AV XV: Views at 15

Updates, Announcements and Your Feedback
AV Founder
AV Founder

AV XV: Views at 15

Post by James » October 1st, 2018, 9:42 am

Believe it or not: this month Animated Views turns 15!

It's crazy to think we've been doing it this long! And even crazier that so many of you have been on this journey with us for years! AV wouldn't have made it this far without your support and we appreciate you guys so much for sticking with us!

We're working hard to keep things around here fresh and up-to-date -- and obviously that starts with our new look, updated to coincide with the anniversary! But we've got more plans in the works as well to help us move towards 20!

As for this anniversary, we're not going all out like we did for the 10th. But you can revisit all the posts we made for that birthday here: < http://animatedviews.com/about/tenth-anniversary >. At 15 we're going more low key -- the revamp, a (what I think is a clever!) new celebratory logo, and I'll have a piece about some of the other site milestones up on the anniversary date itself.

Thanks again to all our readers! We hope to do this all again for AV XX!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: AV XV: Views at 15

Post by ShyViolet » October 2nd, 2018, 12:47 pm

Yay! :). I can’t even express how wonderful it’s always been to hang out here! Unlike pretty much every fansite/forum out there (animation or not) not only has learning about/keeping up with animation been extremely fulfilling, but the kind and open environment really doesn’t compare to most websites out there.
James wrote:
Thanks again to all our readers! We hope to do this all again for AV XX!
Cool, looking forward to it! I’ll definitely be here. :)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 3rd, 2018, 4:53 pm

You’re very welcome, Vi! :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » October 18th, 2018, 12:00 am

Today's the day! Animated Views launched exactly 15 years ago! We have a couple of special pieces of content to celebrate with!

Animated Movies Database Archive
http://animatedviews.com/about/annivers ... e-archive/

Take a trip back in time to 2003 and the site that we descended from! Olivier Mouroux’s Animated Movies held a treasure trove of information about past, current, and upcoming films. Now you can explore the database he compiled during its existence, as it last appeared online.

Animated Views Timeline
http://animatedviews.com/about/anniversary/timeline/

Looking back over the years, there were a lot of people, events, and stories that brought us to where we are today. Take a scroll through time with us as we recall some of the milestones and highlights in the website’s history and revisit key posts and images from our past.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ibrmacf » October 18th, 2018, 9:00 am

Happy 15th Anniversary to the site that I always check first everyday ever since at least 2006. I know I'm not a forum regular, but I always visit the site! Congrats to everybody!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » October 18th, 2018, 4:10 pm

So, Animated Movies, the site's ancestor, was different from ToonsonDVD.com, one of those great old outposts where early late-90's DVD adopters went for latest licensing rumors, to find out which VHS tapes they could finally retire?

Think there was a bit of migration to AM after ToD folded, I know there're a few survivors here.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 18th, 2018, 5:39 pm

Nope...no-one from ToonsOnDVD went to AM or continued on (or is still) here.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » October 18th, 2018, 6:58 pm

I don't know about ToonsonDVD. Olivier had people who would send him news, tips, and info for Animated Movies, but in the end the site was all him.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » October 18th, 2018, 11:45 pm

Ben wrote:Nope...no-one from ToonsOnDVD went to AM or continued on (or is still) here.
As for ex-ToD forum members, nope, looks like Randall from SaskaTOON doesn't show up here lately, or at least he's long since switched that weird Flintstones avatar he used to use.

(But then, since I posted it, it's probably wrong--Here, I'll eyeroll for you: :?: :? :roll: )

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » October 19th, 2018, 12:42 am

Sounds like you're talking about ToD forum members while Ben and I thought you were talking about ToD staff members. Sorry for the confusion!

I don't think I ever visited ToonsOnDVD. Did AM have a forum? I can't remember!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » October 19th, 2018, 1:06 am

I used to visit AM every freaking day (I was an addict). I don't think they had a forum, but I could be wrong.

Also, wasn't the old DVD review site you guys had (which I was never a part of) called DVD Toons or something? I'd read the reviews there but was never a writer.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » October 19th, 2018, 1:14 am

And, wow, this might be my first "unofficial" contribution to the site...

http://animatedviews.com/2004/springtim ... e-trailer/
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » October 19th, 2018, 1:25 am

GOTTA ADD IT TO THE TIMELINE!

:)

Can’t remember that other site’s name, but ToonsOnDVD doesn’t sound right. One of them will chime in soon enough!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » October 19th, 2018, 1:32 am

Dacey wrote:I used to visit AM every freaking day (I was an addict). I don't think they had a forum, but I could be wrong.

Also, wasn't the old DVD review site you guys had (which I was never a part of) called DVD Toons or something? I'd read the reviews there but was never a writer.
Yes, a few of us from DVDtoons (plus James and a couple of others from AM, of course) were involved with starting up AnimatedViews... Ben, myself, and Rodney for a while.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » October 19th, 2018, 1:35 am

EricJ wrote:As for ex-ToD forum members, nope, looks like Randall from SaskaTOON doesn't show up here lately, or at least he's long since switched that weird Flintstones avatar he used to use.

(But then, since I posted it, it's probably wrong--Here, I'll eyeroll for you: :?: :? :roll: )
I never was familiar with ToD, but maybe you're thinking of DVDtoons, where I was involved, along with Ben.

And hey, someone misses my self-drawn, self-caricature Freddy Canuck avatar! I retired him after losing all my hair. Ol' Freddy didn't look like me anymore. Might be past time to draw up a new one!