 11:40 am

gaastra wrote:
September 30th, 2021, 10:56 am
Also hbo changed it's mind on removing the old cartoons from max. They get to stay.
Okay, how about the 00's-CN-throwback mistake known as "Jellystone"?

(Jabberjaw now sounds like JoAnne Worley? Augie Doggie as the psychotically-cute lil' girl from Despicable Me?? :? )

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 30th, 2021, 2:05 pm

Changing Jabberjaw to a girl, no respect. Will say though despite the gender swaps, I think the show looks kinda cute.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » September 30th, 2021, 4:57 pm

Jellystone is actually hilarious. They have so many HB references and characters sprinkled throughout that even hardcore fans may not catch them all.

I say give it a try. :)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 30th, 2021, 5:56 pm

I definitely intend to. Have a few episodes recorded off of Cartoon Network, just haven't gotten around to watching.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » October 1st, 2021, 7:39 pm

Like the "deconstructive" gags of the "Wacky Racers" reboot, it's Warner indulging in more of their 00's-throwback issues:
Check off a list of all the 70's HB that was demonized during the "school-bully" phase...Yep, they even remembered the old Grape Ape jokes.
Only now, of course, they get to make Banana Splits jokes into more of a thing, since they can leech off the recent movie.

Still, though, the series creators having literally no idea who most of the characters are (I actually had to explain to one fan why Augie in the original cartoons was not only not a girl, but kept saying "Oh, the shame of it, my own dear father!") has the distinctly Gen-Z look of writers who only knew the entire 70's H-B canon from Internet memes, and the general directive that they should make mean-spirited fun of it because it was Old and Embarrassed Other Animators, because other people did when they were kids.
Which is the state of 21st-century Gen-Z humor--If you saw it on the web and don't understand it, improvise from scratch, bluff about how Random it is, and try to confuse somebody else.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 2nd, 2021, 12:53 am

Going by feedback and interviews, you couldn't be more wrong. Your Augie Doggie quote doesn't feel in-character either, (or accurate: "dear old Dad") that sounds more like something Sylvester Jr. would say!

Also, most of the main characters are from the 1960s...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » October 2nd, 2021, 5:10 am

Daniel wrote:
October 2nd, 2021, 12:53 am
Going by feedback and interviews, you couldn't be more wrong. Your Augie Doggie quote doesn't feel in-character either, (or accurate: "dear old Dad") that sounds more like something Sylvester Jr. would
Actually, looked up the old toons on a bootleg site (along with the rest of the MIA Quick-Draws), and once it gets going, he says it verbatim in at least a dozen cartoons.
And yes, it DOES sound like something Michael Maltese would have brought over from Warner, but you digress.

On the subject of old fans vs. new amnesiac ones, though, got into a fan discussion vs. the new “Huhuh, it’s funny and random and totally inappropriate, with Yogi acting like a deranged Peter Griffin…”, and the minute the slightest defense of the classic toons came up, the discussion turned to well-indoctrinated demonizations of why Magilla Gorilla was the Enemy of the People.
Until I started bringing up some specific Yogi examples, and the few old enough to remember them did concede there…was actually a bit of fourth wall wit to the vintage golden-era toons.
And then went back to the episode about the Banana Splits’ killing spree. :roll:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 2nd, 2021, 5:25 am

One garrotting, two garrotting, three garrotting, four…

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 2nd, 2021, 12:21 pm

Just re-watched "High and Flighty" and sure enough Augie Doggie does say " Oh, the shame of it. My very own dad interfering with science, progress, and the exploration of outer space." Brain fart!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » November 2nd, 2021, 7:19 am

How on earth did i miss this one? A scooby prime time special and i missed it.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 2nd, 2021, 1:58 pm

You can view the special here. Meant to post about it but slipped my mind. It was fun and informative with some fluff. Appreciated that they touched on all the various versions of the franchise. Didn't like how some of the flashbacks used the current VA's though, like with Velma. Dug the unmasking montage!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » August 12th, 2022, 10:13 pm

Is velma show killed? Her va hints it isn't.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » August 19th, 2022, 1:24 pm

When the show was initially announced, I saw Mindy and Velma trending and for a moment thought it was about Mindy Cohn returning. You can imagine my disappointment. It didn't sound interesting and the image didn't do it any favors. I don't think anyone will really be upset IF it gets cancelled.