AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Whippet Angel » November 2nd, 2009, 7:54 pm

Love the new look.

You guys have done a wonderful job! :D

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 2nd, 2009, 7:56 pm

Everything we do...we do it for you... ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Sunday » November 3rd, 2009, 12:55 am

Stupendously tubularly splendiforificallitastically excellent!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jeroen » November 3rd, 2009, 7:24 am

Ben wrote:Everything we do...we do it for you... ;)
Haha, I almost felt a song and dance routine coming there. ;)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 3rd, 2009, 7:41 am

Sunday wrote:Stupendously tubularly splendiforificallitastically excellent!
I was thinking the same for that one too! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » November 3rd, 2009, 1:34 pm

Just had to say it the new site looks fantastic! :D
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Foxtale/almostthere_signature_smaller.jpg[/img]

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » November 3rd, 2009, 2:18 pm

I just wanted to highlight one new feature several of you have already discovered, but I'm sure many more have not.

At the bottom of every review is a place where you get to rate whatever is being discussed. Your score is automatically added to all the other reader votes received and the reader average is displayed.

There are several other new features I might mention here later as well!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Sunday » November 3rd, 2009, 10:56 pm

^ If there was a Thanks button I'd be pressing that, too!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » December 1st, 2009, 2:10 pm

Woohoo! Our first Top Story since the relaunch! In order to make top stories grab your attention better note that the background color is not the same light blue that is usually in that spot and is instead the same light yellow color as our News column.

Just another of those little new features we think makes this redesign so cool!

AV Founder
AV Founder

The New Animated Views Forum

Post by James » February 7th, 2010, 11:16 pm

After a little longer delay than planned, the second big part of our site make-over is now complete -- welcome to the new Animated Views Forum!

You'll find things pretty much as you know and love them, but with a little more pep, polish, and a few new features.

Please let us know of any issues you find that need fixing. Also feel free to leave any comments/complaints/suggestions in this thread as well.

Thanks for being part of the Animated Views community!

(P.S. Note the new link if you've bookmarked us!)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » February 10th, 2010, 12:38 pm

The forum may look the same, but under the hood there have been a whole lot of changes that will make it run better and make it easier to run. Most of the new stuff you'll notice is just new and better ways of doing old things. But there are a few new features to point out.

- Attachments: You've been asking for this for a long time and we finally have it! You can add pictures to your posts without having to upload them somewhere else first!

- User Control Panel: There are a lot more user configurable options in the new user control panel. You can manage your private messages, drafts, profile, and settings there. And each section has new features as well. For example you can now send a PM to more than one person at once.

- Birthdays: You can put your birthday in your profile and on the big day you'll get a happy birthday message on the front page.

- Friends and Foes: You can use this feature to keep track of posters you want to follow more easily and ignore those who you don't want to hear from. (Please use the ignore option sparingly as it will make conversations more difficult if everyone is ignoring everybody!)

- Online status: Under the name of the poster in every message is an icon that lets you know if that person is currently browsing the board or not.

I'm sure there is more I'm forgetting. Plus this doesn't even scratch the surface if you include updated features (for example, poll creation is much easier now)! Let us know if there is a feature you can't figure out.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » February 10th, 2010, 12:41 pm

One last thing: If you are using a modern browser, you'll note some new cosmetic changes that users of older browsers won't see!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » February 11th, 2010, 10:48 am

More new features:

- Post warnings: If you see a post that is spam or contains inappropriate material you can click the exclamation point icon to let us know.

- Another type of post warning: If you are typing a reply to a thread and someone else posts a message in the same thread before you are done, the forum will warn you when you submit your message so you can read the new post before completing yours.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » February 11th, 2010, 12:57 pm

The new forum looks nice. :)

However, it's reeeeaaalllllyyyy slow for me at the moment. But that's probably due to my internet connection.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."