Welcome to Animated Views 2.0!

Updates, Announcements and Your Feedback
AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » February 12th, 2010, 1:33 pm

Dreamhost (our web provider) has been very flakey all week. I've had just about every thing on the site shut down at one point or the other this week! I'm hoping they've sorted it all out by now.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » February 15th, 2010, 1:07 am

Another new feature: you can add your Twitter and Facebook info to your profile page!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Zach » February 17th, 2010, 12:49 am

I'm really liking the new forum. The design is more sleek and cool. And everything is much easier.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: The New Animated Views Forum

Post by droosan » February 20th, 2010, 4:13 am

One possible 'gotcha' .. hidden text seems to have gone away.

It was a handy method for keeping 'spoilers' out of view, for those who are concerned about such things.

If it can't be brought back easily, I'll just have to stay out of some threads entirely until after I've seen the movie/show under discussion. Not to mention, watch what I say, myself, in case someone else hasn't seen what I'm discussing.

oop. the 'idea' smilie is gone, too. Oh, well. I was probably the only one who used it much. :|

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » February 20th, 2010, 12:32 pm

The HIDE option should still be there. I specifically re-addded before we launched. Now for some reason posts imported from our old forum that used the HIDE option don't work here. But any new posts should be able to use it by pressing the button on the editor page. It is showing up for me, but let me know if for some reason you guys are not seeing it.

(BTW - same goes for the YOUTUBE button. Old imported-to-this-forum posts with youtube links will just show the links for some reason. But any new youtube videos liked using this version of the forum software work fine.)

The idea smilie....! I can't believe anyone noticed! It bugged me that we had one smilie not lining up in neat little rows so I tried to pick what I thought might be the least needed smilie to delete! Sorry!

AV Team
AV Team

Re: The New Animated Views Forum

Post by Josh » February 20th, 2010, 3:55 pm

The forum looks fantastic! I love the new features. :)