The incredibly cool online animation thread

Updates, Announcements and Your Feedback
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

New Promotional Stop Motion Site

Post by animateclay » May 18th, 2008, 11:53 am

Recently,

I put together a formal press release to promote our new site for stop motion animators. I think your readers might find it fun to visit and take part in, as it is a great way for them to get noticed.

Thanks for your consideration,
Marc

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

SPRINGFIELD, MO - May 13, 2008

STOP MOTION MAGIC NETWORK BRINGS NEW ASSETS TO ANIMATORS

New Site Helps Animators, Students and Studios Promote Stop Motion Projects

There is a new social networking site for stop motion animators by creator Marc Spess, author of the book Secrets of Clay Animation Revealed.

After years of getting involved with various online communities related to the art, Marc realized that stop motion on the Internet is extremely fragmented. This is a major road block for serious stop motion film makers when it comes to self promotion. While stop motion is seeing rapid growth on the Internet, many aspiring animators don't have a central place to meet and share their work.

Many animators have blogs to promote themselves without personal galleries. Some have YouTube pages with many videos but can't post resume information due to the limits of the site. Others have MySpace accounts to promote themselves without videos. On top of it all, neither of these sites is specifically geared towards animation.

Employers have to sift through dozens of sites to find talent, and many animators don't know when jobs are available. That's where the Stop Motion Magic Network brings all these major popular site elements together under one theme.

Some features available at the new network site are for members to freely create customizable profiles. From here they can include personal information about their particular work experience and aspirations. Other members can rate, comment, bookmark and offer advice on the videos, blog entries or images uploaded to their page. Exceptional work becomes featured, making the creator of the work even more visible.

The classifieds area of the site is a great way to network with studios and craftsmen in the trade. Employers can post job offers, artists can post resumes and individuals can offer film making items for sale to those in need.

Groups can also be created by individuals for more specific topics such as sculpting or armature making. In this way members can become more organized in sharing information. Members also have a means of sharing specialized information by writing forum posts and even chatting on the built-in instant messaging system.

Aside from being a great communication and promotional tool, the site is also a fun and safe place for any stop motion and clay animation fans to visit.

Visit the Stop Motion Magic Network at this URL: http://www.stopmotionmagic.com

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 19th, 2008, 7:23 am

Hey Marc!

Thanks for the notice. For your own protection, I've removed your contact details from the post above.

You may not mind some of the oddballs and weirdos out there contacting you, but if you were hounded by someone really, <I>really</I> scary, we wouldn't want to be the ones who were the source for the links.

Your site remains available to click on, and if anyone wants to get to you I'm sure they can through that or by Private Messaging you from here.

Hope that's okay, and welcome to the boards - I hope you stick around! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Meet Monkey!

Post by JustinWilliams » July 24th, 2008, 11:27 am

The animation, by Damon Albarn and Jamie Hewlett - the team behind Gorillaz - twists the tale of the classical Chinese novel "Journey to the West", turning it into a "Journey to the East" and the Beijing Olympics. It will feature on TV, radio, web and mobile, introducing coverage of the Games on BBC Sport - the Olympic broadcaster in the UK. View the BBC animation HERE

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » July 26th, 2008, 2:37 pm

Great video!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » July 27th, 2008, 9:32 pm

I agree. I'd be very interested to see what this studio would come up with if given a feature film budget. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Journey To The East with Monkey!

Post by Dusterian » July 29th, 2008, 11:10 am

WOW! I didn't know they were capable of such beautiful animation and scene set-ups! I mean, that's why I didn't want to check it out, because it was made by the people behind the Gorillaz. But this was awesome! Somehow I doubt the music they used is like that of the Gorillaz. I'm guessing it's not a song originally made for this, but who knows. It was really beautiful, too!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 3rd, 2008, 5:31 pm

I understand that the music track used is from their stage show version of the Monkey story, which just finished a run here in London.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Animated short "A Day In The Life"

Post by breeson » October 23rd, 2008, 3:40 am

A Day In the Life of Two, 'not so with it' cartoon characters. Quite mad.

http://www.aniboom.com/video/290528/A-day-in-the-life/

Thanks for watchin! Sign up and give us a vote if you get a chance. This film is part of an online series we've created called Apt323.

www.apt323.com

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

New apt323 comic

Post by breeson » November 8th, 2008, 7:40 am

Just posted a new comic,
Check it out here:

http://www.breeson.blogspot.com/

and the film here!

http://www.aniboom.com/video/290528/A-day-in-the-life/

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Beautifull short film for Honda

Post by morgana » November 19th, 2008, 3:21 pm

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 19th, 2008, 3:52 pm

Yes, <I>very</I> nice. Honda do it again!

Welcome to our boards! :)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » November 19th, 2008, 9:18 pm

Wow! That short is fantastic! The animation certainly is impressive. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » November 22nd, 2008, 4:10 pm

Ben wrote:Brilliant. Better than mo-capped CGI dancing penguins, that's for sure. :)
And sex-carzed ones that is.
The movie just begins and it's already "You don't have to be beautiful to turn me on,I just need your body baby,From dusk 'til dawn,You don't need experience To turn me out".
"Let's talk about eggs,baby,Let's talk about you and me" (I"m pretty sure that I heard a songs that sounds like this,something like "Let's talk about sex babe,let's talk about you and me".
"You rule my world".
"I just want your extra time".
What is the first thing that little Mumble learns? that's right,sex,and why he has problems? sex again.
O___o.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 24th, 2008, 10:46 am

Both those songs <I>are</I> takes on well known tracks, Once. It's the Moulin Rouge of the animated world.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Sunday » November 24th, 2008, 4:37 pm

Consider it enjoyed :)

Looks like there's some creative vision to be had outside of a United Airlines brainstorming session.