[Old] New features!

Updates, Announcements and Your Feedback
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Brandon Neeld » January 7th, 2007, 3:48 am

LOL - You know - just the other day I was thinking about asking you about RSS feeds - you read my mind! =)
"We're Dead! We're Dead! We Survived but We're Dead!!!" -Dash- "The Incredibles"

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » January 17th, 2007, 12:28 am

The A-N archives and search engine are back up and running! Please let me know if you encounter any issues.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » January 20th, 2007, 12:40 am

I've added a box at the bottom of the forum front page that will let you see at a glance if anyone is in the chat room! I've also done some work on the chat room code so let me know if there are any problems.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 22nd, 2007, 9:04 am

Nice idea!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Mitch » January 22nd, 2007, 4:32 pm

Hey, great addition to the forum, James! That makes me real happy -- now I'll be able to actually see who's in there before adventuring into the chat room myself. :D
"Welcome to hell." - Skinner

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » January 22nd, 2007, 5:01 pm

Feel free to use the chat room anytime guys. It's a very cool feature. You can set up times in advance in the forums or just pop in. Or if you want take an animated topic you enjoy and set up your own unofficial chat for people to meet and talk with you about.

Obviously keep things PG - there are kids present. Also chat logs are saved for 24 hours or so, so you never know who might come in later and read them!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » February 5th, 2007, 1:24 am

Hey, I was just wondering, is there any way we can use the emoticons from the chatroom for our posts? Or get more emoticons for the forum?
It would be cool to have more! :) :P

I don't know if it's possible technically, it would be so great tho. :D

:wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » February 5th, 2007, 4:07 am

More emoticons? That would be awesome! :D

On the subject, would it be possible to have character emoticons? Kinda like this - Image I know Toon Zone and Gac have them, so it would be cool if we could! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » February 5th, 2007, 4:45 am

Ohhhh......that would be sweet. :)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 7th, 2007, 9:55 am

Uh oh! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 20th, 2007, 4:07 am

I don't know if this applies to us, but I read recently that "PhpBB3" is going to launch soon, and I'm wondering if AN is going to upgrade? I heard there's a couple of new features, so it would be cool! :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Social media links

Post by James » March 25th, 2010, 1:53 am

Heads up on a new website feature: at the bottom of every article is a row of icons that will make it easier for you to share links with people on various social media sites. Please let us know how it works, as the staff don't use all of the sites and therefore can't test how they work! And if we're missing your favorite site let us know that as well.