Hello, I'm new! (Introduction thread)

Updates, Announcements and Your Feedback
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

New here. Saying hi and have a great idea, Toonfest '08!!

Post by Ghostfreak » October 15th, 2008, 9:16 am

Hey, I'm GhostFreak, I'm new here, 27 y/o animation fan. Hopefully there isnsome great cartoon discussion here and everyone is cool and fun to talk with.

Me, along with other people on other forums have come up with Toonfest, an annual weekend where you spendnas much time watching cartoons as possible. If you can't watch cartoons then try to do something special in observance of animation and cartoons. Think of it as an animation holiday!

Www.myspace.com/officialtoonfest

Add us if you have a myspace or visit us if you don't.

So tell me, how's everyone enjoying "You are Here" every Friday at 8pm on Cartoon Network?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

"You are Here" block

Post by Ghostfreak » October 15th, 2008, 9:20 am

How is everyone enjoying the "You are Here" block on Cartoon Network? I love the presentation and the distinct feel the gold and black look gives the block, it has a life of it's own. The bumps with King Nood are great too, he's a great mascot. I'm enjoying the shows but I feel they need to play more shows and less encores of previous episodes.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 15th, 2008, 3:47 pm

Welcome, Ghostfreak...I merged your two similar posts and moved this topic to our internet section.

Good luck with your ToonFest! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Im new here

Post by Darkblade » November 1st, 2008, 8:46 am

Hello users of the Animated news and views, you got yourselfs a new member!

Let me tell you everyone alittle bit about myself....I love 2D animation And seriously think CGI is overused ALOT. Im disliking the way John Lasseter is running the disney company{He got rid of one of the greatest guys Chris Sanders} My favorite movies are the animated ones{and of course mixed with live-action.} Im 16 years old and I love drawing, I'm going to be a movie director so I can make animated movies in hopes of bringing back adult animation{There hasnt been an adult cartoon in the movie theaters for ages}

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 1st, 2008, 2:49 pm

Welcome DB :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 1st, 2008, 5:13 pm

Welcome Darkblade, I hope you enjoy your stay. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by mailman641 » November 17th, 2008, 2:17 pm

welcome darkblade!

I'm also new and I didn't want to start another "i'm new" thread so I'll just add to this one. The type of cartoons I like most are the kind that tell the whole story in 6~7 min(mostly the old theatrical shorts). I'm not a big fan of the made for tv continuous story where if you miss a few episodes you don't know what's going on anymore.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 17th, 2008, 3:44 pm

I thought we had an intro thread somewhere around these parts...

Welcome mailman! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 17th, 2008, 3:46 pm

I already like you! Welcome mailman! Cute avatar. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Baree » October 10th, 2010, 11:21 pm

Well, if there is an introduction thread I can't find it, so I will use this one as well. I'm a Dutch cartoon fanatic. I also consider myself part of the furry fandom, though my interest mainly is in cartoons. So, yeah, I collect mainly furry cartoons, though I have some non furry ones as well. I can never have enough, really. My search for some missing episodes of one such toon led me to this board. Coincidentally, if anyone here still maintains contact with Hoagiebot I'd love to hear it.

Ehm... yes. Well. Study wildlife management, love boardgames as well... Fish is awesome. What more do you need to know?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 11th, 2010, 2:49 am

Let me be the first to welcome you, Baree! :) You're actually the first person to "officially" use this thread since I created it. Nice intro, hope you enjoy your stay!

Hogiebot still post sporadically, but has been gone for sometime. What's the name of the cartoon, by the way?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 11th, 2010, 4:13 am

Nothing wrong with fluffy cartoons! A lot of them are! Welcome! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re:

Post by Baree » October 11th, 2010, 4:37 pm

Daniel wrote:Hogiebot still post sporadically, but has been gone for sometime. What's the name of the cartoon, by the way?
"Krypto the Superdog". I was quite surprised as to how negative people were towards the show on this forum. I mean, it is what it is... Definitely a kid show. You can't watch it and expect anything else. But for what it is its certainly not bad. It has some very goofy characters, some of which I really like. And have you checked out the voicecast? Seriously, It seems as if every major voice actor ever has had a role in it :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Hello, I'm new! (Introduction thread)

Post by Della Bosca » January 30th, 2011, 2:16 pm

Hey, all. I'm Della, and I just joined yesterday evening. Seems like you have quite a closely-knit community here; that's what I always hope for (but hardly witness) in the animation forums I frequent. I hope to eventually get to know you all and share in the fun. My tastes in animated movies and shows are quite literally all over the map, but I have a feeling I'll come to fit in quite well. Already I've come across one Sonic fan and more Disney buffs than I can count! I know I'm gonna love it here.

By the way, if any of you blog or use additional services (Twitter, etc.), I'd love to keep in touch with you there as well. I'm currently working on a blog project that ties in my love for animation and graphic art with my passion for "domestic" arts like cooking and interior design. If any of you are remotely interested in that sort of thing, feel free to message me so we can further discuss it. :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » January 30th, 2011, 3:12 pm

Welcome aboard! I'm sure you'll find some friends here. Some of the folks get a little wound up about things sometmes, but just be sure to not take anything too personally. We just have a very dedicated and passionate group of animation fans here. You can also follow AnimatedViews on Twitter, BTW.