Social media buttons are back online

Updates, Announcements and Your Feedback
AV Founder
AV Founder

Social media buttons are back online

Post by James » May 22nd, 2012, 11:51 pm

After the site was hacked a few months ago, I removed several features from the main page until I could make sure they were "cleaned" of any malicious code before eventually adding them back. That process went quickly but the social media buttons on the stories got left out. I'm finally getting around to adding them back.

We have buttons for Twitter, Facebook, Google+, and email, and we've added new buttons for Pinterest and Instapaper.

I'm going to try to keep the list a little leaner than last time when we had buttons for services hardly anyone used even back then (Google Buzz? MySpace? Yahoo Bookmarks?) but feel free to suggest anything we're missing and we'll look into it.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: Social media buttons are back online

Post by James » May 27th, 2012, 8:40 pm

Just added a print button to the sharing options! It brings up a new window with the story formatted without the ads, logos, sidebar, blue background, or any other other extraneous stuff that would waste your ink!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » June 23rd, 2012, 3:12 pm

Just fixed an Internet Explorer bug with the Pinterest button. Should be working for the hopefully very few of you using IE! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by laughingoctopus » June 23rd, 2012, 10:08 pm

James wrote:the hopefully very few of you using IE! ;)
We can hope!