The Venture Bros.

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » April 7th, 2007, 11:08 am

Re: the username, we've been meaning to change it ever since I joined the staff, since we all use our real names. Because "RandCanuck" was close anyways, it wasn't a big priority I guess.

Glad you liked the review. I thought the series was pretty fun. Edgy, but not offensive. And usually pretty darn funny.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 7th, 2007, 4:31 pm

Ah, I was wondering why Josh had to get it changed, and you didn't. Guess that anwers that question. Glad you finally got it changed, though!

That I did. Keep up the good work, Rand! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: The Venture Bros.

Post by Daniel » December 16th, 2020, 7:04 pm

News from HBO Max:
Andy Forssell wrote:The Venture Bros fans are passionate, but incredibly civil. I've received tons of emails, all of which are short very well written notes, oozing with politeness. Class fans. Nothing imminent, but know that we're working on it. #SaveTheVentureBros

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » December 16th, 2020, 7:39 pm

I haven't watched the last season yet, but I would hope they do get a chance to finish things off nicely.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » December 17th, 2020, 12:40 am

Too bad they always took f-o-r-e-v-e-r between seasons. Even Rick & Morty is faster! Not saying good things don't take time, but that probably played a role in it getting (temporarily at least) cancelled.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 17th, 2020, 2:43 pm

Haven't watched the last season either, or the majority of the series. Always meant to, but you know how it goes...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » May 12th, 2021, 1:32 pm

Looks like it's getting a movie adaptation which will serve as a sequel to the series.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 12th, 2021, 4:48 pm

DTVs though, not theatrical. Interesting that they premiere on home video *before* going to HBOM, though. That’s a swap around.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » May 13th, 2021, 2:01 am

I'm in! Love the show, and glad to see it continue. I still have to watch the last season, though.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 13th, 2021, 6:43 am

I love what I’ve seen, which is maybe four or five eps and a few glimpses of some others on Adult Swim here. Trouble is, they never program things in the same spots, so it’s hard to get a groove. And I’d like to start from the front anyway. But I knew you’d be pleased when I saw that announcement!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » May 13th, 2021, 9:34 am

A groove is certainly necessary to fully appreciate the show, which is generally serialized, with ongoing story threads. I think there was maybe only one season I didn't enjoy quite so much, but overall it's been quite entertaining.