Hello, I'm new! (Introduction thread)

Updates, Announcements and Your Feedback
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Mitch » January 22nd, 2007, 4:39 pm

Welcome to the boards, Rothlor! I hope you enjoy your stay here.

Ben - Haha! :lol:
"Welcome to hell." - Skinner

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

New to the Forum

Post by Kezza » March 1st, 2007, 4:00 am

G'day folks,
I'm a new member on the boards here, just thought I'd quickly introduce myself. I'm 19 on March 23rd, female, and currently live in Brisbane, Australia. I've just started my second year at university - studying a Bachelor of Animation, which I am thoroughly enjoying. My ultimate goal is to one day work for a studio (like Disney or Pixar, or any studio that makes good quality animated films really, lol) as a character animator, and eventually a supervising character animator (hey I can dream big, haha!).
I'm a big fan of anything done by Glen Keane, to me his abilities are just truly amazing.
Anyway, hope to talk to you all soon on the boards! :D
Kezza.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 1st, 2007, 5:09 am

Hey Kezza! :)

Glad to have you here! :wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » March 1st, 2007, 6:41 am

Welcome to the Animated News & Views Forum, Kezza! We hope you enjoy your time here! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jeroen » March 1st, 2007, 8:13 am

Seems we share a common dream Kezza,
Welcome To the forum!!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 1st, 2007, 10:22 am

Welcome. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 1st, 2007, 2:36 pm

Welcome, Kezza! :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Ben's baaaaaa-aaaaack!

Post by Ben » April 4th, 2007, 1:58 pm

Hey guys...

I just wanted to jump in here and apologise to our great readers and my fellow working colleagues here at Animated News & Views for my complete recent no-show on the sites and forums.

Following a very nasty virus almost two weeks ago, I was completely shut out of my PC. I had to buy and install a new drive, reinstall everything and get back up to speed, which took around a week. I managed to alert the rest of the guys here as to what was going on, and after a couple of weekends ago I was hoping that was the end of my worries.

I got back to where I was with my PC, but trouble's always a-brewing, and my online access was very intermittent, often being cut off for almost a day at a time. I spent half the time on the phone to the broadband company, and the other half on doing "real world" work that had been mounting up from my week without a working PC or access to any of my work files.

Apart from my love of animation, I am extremely into preserving the legacy of my local town, Borehamwood in the UK, with its famous Elstree Studios, home to the Star Wars, Indiana Jones trilogies, Roger Rabbit and HitchHiker's Guide among many, many, many others over the years. As such, I co-founded last year the Elstree Film & TV Heritage Group, and we're making good headway on making ourselves known and being taken seriously as an independent concern.

Last night, we held our first "Open Evening" at the local cinema, with an on-screen presentation on our first year's activities (including a recent publication and an "Elstree Film Festival" that we ran last year), a showing of a very rare 1989 documentary on this film town by the BBC, and an announcement of the "Film Festival II", which we're again running this June.

Naturally, as the visual consultant for the Group, much of the evening's content rested on my shoulders, and any time I DID get my PC working I could not tempt the couple of hours I would lose each day if I wandered into Animated News & Views territory...!

I know this has left some readers - not to mention my colleagues - high and dry, and I really do apologise for my lack of appearances. We made it through by the skin of our teeth last night, but only due to my working flat out on preparing for the event without spending any time on anything else.

Now the event is out of the way, and we're all taking a breather over the Easter break, I can assure you all of my complete dedication to AN&V over the next couple of weeks. As such, and with nearly 600 forum messages to look at, I'm going to skip some and concentrate on site issues and some limited topics that I've been following.

But...I really AM back this time, and ready to play again where it's always fun to hang out.

Best to all,

Ben. :)
Last edited by Ben on April 4th, 2007, 6:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jeroen » April 4th, 2007, 2:01 pm

Welcome back Ben
did you get our gift-basket?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » April 4th, 2007, 3:47 pm

Hey Ben. Nice to see you back. :)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 4th, 2007, 4:56 pm

Well, I haven't been around much lately myself. ;)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Zach » April 4th, 2007, 6:04 pm

Wendy's Jane wrote:Well, I haven't been around much lately myself. ;)
:D I haven't been here much.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 4th, 2007, 6:33 pm

Me neither. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 4th, 2007, 6:43 pm

Hiya Ben! :)

Glad you're back. :wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 4th, 2007, 7:03 pm

I'm like here all the time! :D

Anyway, nice to have you back, Ben! I was starting to worry about you, but glad everything is back to normal. :)