The incredibly cool online animation thread

Updates, Announcements and Your Feedback
AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 3rd, 2006, 7:35 pm

I like the Jar Jar and Yoda "Who's On First" too.

Quality stuff...but that Star Trek kills me everytime. So clever. Man they really have to know that footage, huh?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 4th, 2006, 7:43 pm

My fave Star Trek satire was the one in Futurama. :)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 5th, 2006, 8:55 am

This isn't a satire, Vi!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Snakes on a Phone!!!

Post by Meg » August 5th, 2006, 7:15 pm

Oh my gawd, this is hysterical. I laughed so hard I think I ripped open the cuts in my mouth from getting my wisdom teeth out.

CLICK!!! :D

http://i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=18905

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by i_cartoon123 » August 9th, 2006, 11:20 am

Hey Gang! We're back in black with episode II...
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 8857963183

I hope you enjoy it, and please leave feedback

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Jim Carrey on Spielberg, circa 1995

Post by ShyViolet » August 10th, 2006, 6:22 am

You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Michael Eisner and Kermit, late 80s

Post by ShyViolet » August 10th, 2006, 9:47 am

Wow! It was so cool to find this on YouTube. Really takes you back to when Disney was just on the cusp of becoming a gigantic corporate juggernaut. Eisner's much younger here....and he and Jim Henson (who were friends) interact together...it's so sad about Henson. :cry: Plus, Eisner seems quite different.

Last edited by ShyViolet on September 30th, 2006, 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 10th, 2006, 9:47 am

Violet sent me this link as she was unsure if it was appropriate. Since it's been doing the rounds for a few days, all I'll say are the words "Mel Gibson" and "Signs" and you can decide if you want to watch it.

There is no profanity (language or imagery) in there, but does play a (funny) joke at Mr Gibson's expense in relation to why he is in the news right now:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ae_Kskfw6c

I-Film has the original encode in slightly better quality:
http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2761514

This thread will not turn into a debate on that matter, nor should anyone start up another one in the forums. Any further remarks on this that are out of line with the guidelines of these pages will be deleted and the poster subject to a potential ban. Please comment on the techincal and humor content of the clip ONLY.

Thanks! :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 10th, 2006, 10:03 am

Funny, but you can see he's nervous and ends up going over the top to compensate, something that he did a lot around that time before The Truman Show gave him commercial AND critical credibility in Hollywood (yes, I know he had been successful the year before in The Mask and the first Ace movie).

He's grown on me though. I loved The Mask but everything else was OTT and then I saw Batman Forever and Truman and got a handle on him. Funny stuff.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 10th, 2006, 10:33 am

Just had to add this:

:P

It's an old trailer for the Lion King that originally ran with the (second) re-release of the Fox and the Hound, I'd guess around '92 or '93? It shows the artists working and even has an earlier version of "Can You Feel the Love Tonight". Worth a look! :)
Last edited by ShyViolet on September 30th, 2006, 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » August 10th, 2006, 10:44 am

Notice that the Lion King trailer also says that the film features seven original songs from Elton John.
Last edited by Josh on August 10th, 2006, 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 10th, 2006, 10:48 am

Kermit and ME:

Ahhh, back when Eisner was personable, likeable and a good guy, before the bottom line became his mantra and he felt the Disney he helped get so big was slipping away from him and he had to micro-manage.

Funny seeing him recoil as Kermit walks in though - watch his face! Classic.

Lion King Trailer:

Wow - LOVE that alternate version of Lebo M's opening with the choral vocals going on behind it. Gorgeous!

And an incredibly young looking Nathan Lane! JK at Disney! Berny Mattinson in the background! Proper stylistic crocodiles! The original version of Can You Feel The Love Tonight with the brilliant harmony line that was cut! Magic!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 10th, 2006, 10:52 am

Uh, that version. Like the idea of it, but the lyrics are baaaadd. "If you wait for the shining moment, the moment may just last?" - oh purrrrlese!

All this is infringing copyright y'know. ;)

Just watch that "Beauty And The Beast Part 1,2,3,4,5..." disappear soon.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 10th, 2006, 9:14 pm

Also "Can You Feel the Love Tonight, Won't you stay to see?" Huh? :roll:
And an incredibly young looking Nathan Lane! JK at Disney! Berny Mattinson in the background! Proper stylistic crocodiles! The original version of Can You Feel The Love Tonight with the brilliant harmony line that was cut! Magic!
Also, if you look carefully in one shot, you can Don Hahn as well. :)

Oh, here's what Ben was talking about too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIw3QHWt ... ed&search=

(f I'm not allowed to post this due to legal reasons, feel free to delete! :wink: )
Last edited by ShyViolet on August 10th, 2006, 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 10th, 2006, 10:38 pm

All this is infringing copyright y'know.

Just watch that "Beauty And The Beast Part 1,2,3,4,5..." disappear soon.
QUICK_EDIT
That's too bad because there's some amazing stuff on Youtube. Not just those excerpts but some really rare cartoons--I finally got to see "Der Feurer's Face"! :) Excellent!

Funny seeing him recoil as Kermit walks in though - watch his face! Classic.
Yeah that was hilarious! :D